Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Long Live The Car Crash Hearts

Twelve.

by rainydaykid13 2 reviews

"God, Lyric, what did you do?"

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-04-17 - Updated: 2007-04-17 - 553 words

0Unrated
Pete sat slumped against the backseat of Patrick's car, his head spinning.
"Don't die, Lyric, don't die," he kept thinking.
"This is all my fault," he said out loud.
Joe sat in the front seat, watching Pete carefully in the review mirror, "Patrick, is he alright?" he asked, lowering his voice, making sure Pete wouldn't hear.
"Honestly, I don't know. I think he's just in shock, but I'm not sure," Patrick replied.
"God, I never thought we'd be in the hospital three times this month," Joe said, rubbing his eyes.

Finally they arrived at the hospital and piled into the all to familiar ER waiting room. Pete's head fell to his hands as silent tears slid down his blood-drained face. Hope sat, asleep in Joe's arms as Joe sat, tapping his toes nervously. Patrick paced back and forth across the floor as Andy came strolling down the hall and into the waiting room.
"Assholes..." he muttered.
"How is she?" Patrick asked, as Pete snapped his eyes shut, trying to block out the world.
Andy shook his head gravely, "They wouldn't tell me anything, they just said they'll call us back as soon as they get her stomach pumped and she's stabilized," he muttered.
They sat there for hours on end, watching people go by; happy new fathers, sick children, nurses carrying pill bottles and blood transfusions. But no one looking to speak to them. Finally, after only God knows how long a doctor in a long white coat walked towards them, a sullen look on her face.
"Mr.Hurley?" she asked, Andy stood up.
"Mr.Hurley, in all honesty Lyric's lucky to be alive at this point. She took five of those pills. If you hadn't have found her when you did, she'd be gone right now. We pumped her stomach and she's hooked up to a respirator, but we don't know when she'll wake up, or even if she will," she said, you could hear the sincerity in her voice.
Andy sighed, "Can we see her?"
The doctor eyed the ragged looking group of friends, "There wouldn't happen to be anyone of relation here, would there?" she asked.
"Just Hope, her..." Andy paused, "um, daughter. And Pete, her um, boyfriend-ish type dude," he wasn't exactly sure what Pete and Lyric had going on,"I don't really think Hope needs to see Lyric that... way. And Pete, he wouldn't be able to handle it. He found her and it was bad enough on him, he doesn't need this," he rambled.
"OK," the doctor sighed, "follow me."
Andy followed the doctor down a long stark white hallway. Finally she stopped in front of a door and turned the knob. She opened the door, revealing one of the most heart-wrenching scenes Andy had ever seen in his life. Lyric lay in the hospital bed, an oxygen tube in her nose and an IV in her arm. Her chest rose and fell laboriously, like each breath took all the strength she had. Sweat drenched hair clung to her pale, white, blood-drained face. She looked almost ghostly in the dim light. Andy walked cautiously into the room, sitting down on the edge of an uncomfortable plastic chair. He brushed her hair out of her eyes and took her hand in his.
"God, Lyric, what did you do?"
Sign up to rate and review this story