Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Long Live The Car Crash Hearts

Thirteen.

by rainydaykid13 1 review

"A month ago I was you."

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-04-17 - Updated: 2007-04-18 - 665 words

1Moving
Andy sat there with her, just like that, for over half an hour, watching her chest rise and fall and praying that she'd wake, but she lay still as ever.
"Why'd you do this, Lyric?" he wondered, "What happened?"
He let Patrick go in, then Joe and Hope. When Joe and Hope returned Pete stood up.
"You're sure you want to do this?" Patrick asked cautiously.
Pete nodded, his tear stained face glistening in the fluorescent light.
"You want me to go with you?" Patrick asked, resting his hand on Pete's shoulder.
"No," he sniffed,"I need to do this alone."
He turned and marched bravely down the whitewashed hallway. He came to the door and grabbed the doorknob but hesitated, fearful of what might be on the other side. He didn't want to see her that way, but he had to. Lyric needed him. He opened the door and gasped, his mouth agape at the horrible sight in front of him. He shuffled over to the chair at her bedside and lay his head down on the bed, softly running his fingers over her pale, porcelain white cheek.
"Lyric..." he sobbed. He sat there, his head on the bed, his hand in hers, and cried. He cried for a long time. Pete almost never cried. He hadn't cried like this since his grandfather died when he was eight. After what seemed like hours he lifted his head and wiped the tears from his eyes. He looked at her peaceful face, wondering what went wrong.
"Pete? You OK?" Patrick asked, standing in the doorway.
Pete slowly nodded his head.
"We're gonna go grab something to eat, do you want to come?"
"No. I'm not leaving her," he said.
Patrick sighed,"Want us to bring you anything?"
"No."
And with that, Patrick turned and left.

Hours passed, Pete sat on the edge of the bed, still holding onto Lyric's hand, absently tracing his thumb back and forth across her palm. He couldn't cry anymore, he had to be strong. For Lyric's sake, if not for his own sanity's. His stomach growled, he needed to eat something. He sighed and looked at the clock; it was well after nine. He had been there since noon. He stood up and was walking towards the door when he heard a soft whimper.
"Pete?" she whispered softly. Her voice felt rusty, like it hadn't been used in years.
"Lyric!" he shrieked happily, rushing back to her side.
"What's going on? Where am I?" she asked. Pete looked sobered, suddenly. Her eyes grew wide as she realized exactly what was happening.
"I'm so, so sorry," she said, staring at her hands,"I just got scared, and I freaked."
"So you went and you tried to..." Pete just couldn't bring himself to say it.
"Pete, I just wanted it to stop," she pleaded.
"If you would have try to talk to one of us... Why didn't you tell us that you were...suicidal - even Hope would have listened!"
"You wouldn't have understood."
"How do you know that, Lyric?"
"I just do, Pete. It just seemed like since the accident nothing would go right and everything went wrong. I missed him, but I started to... to have feelings for you. I felt like I was doing something wrong by replacing him, I kept telling myself I hated you. I just wanted everything to stop h-hurting so much," she explained, her voice quivering.
"You should have just told us," he said, sensing the irony of the situation. Patrick had given him that same "Just say it" speech merely two days ago.
"I thought I'd tell you later, or if I got better I'd just forget about it. Like my problems would just go away."
"But what if you'd d-"
"Please don't say it," she begged.
"Lyric, just do me a favor?" he asked.
"Never tell me I wouldn't understand," he said,"I've been there. A month ago I was you."
She nodded. She knew.
Sign up to rate and review this story