Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Secret Girls

Part 5 - ~ Our Love Undone ~

by hyperballad13 2 reviews

Upon hearing of Patrick's engagement, Erica, his close friend, has to come to terms with her own emotions for him, and let them go. Should Erica give up on her feelings for Patrick or confess all, ...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-04-16 - Updated: 2007-04-16 - 1151 words

2Moving
Part 5
Erica was sitting by her vinyl collection. Full blast music was coming out of the turntable. "I Can't Stop Loving You" by Ray Charles. Each word that Ray spoke echoed out into Erica's soul. Each note stabbing into her heart. Erica began to sob into her knees. She had pulled on her baggiest jumper she had. Oversized. She cuddled in it. Hoping it will smother her. She began to mutter along with the music
"They say time, heals a broken heart, but time has stood still since we've been apart."
Patrick opened the door with the spare key. Erica was completely oblivious as he watched her sing and weep at the same time. Patrick knew something was wrong. It was hurting him to see Erica like this. The vinyl began to skip and Erica groaned. Removing herself from her position and went to put on some inherited Genesis from her father. Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, just what I need. It was only when she placed the needle down on that she noticed Patrick staring at her.

"Patrick, have you never heard of knocking? It's a polite way of letting someone know you are here."

"Erica you couldn't hear me even if I did knock," he giggled, "Besides your music is drowning out the party."

"My music is highly superior to that shite."

"True but please, turn it down."

"Fine fine fine."

Erica was being especially flippant towards him. He sensed anger and wanted to back away. But he was determined to get her back to the party. Erica pulled the plug on her turntable.

"There no music, now your future bride can listen to her crap."

"Erica what is wrong with you?"

"I'm FINE."

"You know, it is pretty hard to run away when you live down the hall."

"Who say's I'm running away?"

Patrick walked over to her as she flopped on her sofa. "I know you, you forget that, my only problem is, who are you running away from?"

"No one,"
"Is it Debbie? I know you don't get on that well."

"Ha understatement."

Patrick smiled at her. Unwillingly. He couldn't get into a gossip mode about Debbie but to him, Erica had good reason to hate Debbie.

"I know Debbie can be a bit of a -" he waved his hand trying to conjure up some word to describe his fiancee.

"A high class whore?"

"HEY!" he had to let out some annoyance that.

"Ok ok no, just a cheap bitch," she winked at him.

"Did you and Debbie get of the wrong foot or something?"

"You see, I hardly call Debbie calling me a "that snobby fat girl," getting off on the wrong foot, I see it as a death wish."

"When did she call you that?" Patrick stood there, in part fake aghast. Debbie had often called Erica that to him. Even though he stood Erica's ground. He just never knew that Erica heard.

"You're kidding. See, Patrick I have these," she grabbed her lobes, "They are called ears."

Patrick had to laugh at her. She sighed and turned away from him. Rubbing her eyes and trying not to get him to see her anguish.

"Erica why have you been crying?"
Erica felt more form. She could feel the words choking up in her throat. She tried to catch the one's that had spilt down her cheek. Her face contorted. She gasped as Patrick grabbed her hand.

"Erica what's wrong?"

"Patrick," she breathed in, "Oh if only I could tell you."

Patrick was studying her movement. She had pulled her long sleeves down and wiped the river that was cascading down her cheek.

"Erica come here," she went to flinch away from him but couldn't resist the bear hug he pulled her into. She began to sob on his shoulder. The embrace only increasing her pain. Not killing it like it used to. She intook his smell and told herself to forget it. Forget this forget him. The thoughts going around in her mind. Each one hitting her. It was like she had split herself into two. One desperately holding on, the other loosing faith. "Erica you can tell me anything." He whispered into her ear.

Forget him, forget him forget him forget him. "I can't" she firmly said, to him and herself. She broke away from his arms. "I can't."

"You can."

"No Patrick, I can't do this," she stood up. For once he couldn't read her feelings. She was stepping away from the sofa.

"Erica, I don't understand."

"Please Patrick," she was walking over to the door. "Leave me please."

"No not until you tell me what's wrong."

"Debbie will be wondering where you are," she uttered not turning to him.

"I couldn't give a shit," Patrick rushed forward, grabbing Erica's hand and stopping her. "Erica please tell me what's wrong."

Erica was face to face to him. Her blue eyes staring into his. Her heartbeat paused momentarily. She had been this close but his details had never been so, perfect. He embodied everything. And she had known it from the start. Her insecurities. His relationship. Obstacles in her path. Her soul craved for him. Patrick was her counterpart. How come he couldn't see it? The silence had been to long. Erica couldn't tell what Patrick was thinking. Or be it, that he was expecting, or wanting, what Erica was about to do. She pulled him forward and pressed her lips on his. Savouring the taste that they left behind when she pushed him away. It was a slight pressure but Erica had stated her shattered heart. Patrick stood there. His mouth open from the shock. Erica could feel herself ebbing away as the seconds passed.

"Erica why? what ?" Patrick had frowned out of confusion.

"Patrick if I could properly explain to you, if I could give you the words, then this would be easier. I can't I'm sorry."

Erica let go of him and walked over to the door.

"Erica what just happened?"

"Patrick please, just go."

"Erica," Patrick had risen his voice, he stepped over to the open door. With no intention of leaving. Not like this. "Erica you can't just kiss someone and expect them to leave!"

"If you understood,"

"You're not letting me understand."

"PLEASE PATRICK!"

Patrick looked at her. Erica's eyes were pleading. He knew he should leave. Let her calm down. But he was full of bewilderment. He bowed his head and sloped out the door. He stood before it as Erica stared at him.

"Erica, why did you kiss me?"

"Because I love you."

Erica slammed the door shut. She felt Patrick slam his fists against her door. "Erica!"
He repeated this for a while. Erica was leaning on her door. Patrick had given up hope. Erica, broken hearted, slid down the woodwork. Collapsing in aching pain onto the floor. Crouching in her tears.

**
Ciao Bella
Sign up to rate and review this story