Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Secret Girls

Part 6 - ~ Our Fears Ahead ~

by hyperballad13 6 reviews

Upon hearing of Patrick's engagement, Erica, his close friend, has to come to terms with her own emotions for him, and let them go. Should Erica give up on her feelings for Patrick or confess all, ...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-04-16 - Updated: 2007-04-16 - 905 words

3Exciting
Part 6

Patrick lay awake. Staring worryingly at the ceiling above him. His thoughts. His feelings. Muddled in the patterns he was watching. Patrick could hear the deep breathing from Debbie. Her back turned to him in their bed. He couldn't help but think of everything. The apartment that needed cleaning. That I'll be forced to clean /. The snores coming from around his home. /Especially the ones coming from the spare room. The new engagement he had fallen within. The next step with Debbie. And finally the one that plagued him the most, Erica's confession.

Patrick sighed and removed himself from his bedroom. It was around 5 a clock in the morning. Insomnia playing with his heart and mind. He left Debbie alone in the bed and walked into the kitchen. Kicking random cups that had been thrown onto the floor. Stepping over some bodies that had collapsed on the floor. Patrick made himself coffee and stared helplessly into the black abyss. Erica for one should not have told him. Not now. Patrick couldn't help be angry at her. Erica had possibly the worst timing he had ever known. Patrick had just thought he and Erica were merely just friends. And now this heavy confession weighed on his shoulders. And it shouldn't be. He had Debbie. He had found love. Erica was just a friend. Just a friend, that's all she Patrick. It was then when Patrick realised that he needed to talk to Erica. He slipped on some random clothes that lay upon his bedroom floor. Trying not to wake anyone he softly crept out of the apartment.

Unwillingly, he dragged his feet down to the end of the corridor to where Erica lived. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. Maybe he should just leave Erica alone. It could of just been the alcohol talking. Erica was alone and, he assumed, slightly under the influence. Patrick began to wonder if Erica was regretting what she said. Erica was forward yes and never a lie but perhaps she was just confused her feelings. Friendship with actual love. Yeah that will probably be it. Patrick swallowed his pride. Telling himself that this would be harder for Erica than it would be for him. He knocked firmly on the door. No answer. Well, it is 5 in the morning Patrick. He giggled to himself and removed the key that he also kept with him. In case of emergencies or if he just wanted to pop in on Erica. He daren't use it when she locked him out.

Patrick placed the key within the door and opened it.

"Erica." He whispered into the seemingly cold apartment. "Erica?"

There was no response. In fact, Erica's once lively flat seemed dead. He walked around and there wasn't any sign of her. No breathing. No music. No lights. It was dark. And it was lonely. Patrick frowned out of confusion. Where the fuck is she? Patrick scanned the room. His eyes fell upon a note on the kitchen. Curious he stepped over and picked it up. Reading each line. In taking all that Erica had written:



Dear Patrick

I am trying to make this note as easy for you and I. First things first, will you stop creeping into my apartment when I'm not there! It's called breaking and entering. You better not be taking any of my stuff. Thief!




Patrick had to laugh at that. Even though Erica was heartbroken she always had to play the act of clown. He read on:



Patrick this probably the hardest letter I have had to write. And maybe it's because it is you. Patrick you have known me for about half a year yet you seem to read my like a book. This, you couldn't see, which I'm shocked. For shame Patrick, your super powers are failing. Anyway, I am madly in love with you. I just think you are perfect. And no it's not because you are engaged to Debbie and this is some kind of sordid mind fuck game I'm playing on you. This is the truth. This is my heart. In letter form. Look, argh.



"Oh my god she actually wrote 'argh'," Patrick whispered.


Yes I actually wrote argh, I'm dictating. Can you please just continue reading? Thank you. I've gone back to England for a couple of weeks. Work knows, I've told them it is some family emergency. I need some air. And I think we need some space. Don't you? I am coming back. I am not running away and I am not giving up my feelings. But I need to get rid of this head pressure. Plus I haven't seen my mum in ages. It will be nice to drop in. I hope you understand. I will be back, you can't get rid of me. But when I do, please don't make things the least bit awkward for me. Forget what I said, forget this letter, forget the kiss. And remember me.



All My Love

Erica

Xxxx

P.s. I swear to god if you raid my fridge I'll eat you.



Patrick didn't even flinch at the last statement. He was lost and now even more confused. It hadn't been a drunken lie. It was the truth. And although she was flying half way across the globe, he wanted her here, now. To talk to her. Because the last thing he could do, was forget the kiss.
*
Ciao Bella
Sign up to rate and review this story