Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Comfortably Numb

|five|

by Kate438 2 reviews

She came across as beautiful and intelligent. Well, intelligent despite the fact that she was a cocaine addict and Mikey's new dealer.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Mikey Way, Other - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-04-16 - Updated: 2007-04-16 - 1271 words

0Unrated


Mikey sat in the living room, smoking a cigarette. He was waiting for April to come over. Ever since the night of the party he had been seeing her on a regular basis. Everyone thought that they were just dating. That it was a casual romance of sorts to take Mikey's mind off of other things. When people met April, they loved her. She had a certain charisma about her that put people at ease. She came across as beautiful and intelligent. Well, intelligent despite the fact that she was a cocaine addict and Mikey's new dealer.

That first line he had tried changed something inside of him. He had felt sick at first and as the drug set in,it made everything in the room zoom in and out. He had to lean back against the wall and close his eyes to keep from getting sick. He felt his heart rate speed up and could feel the beat of his pulse in his ears. It was so foreign yet so familiar. At first it had scared the shit out of him but it only lasted for a few minutes before the most wonderful body numbing high set in.

Compared to being drunk, it was a million times greater. April had leaned back against the wall as well before taking Mikey's head into her lap. He had laid there for an unknown amount of time, staring alternately at April's face and the ceiling. When he slept that night, he didn't dream of Gerard. For the first time in two months, he felt okay.

Mikey took a long drag off of his cigarette and sighed. He had been searching for that high for almost a month now. It was always close but not quite as intense. He was up to snorting two...three lines at a time, sometimes more than once a day.

He had lost weight but hid it well beneath baggier clothes. Frank pressed him about the weight loss one time and he had pushed it off on his nonexistent medication. He had stopped seeing his doctors all together as he felt that they weren't helping him. April was helping him. April was the one that was making him feel normal again.

The cigarette was almost out and he snubbed it the rest of the way in the glass ashtray that was perched carefully on the arm of the chair he was sitting in. He was just about to light another one when he heard a soft knock on the door.

"Finally." He muttered softly. He walked briskly to the door, unlocked it and flung it open. April was leaning to one side of the doorframe, smiling.

"Miss me?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. Mikey laughed, beckoning her into the apartment.

"You bet." She laughed at the comment as they walked into Mikey's bedroom.

"Well, in that case..." She opened the worn canvas messenger bag that she always carried and removed two small packets from a rip in the bottom. "We need to find a way to make some use of these."

She tossed them to Mikey, who caught them then immediately opened them and poured them onto the small mirror that was on his dresser. He expertly began to break up the small rocks into a fine powder and once he was satified with their texture he seperated it into neat lines. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. He was pleased that there were six lines. He turned to April.

"How much?" April was now perched on the end of his bed, fiddling with something inside her bag.

"Um, I got a good deal, so it's only eighty this time." Mikey nodded and retrieved the bills from his wallet and tossed them toward her. She collected them, stuffed them into the back pocket of her jeans and smiled. "Ah! Here it is." She said as she removed a small plastic bag from her own bag. Mikey had already done a line and looked at her with interest.

"What is that?" He asked as he handed April the rolled bill and watched as she snorted a courtesy line. When she was done she spoke.

"This, my friend, is heroin, the best fucking dope you will ever encounter" She smiled broadly, holding the bag up for Mikey to look at. Mikey looked at it with some interest. He had stories about how heroin was the ultimate drug. Mikey did another line and by the time he was done April had also pulled out two syringes and a spoon.

"What do you say? It's on me." She waved the two syringes in front of him. Mikey was already feeling effects of the coke but it wasn't that wonder high he was searching for. He had a slight fear of needles but felt he could brave it one time to see if he could relive that high.

"Well..." Mikey began hesitantly. "I guess I'll try anything once." April clapped her hands together.

"Excellent!" Mikey watched as she measured the drug into the spoon, heated it then went about filling the syringes and tapping the air bubbles out. Mikey watched, amazed at how easily she did every action. When she was done, she set the two syringes on the dresser and told Mikey to take his belt off. He did as he was instructed and she then told him to hold his arm out. Again, as if he were under a spell, he rolled up the sleeve of his long sleeve t-shirt and held out his bare arm.

"Okay." she began. "What you have to do is tighten the belt around your bicep as tight as it will go." She did this until it was almost painfully too tight. "Now, squeeze your fist a few times so your veins pop out." Mikey squeezed his fist a few times and like magic, the veins in his arm began to rise.

"Now, this is the hard part. Well, hard the first time you do it anyway."

She retrieved a syringe from the dresser and posed it above the biggest vein in Mikey's arm. They locked eyes for a moment and Mikey nodded his head with a mix of eager anticipation and fear. April stuck the needle into his arm and Mikey winced slightly in pain. He watched as she pulled the plunger back and the syringe filled with blood. A second later he watched it all diaapear into his arm and he sucked in his breath as his viens began to feel like they were on fire. It subsided a moment later and was replaced with that high he had felt only a month earlier.

"Do you like it?" April asked, her voice conveying her eagerness. Mikey nodded furiously as he leaned back into the pillows of his bed to enjoy the high. He watched as April expertly put the belt around her arm and commanded her veins to show themselves. He only grimaced slightly at the sight of all the track marks up and down her arm. When she was done she leaned back into the emptiness next to Mikey and they laid side by side a moment, enjoying their highs.

A few moments later, she rolled over and looked at Mikey who shaking, probably at the peak of his high. His eyes had a glazed look that she recognized well and he was breathing rapidly in short spurts. She kissed Mikey gently on the forehead, noting how her lips felt like ice on his hot skin and got up.

"I'll see you tomorrow." she winked, leaving Mikey lying on his bed, shaking and alone.
Sign up to rate and review this story