Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Immortal Dead

Massacre

by Nessrox444 0 reviews

At last it's come! The first chapter of the first real arc! I admit up until now it's been slow but I'm really proud of this chapter. It moved the story along while still making people ask question...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-04-16 - Updated: 2007-04-17 - 3193 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I created all these characters, the plot, the setting, the story; everything about this story short of the English language was created by me. Never use this story/idea and
claim it as your own. Enjoy!

I'm going to keep writing these stories regardless but I would appreciate feedback on if you like the story and how I can improve it. Please send me feedback.

From now on things in things in italics will be thoughts whereas bold will be flashbacks (I'm not going to type flashback anymore in the story).

__________________________________________________________________

Massacre

__________________________________________________________________

"Once we're there we'll do a simple inspection of the base. Once we realize everything is in order we're going to get out of that hell hole and back to Altair." The man yelled at Canth. The reason he was yelling was because the sound of the airships engines filled the air. The air ship was divided into a pilot area where two can sit and a cargo area where a whole platoon can sit and where the large engines were, with the mana core that powers the ship. Dan was in the cargo area, sitting next to the divide to the pilots room where Light sat, piloting the airship. The man's name was Light Cullhan he wore sun glasses, had blond-white hair, had pale skin, and currently completely black over coat that was unbuttoned, his shirt was black, his pants were black, and he wore black gloves and nice black dress shoes.

"So your name is Light? What's your specialty in magic? I hear you're an elite with magi properties." Dan said.

"My specialty... you really want to know?" Light said looking at Dan though his eyes were covered by the black sunglasses.

"Yeah that's why I asked, and keep your focus on the steering. I've only been in an airship a few times and I sure as hell don't want to die in one because the pilot was being an idiot."

"Well how else can I show you my power? You see my specialty is very powerful so when I tell you to shield your eyes." He said pausing for dramatic effect.

"Yeah?"

"You shield your eyes!" he said touching the bridge between the two lenses. The shade went away and Dan caught a glimpse of Light's eyes. Dan almost jumped back but managed to control himself.

"What the hell happened to your eyes?" Dan half yelled.

"Light is not only my name but conveniently is my element of choice. I can fire intense amounts of light, even capable of burning opponents. The first time I tried to control some of the more intense light attacks I ended up damaging my vision. These glasses not only correct the large damage to my vision but they can become shades to shield myself from the light. Like I said when I tell you to shield your eyes, shield them or you'll end up like me... or worse." Light said still staring at Dan.

"Would you keep your eyes straight and look where we're going?" Dan said a little angrily.

"No, I'm not that loser Sword Dancer, I don't have to follow all of the damn protocol to do everything." Light said in a very serious tone. Out of nowhere he changed his tune and smiled real big and looked back out the large window to see if he was headed in the right direction.

"So you hate Sword Dancer too?" Dan asked.

"No not really, he just has this 'everything needs to be done by the book' attitude and it pisses me off that he can get promoted so fast because of it. Did you know he recently got promoted to Major General after only being a Brigadier General for little over a year? That's bullshit if you ask me." Light said with little to no change in tone, he was highly concentrated on the skies now.

"I just hate him because he doesn't give a damn about murder."

"Neither do I. We're in the military; it's pretty much our job."

"Well of course, but I still have regrets about murder. It just doesn't seem right to me, even though I've done it in the past."

"If you let all of that regret pile up you might go insane." Light said smiling but sounding somewhat serious.

"You don't have to worry about that. But can I ask you a question? Why did you join the military?" Dan asked him.

"I joined to learn more about magic. I needed to know about it for a special reason. I don't want to go more in depth than that. What about you? I heard you joined to help cure your sister and that with a mana leaf you can save her."

"I already delivered the leaf, I don't know if it'll work though." Dan said looking down in sorrow.

"Well enough talk, I'm going to take a nap, if my lazy piloting ends up making us get into trouble, then you should probably wake me."

"Wait what!" But Light was already asleep.



"Jim you really shouldn't be moving." Wreck told him.

"I can't let that shell be loose. Besides the injuries aren't as bad as they originally thought and I should be fully recovered in no more than a few days with a medical magi around. Don't worry Sho... sorry I forgot how much you hate that name, I won't call you that anymore Wreck."

"Sho is so sensitive about his name." Jigsaw said walking into the room.

"You're one to talk; you won't even say your real name Jigsaw." Wreck said. The door opened up quickly and a man with glasses and brown hair ran into the room with a clipboard.

"You have to go into the President's office, he has a personal assignment for you." The man said quickly. "Oh shit you guys are in here too? I was told that no one else was supposed to know, just... keep it to yourself." He said before leaving quickly.

"That Donnell is a mess." Jigsaw said in his normal deep yet a little raspy voice. "I wonder what the assignment is."

"Guess I'll find out."


My wounds are almost completely healed. This is the place, time to get some answers Dem thought looking down at his sword. He was on a small cliff overlooking the base. The base was no more than 200 yards away. He jumped down the cliff and charged into the base like a mad man. He busted through the doors with his shoulder, sword drawn. He found bodies everywhere, they littered the hallways and blood stained the cement floors. The base was pretty low tech, cement walls and floors, it seems like it was mainly just a weapons cache. Dem couldn't care less about its purpose; he was little surprised to find these people dead. He heard noises coming from elsewhere in the base. He heard gunshots, a lot of gunshots. He ran off in the direction the gunshots were coming from. He ran through the halls, all of which looked the same. He arrived at the end of one of the hallways a soldier was looking the other way, rifle raised. Suddenly hundreds of light balls hit him all over and the soldier fell to the floor. Dem was not impressed; he casually walked down the hall and turned where the soldier was looking. He saw another large room littered with the bodies of the soldiers in the base. In the room was a woman in a dark green dress, with black boots and dark green gloves, as well as black hair, pale skin, and dark violet eyes. She saw Dem and immediately began to smile deviously. Her lips were a dark violet, and her teeth were slightly shark-like in appearance. Many might even find her attractive if they saw her.

"We knew you would come. What would people say when they saw you in this base surrounded by all these bodies?" She said still smiling just now more sincere and no longer showing her teeth.

"I couldn't care less what petty humans think about me. But it's you I'm interested in, just what the hell are you?" Dem said in his usual deep intense voice.

"What are you talking about? I'm human." She said in a high 'matter of fact' voice.

"You have the appearance of a human, but you're not a human, don't insult me. This sword, not only does it steal energy and use it for destruction, it also tells me the energy of humans nearby. You have no energy; in essence you're not even alive."

"I'm amazed that you knew that. Well then we still have some time, let me show you what you just got yourself into shelled man." She said. Her green clad fists started glowing bright. She punched her fist forward, shooting a ball of light at Dem. Dem scrambled to get away, barely missing the attack. The wall behind where he once stood cracked, pieces of concrete fell to the ground. "Interesting, this is so fun!" she said excited "Now it's time to get serious." She arced her fist back and threw a punch in Dem's direction. He did a dive to avoid this one into the direction he originally entered the room. She threw another punch at him. This attack was quick but he was quicker and jumped over the 2nd shot. Something happened that he didn't expect though. She fired a 3rd shot, he spun in midair to avoid it and landed safely only to have a 4th shot nearly hhit him. Finally a 5th shot came, but this one was different. The 5th shot split into multiple balls of light. Dem couldn't avoid all the light balls as they came much too quick and hit too wide of an area. A ball hit him in both knees, one in the right shoulder, and one in the chest and many more tore at his cloak. His blue blood leaked from his wounds, Dem got up and charged at the woman, completely ignoring his own wounds. She fired another glowing ball of light at him. He jumped over it but a second one was waiting for him. The blast shot-gunned him in the upper body forcing him backwards. He hit the wall, blood trickled down his body. "Well your increased reflexes and senses were still no match for my own, how sad, I was really having fun." She said solemn. She walked up to Dem when she saw his sword glowing. She looked quickly and Dem. "What are you doing?" she said wide eyed.

"It's absorbing the energy, this body is still fresh. Die vile creature!" he yelled plunging his sword into her stomach. His sword glowed bright and discharged energy into her, blowing her apart. Her upper body flew off to the center of the room and her lower body slumped over. Dem got up and dusted himself off, wiping off some of the blood while he was at it. "You weren't as tough as I thought." He said with a weak smile.

"You bastard!" she yelled. Dem looked on wide-eyed. A new set of legs began growing, and soon enough she was full again and completely healed. Dem froze, it was the first time he ever felt fear since he became a warrior. "You made me lose a life; unfortunately for me I can't keep having my fun. I have to leave immediately or I'll be punished... again. You'll die next we meet, bastard." She said as she ran over to a wall. She fired multiple shots and the wall collapsed. Dem recoiled in horror, the wall was almost dust. Wow, she was holding back the whole time! She could have shredded my body to pieces. Just what the hell is she?!? He thought.



"Jim Reyers, Brigadier General Jim Reyers. I have a mission for you, on the home front so you don't have to strain your injuries." The President of Gan said in a cheery voice.

"I'm honored, what is this assignment you speak of?" Reyers asked.

"The Altair military base in western Gan. I heard reports of something amiss, it may be abandoned or a front for illegal activities. I want you to go in there and see what's going on. If anyone is in there, take them to the Char base and imprison them, unless they're Altair. Then destroy the base, unless of course it is actually still under Altair control." He said. Reyers opened his mouth to say something but he was cut off. "Don't speak, just go, I have to be somewhere important." He said. Reyers did as he was told and left the room. Outside he found a fleet of ten airships, loaded and ready to go. Wreck and Jigsaw were on one of the ships, Reyers boarded and they departed.



Dan ran through the halls, yelling for any survivors. Light decided to contact Altair military command after seeing the slaughter. Dan rounded a corner and came face to face with fear itself. A shell dressed in a black cloak with a black hood. His cloak was torn and he was covered in his own blood. What he noticed though was his sword, which was stained in red blood.

"You bastard, did you do this!? What the hell could you have gained from killing all of these people!?!" He yelled extending his two wrist blades.

"I did not, but I do not care if you think I did. Kindly move out of my way, I have not the patience for this." He said in a harsh voice.

"You're not going anywhere." He said charging at Dem. Dem easily dodged all of Dan's attacks and delivered a knee to Dan's chest, sending him reeling and dropping him to the floor. Dem turned to leave; he walked over Dan's body and left the area. "I said you're not going anywhere, damnit!" he yelled. He extended his arm and lightning shot out hitting Dem in the back, sending him stumbling and causing burns to his cloak.

"Oh... I see how it is, you're a magi." Dem said turning around. "I always have time to kill a magi." Dem said drawing his sword. He charged at Dan and swung his sword. Dan ducked just in time. Dan attempted to uppercut Dem and with his wrist blade extended. Dem doubled back and punched Dan in the face with \
force to send Dan rolling backwards. Dem ran forward and stabbed through Dan's left arm, pinning him to the ground. Damn what the hell is happening? I feel tired, his sword...it feels like it's sapping my energy. Too close to use Red Lightning, I could be hit from the wide discharge, it's better to play it safe. I need to end this now. Dan thought. His hand started glowing red. "Burning touch!" he yelled pulling himself up and touching Dem's chest. Dem jumped back without taking the sword out of Dan's other arm. Damn he burned through the cloth, if I wouldn't have jumped back when I did he could have done severe damage to my skin. I'll keep that in mind. He's still not going to beat me though, even with all my injuries I'll still kill this magi and rid the world of another one of their filth. Dem thought looking down at the burnt cloth around his chest where Dan's hand had been. Dan pulled the sword out of his arm and threw it at his feet.

"You'll pay for all the murder you committed today." He said wearily.

"You're an Altair aren't you? I've never heard of you. It's typical though, humans are all the same. But I'm done talking to you, your voice is painful to listen to." He charging at Dan "just die!" he yelled punching Dan in the face. Dan slid back a few inches and got kicked in the chest and punched in the face three more times. Then his feet were kicked out from underneath him and Dem jumped back to grab his sword. Screw it, if he gets too close to me again, I'm dead. I guess I have no choice Dan thought quickly jumping up and firing Red Lightning at Dem. Dem held his blade up and directed all of the energy towards it. The immense heat and energy did little to the sword. Shit I'm in trouble. Dan thought as he fell back on the ground, fear struck. Dem looked at his sword, it steamed and smoked. He noticed it looked a little different. Dem's eyes widened Impossible, he actually damaged my sword? Just who the hell is this kid? From the looks of it he's scared, I should still retain the upper hand, time to kill. Dem shifted his body weight to charge Dan. Before he could he was saved.

"Shield your eyes!" Dan heard. He closed them quickly and tightly. When he opened his eyes Dem was no where to be found.

"What happened?!?" Dan said panting.

"I blasted him with a powerful ray of light. I shot him through the hall several rooms down. That won't finish him though, I had to weaken it because you were in the way, however, it still did significant damage, even if it didn't fry him where he stood." Light said with his glasses still mimicking shades.

"Next time just give me the short version. Let's go finish him off."

"Right."

"Hold it you two." A voice said. It was a Gan soldier. "Brigadier General Reyers I found survivors. Reyers and a platoon of soldiers walked in after him.

"Can you two tell me exactly what happened here?" Reyers asked them.

"We're not sure either." Light responded.

"Maybe The President was right, maybe there was something else going on here. Take them into custody. They can't be trusted until we know that they're not responsible for this."

"What the hell! We're soldiers of Altair just like these people! You can't do that!" Dan yelled.

"You own the base, but not the land. This is Gan territory, you're under the jurisdiction of the Gan government. If you resist we will use force, no matter how strong you are you cannot defeat or escape from all the soldiers we have stationed in the region. Just come quietly."

"Wait just a damn minute..." Dan began but was cut off.

"I'm sorry, I will come back for you, don't worry." Light said holding his hand out. A bright light engulfed the room and when it faded Light was gone.

"What the... what just happened?" a soldier asked.

"Search the area, there's only one entrance" he told his soldiers. "You, come with me" he said to Dan. Dan followed obediently, for now. The soldiers dispersed, most searched throughout the base and the remaining went with Reyers and their new captive. They exited the building and suddenly they heard loud booms. Cannons were going off on the ridge. "Who the hell authorized them to fire!?" he yelled. The base collapsed into rubble, trapping everyone beneath it.

__________________________________________________________________

I'm not going to say much down here. Please review, I'm really proud of this chapter.
Sign up to rate and review this story