Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Immortal Dead

A New Mission

by Nessrox444 0 reviews

Dem recovers from his wounds and accidentally discovers a conspiracy about to unfold by a mysterious group. Meanwhile Dan is given a new mission: to go to Gan.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Sci-fi - Published: 2007-04-02 - Updated: 2007-04-03 - 873 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I created all these characters, the plot, the setting, the story; everything about this story short of the English language was created by me. Never use this story/idea and
claim it as your own. Enjoy!

__________________________________________________________________

I'm going to keep writing these stories regardless but I would appreciate feedback on if you like the story and how I can improve it. Please send me feedback.

From now on things in things in italics will be thoughts whereas bold will be flashbacks (I'm not going to type flashback anymore in the story).

__________________________________________________________________

A New Mission

__________________________________________________________________

"Damnit, those bastards managed to injure me too much." Dem said talking to no one. The four wounds in his chest were bleeding tremendously. He was in an abandoned building, hiding from the Gan soldiers that swarmed the streets. Suddenly two figures entered the room, Dem hid amongst some boxes and waited.

"So what news have you brought me?" A woman's voice said.

"An Altair is sending over a soldier to inspect the last military base. Altair might be planning on entering the war against the Shells. We've been given an order to kill all the Altairs in the base and blame it on the Shells so that they enter the war." A man's voice said.

"Excellent... when should we strike?" The woman said.

"One week, that's how long it should take for the Altair magi to arrive. We're supposed to kill him too, that should spark a war much quicker than just killing the troops stationed there." The man told her. Dem had heard enough, he left through a high window and strangely enough, no one saw him leave... or so he thought. As soon as he was gone a third figure dropped from the ceiling.

"Aren't you glad I told you he was here?" A young girl's voice said. "My third eye allowed me to see him and telepathically tell you about him before he even noticed us."

"Alright so what's the real plan?" The woman asked.

"That was the real plan." The man said.

"What?! You told him the real plan?!" The girl yelled.

"Yes, that way it'll be easier to blame a shell for the murders. It helps us, trust me." He explained "We can't be seen talking anymore, it'll be too suspicious. Aquarius we leave the rest of the operation to you." He said.

"Understood" she responded before leaving through the window.

"Why didn't she just take the door? It would have been a lot less suspicious." The man said.

"She's always like that, she's just a weird girl, Leo." The young girl said.

"I see... well anyway we should leave before we get caught. Come on Virgo." Leo said quickly exiting the room.



"How long has this gone on!" Dan yelled at a doctor.

"One week. Do you have a mana leaf? If not there's a 90% chance she'll be dead in the next 18 hours."

"Fortunately yes, what's the chance that she'll live?"

"With the mana leaf there's a 38% chance that she'll die." The doctor said quickly running into the room where Dan's sister was. Dan exited the hospital, running into Ryan.

"So what's going on?" Ryan asked.

"She has a chance of dying, even with the mana leaf. This has been such a pain in the ass. I had to join the military, use more than half my yearly pay to keep her on life preserving medicine and then she ends up going into a relapse and nearly dying. If I didn't get that herb when I did she might have been dead in less than a day."

"Well you're going to be pissed but I've been sent to give you something." Ryan told him.

"Let me guess, they gave you an assignment to give to me because they know you're my friend, right? What a pain in the ass, couldn't they have waited a day?" Dan said with a scowl.

"Apparently not. You're going to Gan (which is pronounced Ghan, rhymes with Khan) to check up on our military base over there."

"Just a stupid inspection? Why the hell did they have to choose me anyway? After all you were born in Gan." Dan said in anger.

"That's true. I don't know the exact reasoning behind it though so don't get all pissed at me." Ryan said without a change in emotions or facial expression.

"Fine whatever, where's the launch point?" Dan asked.

"North of here, less than a mile."

"Joy, well I guess I'm off then. Could you do me a favor though? Could you look after my sister and contact me in a week after I land? The communications and the airships run on the same power source and might interfere, just tell me if she's alright." Dan said leaving, knowing that Ryan would do as he asked.

__________________________________________________________________

It may have been short but it was important, at least for later chapters. The next chapter will start the next arc. Be wary of the three or four different story lines, they will intersect in every arc following this. Also sorry I haven't been updating recently. Anyway I'm going to start doing it more often. Be sure to check back later for updates and check out my other stories too.
Sign up to rate and review this story