Categories > Movies > Pirates of the Caribbean

Temptation

by Darkseverus 1 review

Elizabeth compares Jack and Will. A draggle-length vignette analyzing the reasons behind the infamous kiss. Minor DMC spoilers.

Category: Pirates of the Caribbean - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Elizabeth, Jack, Will - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-04-17 - Updated: 2007-04-17 - 276 words - Complete

0Unrated


One man tasted of love, and the other of want.

She feared that although she was dependent on the first, she was slowly becoming addicted to the latter.

One half of her wanted what was safe, familiar, and reliable. The other, more adventurous half of her dreamed of intrigue, curiosity, and danger. She was beginning to think that she would never be able to choose between the two.

How ironic it was that each of the conflicting halves of her heart represented a different man - both pirates. How unexplainable it was that although in reality she had already chosen one, the other still visited her in her dreams. And how pathetic she was that the one choice that should have been so easy for her to make was one that she couldn't - or wouldn't - and the resulting indecisiveness was slowly but surely beginning to drive her mad.

But how, others asked her, can mere fleeting desire be compared to the warmth and the paradise that was true love?

Perhaps, she always replies, the answer to that question lies in more questions.

For how much worse than a life of stability is a life full of adventure?

And how can one hesitate when choosing between what is stagnant and what is alive and always changing?

And can one even begin to compare a life in captivity to a life of freedom?

They can never answer.

And she is beginning to realize that life - and love - is a path walked along a narrow knife's edge.

===============================================================

Disclaimer: Any and all characters from The Pirates of the Caribbean are the legal property of Walt Disney Pictures and its appropriate affiliates.
Sign up to rate and review this story