Categories > Original > Horror > Huntress of the night

one

by hel4sanders 0 reviews

Katie Ions life is strange as a supernatural detective and when her brother, a werewolf asks for her help she finds her life turned upside down.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy, Horror, Sci-fi - Published: 2007-04-17 - Updated: 2007-04-17 - 785 words

0Unrated
1987
The night was cool and breezy. She hanged out the window over looking the mother's famous rose garden. Katie Ions had been ordered to go to bed over an hour ago after she and her eighteen-year-old brother had yet another fight over who was meant to wash the dishes up. In the end neither did the washing up, both were sent to their rooms to go straight asleep and not make a single word. But that was an hour ago and Katie was now more wound up with her brother and not any more tried then she was when she stormed up the stairs. The night crickets could be heard from the light scatter of trees and the night owls responded to the bright full moon in their own way. On a night like this Katie would be sitting on the lush full green grass with a book in one hand and a glass of coke in the other or resting rather close to her. But instead she had settled with a glass of water from her bathroom and a week old magazine while hanging out of the window to capture as much of the summer evening as she could.
By nine o'clock Katie had read and re-read her magazine and was now just watching the frogs by the reflecting pond, they were having their own conversation with each other and causing Katie to yawn again. But she jumped when there was a hissing sound, Katie listen closely before something that felt like a wet pea hit the side of face. She wiped her face before turning her head to the left and saw the head and left shoulder of her brother who was grinning "snot nose, what you doing" he hissed causing Katie to scowl at him. Jason Ions was born three years before Katie and this made him think he was better then his younger sister and there fore more favoured over her with their parents. "I'm bored out of my skull, that's what I'm doing thanks to you" Katie snapped before the window below them opened and the TV from the living room could be heard in the night. Katie pulled back in side her room and was sure here brother did as well. After a few minutes the sounds of the TV and late news were closed off after there was a sharp sound as the window was slide into place. Katie waited another few minutes before there was a hissing sound. Katie lent back out the window and saw Jason hanging further out his window "look snot nose, I'm sorry for getting you sent to your room where your contemplating death, but I need you to do a favour for me" Jason said before he pulled back into his room then stuck his feet out the window "what" Katie called but then cringed when she noticed her parents might hear. There was no sound from downstairs so Katie sighed "what you want" Katie hissed while Jason grabbed the top part of his window framed and forced himself to sit on the window still, he reached behind him and grabbed a light jacket which had to be on top of the desk by his window. Many nights of sneaking into Jason's room to grab his scary magazines allowed Katie to remember the lay out of his room. Jason threw his jacket to ground "I'm going out to meet big T, cover for me if mom and dad say anything" ordered Jason before he gave Katie a look that was almost a pled. Katie thought and pulled a face, where her mouth pursed together "Katie" Jason hissed causing Katie to nod. "Ok, only if you get me a magazine" Katie purposed as Jason nodded "you got it sis, see you later on" Jason said with a lopsided grin, that suited his young boyish face. It didn't help her will power when she saw that he had wet back his eye length brown golden hair. He had declared that he would grow his hair as long as her own, which was down to her shoulders.
Jason then flipped on to his stomach and slowly edged himself off the window still then jumped to the ground right outside the kitchen. Katie watched with a large smile as Jason crouched below the window and reached forward, grabbing the jacket before waving to Katie.
Katie pulled back as her brother made a line straight for the trees and closed the window. Katie had, as always, forgiven her brother and was tried now, so she had nothing else to do but go to sleep and wait until morning when she would have a new magazine to read.
Sign up to rate and review this story