Categories > Original > Horror > Huntress of the night

2

by hel4sanders 0 reviews

Katie Ions life was strange as a supernatural detective but her life gets turned up side down even more when her werewolf brother asks for help.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy, Horror - Published: 2007-04-17 - Updated: 2007-04-17 - 1395 words

0Unrated
The fierce shaking, which awoke Katie, did not relent when she opened her eyes. Her cream lamp back washed the room by her bed. The hands gripping her shoulders where that of her mother, who was wearing her pink house coat, button to the neck, and curlers in her hair. Katie now stopped her mother and sat up while rubbing her eyes, she couldn't believe that it was seven already, but the fact that the sun was not shining nor showing any signs of coming up yet proved it was much more early then that "mom, what's going on" Katie mutter almost growled while her mother let go and held her self, and poked her hand up to rub her nose "it's your brother dear, there's been an accident" Karen Ions declared before rubbing her nose again. Katie frowned before pushing the covers away from her and getting up from the bed. Katie had gotten dressed after she ushered her mother out of the room, then made her way down the stairs to find her mother crying at the kitchen table still in her house coat and curlers. Jacob Ions was adjusting his brown tie that suited the brown suit he was wearing "Katherine, you're going to come with me, to the hospital. You're Uncle Roy and Aunt Jessie is coming around to sit with your mother" Jacob ordered as Katie nodded before she walked to the front hallway separating the kitchen and living room, and grabbed her light red zip jacket and slipped it on. She was now chewing her lip in fear for her brother. If her father asked her what her brother was doing out of the house after he had been grounded, she couldn't lie to her father, no matter how hard she tried. So she only hoped that her father was very worried about Jason to question her about her knowledge of Jason's escape.
Katie didn't have to wait a second before her father appeared behind her and grabbed his keys from the hooks on the wall "come on Katherine, you mother's going to be fine" Jacob said in a flat voice before he reached past Katie and unlocked the door "come on" Jacob ordered again before Katie opened the door and walked out and towards the garage on the left of the house. Katie slipped in to the passenger seat of her fathers blue pick up truck. Jacob climbed into the driving seat and started the truck up "dad, what happened to Jason" Katie asked as Jacob put the truck in drive then started to pull the truck on to the main path. Jacob was a strong man, he was big in the upper arms, due to his working on his own father's farm, and was big in the neck. And Katie always associated his strength with his inability to show much love for his children or wife, but Katie never felt as though he resented his family. So Katie wasn't surprise when her father didn't show any signs of worry for his only son being in a hospital "it seems your brother was attacked by a wild animal, a police officer will be meeting us at the hospital" Jacob said with a flicker of his dark brown eyes to Katie then back at the upcoming road "Katherine put your seat belt on, how many times have I told you about that" Jacob growled as Katie sighed as she buckled her self in and stared out the window.

Katie had discovered that the time was Three thirty when she was awoken, so by the time they made it to the hospital and parked the pick up truck, it was four fifteen and Katie was more awake then she ever felt. Her stomach was in knots and she was finding it very hard to breath, the last time she felt like this was when she was eight years old, and she had to pay her last respect to her dead grandmother. She had never seen a dead body before and it has sacred the hell out of her. So walking into a hospital where there was plenty of dead was not helping Katie's nerves or stomach. Her father walked tall next to Katie, they stopped at the nurse's station and Jacob stared with his steel like brown eyes at a round nurse sitting behind the desk with her oval black glasses perched on her nose, and her black hair worn tightly against her head "may I help you sir" the nurse asked in a gentle and soothing voice, while Jacob lent his large hands on the desk "my son was brought in tonight, Jason Ions. I was told it was an animal attack," declared Jacob while the nurse nodded and pointed down the corridor to where a slim and very pale uniformed officer stood. The young officer was standing very stiffly out side the room and looked as though one good gush of wind would blow him right over, and this worried Katie slightly. Jacob nodded sharply and strolled over to the officer with Katie in tow, her sneakers squeaking over the highly polished floor. The officers turned to Jacob and Katie and nodded "are you mister Ions" the officer asked as Jacob nodded before he folded his arms "um, could we talk for a few minutes" the officer asked as Jacob gave another sharp nod before he and the officer walked over to a small seating waiting area. Katie watched her father sit down before she turned and walked into the room.
Katie closed the door slowly and gently as to not make a noise. There was a beeping sound coming from the heart monitor, and heavy breathing coming from the still body lying in the bed directly opposite the door. Attached to Jason's bare chest was what seemed to be hundred of small disc stickers. Each with a wire leading out of the end, and they were all linked with the large machine next to the bed. Katie held her hands in front of her and slowly walked towards her brother; he was deathly pale and had small starches all over his face. There was a large bandage, under which there was a large wad of cotton wool, covering his right eye. A shudder slivered its way down Katie's spine when she saw the top of a large bandage, going around Jason's midriff. It was dotted with tiny specks of blood "Jason" Katie whispered as she stood next to her brother. He was breathing on his own, which Katie knew to be good, because she had watched films before where someone was in a horrible accident and needed something to help them breath. "Jason, wake up Jason please" Katie pleaded before she looked at her brothers limp hand, she slowly took it in her own hand and looked back at her brother's face "it's snot nose" Katie whispered with a small smile and tears welling in her eyes, but her brother made no signs of waking up. Katie squeezed his hand before staring at the heartbeat on the monitor "come on, I'm in your room, I know you hate that. So get mad at me, please. If you don't I'll tell mom and dad that you snuck to meet big T" Katie declared before the hand in her own squeezed slightly causing Katie to gasp. Katie let the hand slip from her grasp as she watched her brother slowly opening his one good eye "snot nose" he crocked out as Katie nodded while wiping tears away from the corners of her eyes quickly "don't snot nose" Jason ordered in a horse voice as Katie shook her head "what happened Jay, what did this to you" Katie asked in a whispered which caused Jason to stare at her with a wide eye "Katie, it got Tim. It was a werewolf, a god honest werewolf, it attacked me Katie" Jason declared before the door opened and Jacob and a doctor stalked in followed by the young officer who questioned Jacob "Katherine will you wait outside please" Jacob ordered while he stood with the doctor on the opposite side to Katie. Jason stared at his sister with his uncovered eye before Katie sighed and walked out; she glanced at her brother one last time before opening the door and stepping outside.
Sign up to rate and review this story