Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > Please Don't Leave Me

one sick cow

by twilightangel61090 0 reviews

Haru is found, but after being lost for four days and getting soaked in the rain, Haru is sick

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Hatsuharu, Kyo - Published: 2007-04-18 - Updated: 2007-04-18 - 1242 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I don't own fruits basket...dammit

A/N: yay I updated again! Aren't you so proud? Well let me know what you think!

Chapter Two

As they neared the house Kyo's arms began to feel tired. "SOMEONE COME OPEN THIS GODDAMN DOOR!" he yelled to no one in particular. A few moments later the door was thrown open by a very confused looking Yuki. Upon seeing the unconscious Haru being dragged toward him he quickly stepped out of the way and allowed the two to pass into the house.

Heading into the living room Kyo placed Haru on the sofa and quickly searched around for something warm to cover the now violently shivering ox. Yuki was still standing in the doorway dumbstruck. "Don't just stand there moron, call Hatori." With a slight nod Yuki left the room to do just that.

The cat jolted as he felt a hand loosely grip the front of his shirt. "Kyo...?" he heard the cow mumble. Haru's eyes were barely open as he fought to steady himself from the shivers that were wracking his body. What happened? He thought to himself. After voicing the question to Kyo the older teen took a moment to look at him as if he were stupid.

"Idiot, you got lost again." Haru almost didn't catch the warmness that edged its way into the neko's voice. Why is Kyo actually being nice? Maybe he's just tired from the weather. That has to be it; I shouldn't get my hopes up.

For months now Haru seemed to have lost his infatuation with Yuki. He couldn't explain it but his feelings had morphed somewhat into more of a brotherly feeling toward the rat. He no longer felt his stomach flutter in his presence and he no longer dreamed of them being together. These days whenever he saw Kyo, with his crimson eyes and perfectly tanned skin he felt his face flush and stomach knot up. He couldn't explain it but he wanted Kyo...badly. Not that he'd ever admit that to him though. He knew how he would react. What the fuck? You're sick, that's disgusting. Haru cringed at the thought.

A hand waved in front of his face. Blinking a few times he managed to get his eyes to focus. By now Hatori was present and leaning over him, concern etched in his features. "Hatsuharu how many times have I told you not to wander away without your cell phone?" Hatori had bought him a phone for emergencies, like when he gets lost, but he had forgotten to grab it on his way out the other day. Obviously he had kicked himself for being so stupid when he finally realized he was lost.

"Sorry Tori." Haru replied, his voice somehow weaker than it had sounded when he first woke up. Black started to edge its way into his vision as he was sent into a coughing fit. He could hear Hatori try to calm him down but soon he gave in and let himself be swept away once again.

Hatori straightened back up and looked at the others (Tohru and Shigure had now joined them). "He's out again, and before I can do anything about his cold I need someone to put him in dry clothes." He in turn glanced at all three of the males, of course Tohru wasn't expected to. Shigure eagerly volunteered, but before he could get the words all the way out of his mouth both Yuki and Kyo bonked him on the head which send him sprawling to the ground. "Pervert" they both called after him. That left only Kyo and Yuki, Yuki sighed, "Well since I doubt Kyo would give ten minutes of his life to do this I guess I'll have to."

That statement made Kyo's blood boil. He tried to convince himself that it was the insult the rat had spat at him. You just don't want him touching your cow. His mind argued with him. Wait what!?! My cow? Kyo was confused, and arguing with himself, that was never a good sign.

Before he could stop himself he grasped Yuki's arm to hold him back. "Never mind I'll do it. I'm the one who dragged his sorry ass in from the rain I might as well finish the job." Not waiting for a response he grabbed the dry clothes the dragon held and the proceeded to once again lift Haru over his shoulders then headed upstairs to his room.

After ten long minutes of struggling with the unconscious boy Kyo had finally managed to get him out of his drenched clothing and into the dry garments Hatori had brought for him. All the while Kyo had tried to suppress the deep blush that threatened to cover him from head to toe. He didn't have to worry about anyone seeing it but he didn't want it to happen because he didn't want to admit to himself that he could feel this way about Haru.

Kneeling next to the younger boy after moving him to his bed, Kyo gently brushed the boy's now damp hair from his face. The red haired teen couldn't help but notice how peaceful the cow looked, it was odd; he had never seen Haru this way before. It was somewhat unsettling, the boy usually masked any emotion with a look of boredom but now while he was sleeping his feelings were open for all to see making him seem somewhat vulnerable.

"...Kyo?" this made the neko look closely at the boy...he's still asleep. Is he dreaming about me? The cat asked himself. Telling himself he didn't want to know he exited the room in search of Hatori.

"Stupid cow." The horse spat at the boy with the two-toned hair. "To think someone could actually love you, you must be as stupid as they all say." This sent a pang of hurt through the ox. He wasn't stupid...he wasn't.

"I don't know why I went out with you. Maybe it was pity." She stared down at him with a malicious gleam in her eyes.

"No, Kyo...he loves me..." Haru's voice was barely a whisper, he realized that he was more trying to convince himself than her.

"How could anyone possibly love you?" she stated in a sadistic voice. "The stupid cow who was tricked by the rat. You'll never be good enough, so why bother trying?"

No, that's not true. It's not true.

Haru found himself bolting into a sitting position, which instantly after he regretted as a wave of dizziness washed over him. Kyo, who had been kneeling on the ground next to the bed with his head lying against his arms which were folded in front of him, sat up and looked at the cow. "Haru?" He asked, "What's wrong?"

When Haru didn't answer Kyo rubbed his eyes to fully wake himself before placing a hand on the boy's head. Good his fever is starting to go down. "Was it a bad dream?" He asked, after all he knew all to well the effects that dreams could have on you.

The younger teen stared at him for a moment before lowering his gaze and nodding ever so slightly. Then Kyo did something neither of them could have predicted, he pulled the younger boy into his warm embrace. "Shh, it's alright." The cat attempted to sooth the cow as he rocked him gently in his arms.
Sign up to rate and review this story