Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > Please Don't Leave Me

Stupid?

by twilightangel61090 0 reviews

Kyo finds out a lot about Haru

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Hatsuharu, Kyo - Published: 2007-04-18 - Updated: 2007-04-18 - 821 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I don't own fruits basket tear

A/N: ok so here is the next update and I decided that I'm not going to update again unless I get at least five good reviews cuz right now it doesn't really seem like anyone is reading this story at all...so enjoy!

Chapter Three

For the longest time they just sat on Kyo's bed rocking back and forth, the cat whispering soothingly in the cow's ear. I wonder what's got him so worked up. Kyo thought to himself. I've never seen him look so...afraid. "Haru?" reluctantly Haru detached himself from Kyo and gazed up into his crimson eyes to find them full of worry.

Kyo paused a moment before continuing, in that moment he soaked in the haunted look in Haru's eyes. "What's wrong with you Haru?" realizing how that sounded he caught himself and quickly added, "I mean I've just never seen you this way before."

For a moment the ox remained silent. He turned away from Kyo to sit on the edge of the bed with his feel on the floor. His hands gripped the side of the bed and his eyes burned with hear, anger and what looked like hurt. Before responding Haru plastered on his signature bored look and softly responded, "Nothing."

"BULL SHIT!" Kyo said jumping up. "First you get lost for four fucking days which is a new low even for you, then you have a nightmare which practically has you shitting your pants. You're not fine and you know it."

Haru felt the words sting. Kyo thinks I'm stupid just like everyone else. It felt as if he had been punched in the chest. 'which is a new low even for you', does he really think that. Haru felt disgusted with himself. If even Kyo thought he was really as useless as he had always been told then maybe, just maybe it was true.

Kyo noticed at once the effect his words had had on Haru, who know was unconsciously rocking back and forth on the edge of the bed as if any second he would go over. "Am I really that stupid?" Haru mumbled.

"You're not stupid...I just...I was just angry." Kyo responded, but Haru didn't hear him, he was lost in thought oblivious to the world around him.

"Maybe I am as stupid as everyone says...as Rin says, as Akito says..." Haru's knuckles were white with the force he was using to grip the sheets on the bed. It was as if he was trying to wring the life out of them...if they had life that is. "I'm just the moronic fucking cow who can't do anything right. I'm a waste of space, the world would be better off without me."

Kyo was horrified, is this what people really say to him? No wonder he's this messed up. Anger and regret burned deep within him, this has been going on for years and I didn't do anything about it. Kneeling in front of Haru Kyo grasped his shoulders until Haru's gaze focused and he was face to face with his living fantasy. Can I really feel this way about him? It's like I want to protect him from everything. Then Kyo came to a conclusion within himself, I do...I love Haru. At that realization Kyo knew he had to do something about this downward spiral the ox was in, he had to find someway to help him. "Haru look at me." Kyo pleaded as the ox's eyes began to glaze over again. "You are NOT worthless, and you are NOT stupid. I just said those things because I was upset that you got lost, and I was upset that you got sick." The cat wanted badly to tell him that it would be alright, and to tell him how much he cared for him, but he just couldn't seem to find the words. "so..." Kyo started, his normal frustration growing in his voice once more, "Don't you ever do that to me again, you got that?"

Haru was astonished, wondering if Kyo really just said that to him. Does he really care about me? It was so hard for him not to get his hopes up; he had promised himself not to because he didn't want to allow himself to be hurt once again. But when Kyo looked at him with such tenderness in his eyes, even if he tried to cover it up and act all tough, he could hear the concern seep into his voice. He wanted to thank Kyo for those words, but he knew the boy would just shrug it off and get mad, so he settled in the mean time for telling himself how he felt. I love you Kyo

(A/N ok so let me know what you think...who knows...since this is so short I might update again today.)
Sign up to rate and review this story