Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > And I'm Telling You I'm A Fake

Chapter 2

by killmyending 2 reviews

.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-04-19 - Updated: 2007-04-20 - 1936 words

0Unrated
I was laying sprawled out on my bed when I heard my phone ringing from under the covers somewhere. It was late and I was trying to sleep, but the sounds of the downtown street below weren't comforting me like usual, and they weren't lulling me into a sleeping state. So I rummaged around underneath the covers of my bed until I drew out my sidekick. I kissed it quickly on the screen, thanking who knows what for it not being crushed, and then I sat up in my bed so I could see the screen properly. I didn't recognize the number there, but really that wasn't uncommon.

I slid over my bed and put my feet on the carpet and stood up before finally answering the call.

"Hello?" I asked into the receiver.

"Hey Parker!" Came the reply from the other end of the phone line.

I slowly walked over to my window to feel the breeze from the outdoor air and I reveled in the soft touch of the carpet against my toes.

"Who is this?" I asked, leaning against the window sill.

"Oh, It's Brendon." He said quickly.

I smiled to myself, "Hey Brendon. What's up? It's late y'know?"

"Yeah, I know." He replied. "Nice shirt, by the way."

I looked quickly down at the top I was wearing. It was a loose Panic! At The Disco tee shirt that a friend had purchased for me. It was sizes too large for me but I still liked to wear it. Underneath that, all I had on was underwear because the shirt fell to mid-thigh and I didn't feel like putting shorts on.

"How do you know what shirt I'm wearing?" I asked suspiciously with my back still to the window.

"Turn around and look across the street." He laughed.

I turned around slowly and peered across the street. Brendon was out on a balcony directly across from my apartment, waving vigorously with a stupid grin plastered on his face. The building across from mine was a hotel, I knew that much. Funny the coincidence, him staying at that particular hotel.

I simply shrugged it off and put my phone down on the window sill.

"Do you make a habit of perving on people in their apartments?" I called across to him.

He closed his phone and slid it into a pocket. "No!" He called back then cheekily added, "Not usually."

"So why make a habit of it tonight?" I yelled back.

He shrugged and threw out his hands, palms up.

I laughed and rubbed a hand quickly through my messy hair. "What are we doing yelling across the street to each other? Come over here!"

"Be there in five." He called back and made a quick dramatic run for the door, pausing to flash me a grin before disappearing inside his hotel room.

I turned back around to survey my apartment and realized that it wasn't really in an acceptable state to have guests over and a freaking rock star nonetheless.

My décor was obscure; I had black walls and dark red carpet. There were so many novelty items and random pieces of clothing lying around that my apartment really did seem cluttered. I wasn't going to get a chance to clean anything up but I was going to have just enough time to put a pair of pants on. I picked up a pair of black skinny jeans from the edge of my bed and slid into them.

I heard a knock at the door and quickly tucked one side of my too-big tee shirt messily into the waistband of my jeans. I reached the door and gave myself a quick once-over in the hallway mirror. I hadn't bothered to take my eyeliner off so it was smudged but still heavily applied, and my hair was messy and a little more voluminous than usual but it'd have to do. I looked presentable.

I heard him knock again and, quickly I unlatched the deadbolt on my door and opened it. He was standing there, almost ready to knock again. He had tight grey skinny jeans on, that he'd looped a black belt through, and a plain black tee shirt. He had his cell phone and hotel key in one hand and in the other he held a single red rose.

Quickly he thrust the rose at me and grinned when I looked at him questioningly. "Stole it from the hotel restaurant on the way over here."

I laughed quietly at his honesty. My laughter faded away and we stood in silence for a moment before he began to lean in to kiss me. I turned my head slightly and took a step back.

"Too much, Brendon. Seriously. I'm not going to fuck you because you're Mr. Famous."

Brendon let out a low sigh and ran a hand through his short brown hair. "Sorry, sorry. I know. I shouldn't have done that. Man, I'm stupid."

"Why'd you do it then?" I asked raising my eyebrows. I was fidgeting idly with the petals of the rose in my hand.

"Ah, I don't know. I really don't." He stammered, still rubbing a hand through his hair which was causing it to stick up at odd angles. "I like you." He finally said.

I bit my lip to hide a smile, not because I liked him too and having him tell me that he liked me was good, but because he now had a tuft of hair sticking up and it looked funny. I was trying to resist the urge to reach out and smooth it down but finally my perfectionist-self won.

I put the rose down on the table beside my door and moved closer to him so I could reach up and smooth the bits of hair down. I could feel his soft breathing on my cheek as I did so. When I was happy with how his hair was sitting I put my hands down. We were now extremely close, our faces were almost touching. It was intrusive, maybe but I wasn't uncomfortable and the look in Brendon's eyes told me that he wasn't either.

"You messed your hair up." I whispered softly, staring into his eyes. He went to speak and my eyes flicked down to his lips, then I quickly glanced back up to his eyes. Our foreheads were now touching, somehow one of us, or both, had moved to fill the distance.

"Thanks." He finally stammered out quietly.

My eyes had flicked down to his lips again and now I was fixated. I couldn't look away, I couldn't figure out if I wanted to stare into his deep, dark brown orbs or stare at the fullness and curvature of his lips. I let out a soft breath that I'd been subconsciously holding and I looked back up into his eyes.

"Brendon.." I started; I wasn't sure what I was going to say.

"What?" He asked quietly.

My eyes flicked back down to his lips. I small smile ghosted across them.

"I, uh.." I couldn't get the words out.

"You want me to do this?" He breathed, before leaning in a bit more to kiss me softly on the lips. As soon as his lips met mine I lifted my hands so they could rest on the back of his neck and so I could pull him closer to me. His hands were on the small of my back and the kiss had deepened and became so intense that we had to pull apart to breathe.

"Brendon.." I murmured breathlessly as he continued to place kisses on my neck. "I don't know you."

He stopped and looked up at me. "I don't know you either." He said, breathing heavily, then he continued to place soft kisses on my lips. I didn't hesitate to kiss him back but I didn't think he was being serious.

Finally I pulled away. "Brendon, you really don't know me." I was still dizzy from our make out session. "And you're kissing me in the hallway of my apartment building."

He shrugged and grinned, but then his grin faded into seriousness. "But I like you."

"You want to fuck me." I shot back.

"I.. I.." He stammered, unsure of what to say.

"You do. Admit it." I said. I was used to guys wanting to get in my pants. So many had tried to do it before, maybe that's why I was always suspicious of men's motives. Maybe that's why I was scared to get into a relationship too. None of the guys I'd met ever really liked me for who I am. They just liked me for being a model, a not-so famous model, but a model all the same.

"I don't. I swear, Parker." He said, grasping my hands in his own. "That's not what I want. I came on a bit too strong and I'm sorry. I don't know better because that's how the girls I've been in relationships with were like."

Excuses, I thought. He's a flipping rock star for gosh's sake. He can have any girl he wants. If I resist he'll just move on, but I'm not that desperate for someone...

"It's okay, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to... to do that. It was too much. And you're right, we don't know each other." He said awkwardly. My mind finally realized, he's not a rock star. He's just a kid who became famous. He's my fucking age, and I just took him for the rock star label. "I'm sorry, Parker. Oh my god, I'm so stupid." He dropped my hands and just stared at me for a second.

He was going to turn and leave when I leant in and gently pressed my lips to his cheek. As I was moving away I whispered in his ear, "It's okay. Call me tomorrow." I'd just made the move, now I was just hoping I hadn't made the wrong one.

The shocked expression on his face quickly faded to happiness and he gave me a crooked, uncertain grin. "Oh-- okay. Night Parker."

"Night Brendon... And stop perving on the neighbours." I said, referring to him looking into my window earlier.

The lopsided grin was still plastered on his face as he made his way down the hallway, to the stairs, "I wasn't, only you."

I let out a soft laugh and waved him off as he stepped down the stairs. When he was gone I went back into my apartment and closed the door. The rose Brendon had given me was still on the hallway table. I picked it up and went into the kitchen to put it in a vase. Then I went back to my bedroom, took my jeans back off and walked over to my window. Maybe I was hoping that I would catch a glimpse of Brendon.

Infatuation, that's what this was. I was infatuated with Brendon Urie and I hardly really knew him. They say fool rush in. Maybe I was a fool right at this moment, maybe he was too. But I didn't feel foolish. Not at all.

-----

[A/N] Another chapter for you all. I woke up really early this morning and couldn't go back to sleep because I'm sick so I decided why not write some more on this? Now I'm running late, but I achieved a chapter to that makes everything alright, doesn't it? Haha.

Thanks for reviewing, I think I might continue this because sometimes I need to write some lighter, romantic fiction. Anyway, once again, R&R. I always, always appreciate it.
Sign up to rate and review this story