Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > And I'm Telling You I'm A Fake

Chapter 3

by killmyending 4 reviews

.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-04-21 - Updated: 2007-04-21 - 1349 words

0Unrated
As soon as I got back to my hotel room I got back into bed and tried my best to sleep. It wasn't easy though. My mind was racing almost as fast as my pulse had been earlier tonight.

Parker said it was okay. My actions were okay. What did okay mean? And she said to call her tomorrow. Now I knew I would be up half the night thinking about her.

I'm obsessed with Parker Lewis. No, that doesn't sound right. I'm infatuated with Parker Lewis. That sounded better. Way less... creepy.

Suddenly I shifted and I felt a body next to me and then the person let out a groan.

"Nnughh... Gerroffme." The person said groggily. They were barely awake and it sounded like Jon.

I jumped quickly off the edge of the bed and reached for the light switch as I fell onto the floor. I ended up turning the lamp on but knocked it to the floor in the process. It still illuminated enough of the room for me to be able to see that it was Jon in the bed. He was sitting upright now, shielding his eyes from the light of the lamp. He was squinting, trying to see who I was.

"Brendon, man, what the fuck are you doing here?" He said, still rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"Um.. Wrong room?" I offered meekly, shrugging as I pulled myself up off the floor.

Jon nodded suspiciously at me. "Wrong key too?" He asked with narrowed eyes.

I held up the plastic card in my hand and it had the numbers 305 printed on it, then I backed over to the door, opened it and peered at the numbers on the door; 306. "What the..." I said absentmindedly, looking from the numbers 305 on the key to the numbers 306 on the door. "They're not the same."

Jon got out of bed and came over to look at the door and key too. "Huh..Strange." He mused, rubbing his chin with one hand. He shrugged and put his hand on my chest, and then before I knew it he'd pushed me out of his hotel room and into the hallway.

"Go back to your room Brendon. Let me fucking get some sleep. It's like.." He paused to look back at the clock on his bedside table and then stuck his head back out of the door. "3:30 in the morning, what are you doing stalking around the hotel anyway?" He looked at me questioningly.

I went to explain and then he cut me off almost immediately. Trust Jon to always answer his own questions. "Hah, I know."

He pointed a finger right at me and I slapped it gently away. "Don't point."

"You were playing lover boy, weren't you? That Parker chick, that's why you've got your phone." He said with a grin on his face. He was pointing at me again and I couldn't be bothered to tell him to stop again. Jon does as Jon pleases.

I sighed sullenly. They were all going to tease me for as long as they could about this, since as soon as Ryan and I had got back Ryan had to go and spill it all. He obviously thought it was hilarious. Now they all did.

"Aww, little Bren's found himself a girlfriend." Jon crooned, pinching my cheek when Ryan told him.

Spencer just sat there laughing and trying his best to hide it behind his hand. At least he didn't say anything.

Ryan just stood there admiring his handiwork and grinning like a moron while Jon teased me Now they'd all begun calling me lover boy and it'd stuck.

It's not like I was the freaking baby of the group though, so when I got a girlfriend or even became interested in a girl it was stupid that they'd tease me all the time. It's not like I hadn't dated anyone before either.

Jon was still pointing at me and laughing. Chanting lover boy over and over again.

"I thought you wanted to go back to sleep?" I asked bitterly.

Jon shut his mouth and gave me a look before shutting the door in my face. I could hear him call out from behind the door. "Night lover boy."

I gritted my teeth and resisted the urge to punch his fucking door. The teasing was really getting to me and it'd been less then 24 hours since it started. They probably thought it was all in good fun but I hated it. I really, really did.

I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself before walking down the hallway a little until I came to my room. I quickly unlocked my door and then flicked the light on before throwing myself down onto my bed. At least I was in my own room now. I tilted my head to the left a little so I could see out of the sliding glass doors that lead to the balcony. I could see Parker's apartment from where I lay and the light was on. She was standing at the window with a mug in her hand, leaning on the window sill.

I sat up and smoothed down my hair before walking over to the sliding door and opening it. I took a deep breath and stepped out onto the balcony. I hoped by doing this I wasn't making myself look even more the fool then I probably already did. When she saw me the stood up a little straighter and smiled. I waved to her and she waved back.

"What are you still doing up?" I yelled across to her. I leant gingerly on the railing of the balcony with my arms slightly folded over each other and waited for her reply.

She took another sip from her mug and then yelled back, "Can't sleep, how about you?"

"Same here." I called back. I wondered if our yelling would wake anyone. Judging by the buzz on the streets below, I sort of doubted it.

"How come?" She asked casually, taking another sip from the mug and leaning her head slightly against the side of the window frame.

I paused for a moment. I couldn't sleep because she was preoccupying my mind. I didn't know if I should tell her that though. Finally I looked back up at her and said, "I can't stop thinking about you."

She smiled slightly but I could see she was trying to hide it because she was furiously biting her lip to try and stop it. "Oh really?" She asked, still trying to hide that smile that I wished she'd just let free.

"Really." I called back to her in my sincerest tone. I let out a short breath and rocked my arms forward on the railing while I waited for her to say something.

After about a minute she finally spoke. "Brendon, go back to bed and stop thinking."

I laughed. "Stop thinking?"

"Sure, can't be too hard, can it?" She grinned at me from her window.

I shrugged, "Oh.. I don't know." I sighed dramatically. "Might be hard when it's concerning you."

She smiled again and put the mug to her lips to try and disguise it, but I knew she was smiling because her cheeks were dimpling and even in the bad lighting of the city street lights and the distance between us, I could still see her smile.

"Go to sleep Brendon." She said, still smiling behind her mug. Then she turned and disappeared into her apartment.

I didn't think she'd come back to the window to talk but I stood there for awhile anyway. Breathing in the city air and reflecting. Parker was special. In ways she may be like so many other girls I'd met or dated before in my life but in so many other ways she was different, special. And I was glad for that.

--

[A/N] This chapter's a little shorter then the others but I hope you enjoy it regardless. Please continue to review and thank you very much to the people that have so far.
Sign up to rate and review this story