Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > And I'm Telling You I'm A Fake

Chapter 4

by killmyending 3 reviews

.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-04-28 - Updated: 2007-04-29 - 1448 words

1Original
I woke up to the sun filtering through the window of my apartment. It was bright and the clock on my cell phone was telling me that it was almost 9:00am. Amy-Lia had told me that she'd be over at 10:00am to run through some things with me. I had no idea what those 'some things' were but Amy-Lia had a big party coming up so she probably needed me to run over the plans for it before she did anything. Not that she ever seemed to take any advice I gave her anyway which lead me to think that I might just be wasting my time by helping her with her party plans later this morning.

I got out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. I turned on the shower and let the hot steam fill the room before peeling off my clothes and stepping into the shower cubicle. As the hot water hit my bare skin I began to think that I'd like to stay in this shower cubicle forever, in the warmth and comfort but I knew that I'd have to get out sooner or later. Later sounded good though.

When I'd decided that I had been running the water long enough, I turned off the taps and stepped out of the shower and onto the cold bathroom tiles, grabbing a fluffy blue towel from the rack beside the shower door as I did so. The steam of the shower had dispersed quicker then I anticipated and I shivered slightly in the chilliness of the bathroom air, I tried to wind the towel tighter around my still-wet body and found that it didn't make me feel any warmer. Suddenly I spied the black satin bathrobe that I'd hung on the back of the door and rushed to get it off the hook and around myself. The fabric felt warm against my wet skin and soothed the chilly feeling I'd been feeling almost immediately.

I stood myself in front of the mirror and began to apply my regular make up. First I expertly applied my fake lashes on top of my real ones and then I lined my eyes thickly in deep midnight black eyeliner and then coated my eyelids with black eye shadow. When I'd done that I grabbed an aqua blue eyeliner pencil and lined my inner eyelids and lower lids with it. Usually I'd just leave my eyes with just black eye makeup but today I decided to add something a bit different, maybe I was hoping I'd have someone to show it off to. Then I grabbed the concealer and coated my face in it. I finished that up with a coating of light powder over my cheeks to even out my makeup then I grabbed a stick of vibrant red lipstick and coated my lips in it.

I leaned forward to examine my reflection in the mirror until I was satisfied with how I looked today and I found myself fingering the little silver barbells that held my lower lip piercings open. I didn't feel like wearing them today so I quickly extracted them and swapped them for a pair of black rings. When I'd fixed them properly in place I stepped back and grabbed a brush to quickly run through my hair. I reached up and touched my multi-toned locks and found that I really should've washed them this morning. My hair was beginning to get oily, but not so much so that I felt the oil build up would drown me. I sighed quietly to myself and began fussing over my hair. I brushed it thoroughly and then sprayed it so that the sharp layers would differentiate from the lengths of my hair and stand up at slightly exaggerated angles.

Just as I placed the can of hairspray down on the counter I heard the doorbell ring. Quickly I ran to the door, tying the belt of my robe up tightly so I didn't risk any indecent exposure.

"Who is it?" I called through the door. Normally I would've used the peephole to see who was on the other side of the door but some kids had come running past a few nights ago and had stuck chewing gum over the glass of every peephole in my apartment building. I hadn't got around to cleaning the gum off yet and really didn't fancy doing it either.

"It's Brendon." I heard him call through the door.

Brendon? What was Brendon doing on my doorstep? He said he'd call me, not rock up in the morning. I was barely clothed and in a bit of a state there was no way I wanted to see him this morning, just yet anyway.

"Parker?" Brendon called, knocking sharply on the door again when I didn't answer.

"Yeah, hold on Brendon." I called back to him before smoothing down my robe and fixing the belt a little until I felt comfortable to open the door.

When I did open the door Brendon was standing there, leant against the doorframe casually. He was wearing a dark red hoodie over a charcoal grey shirt. He had a pair of black skinny jeans on and a plain black belt. On his feet he wore black and white checkered Vans and to top his whole outfit off, he was wearing his rectangular black rimmed glasses. I felt so underdressed, or just plain undressed, in my black satin robe and bath towel.

"Wow, uh. I didn't mean to catch you when you were.. uh.." He said gesturing at my attire half-heartedly, as if he was unsure if it was appropriate to point out the fact that I wasn't at all dressed.

"I just got out of the shower." I said seriously, ushering him into my apartment. I cocked an eyebrow when a suspiciously cheeky look passed over his face but when he caught sight of my own serious expression the look quickly faded and he was back to being unsure and embarrassed.

"Oh, right. Sorry, I didn't mean to.."

"Brendon shut up." I said playfully. I closed the door as soon as we were both in the apartment and then turned back to face him. "So Bren, I thought you were going to call.." I said lifting my hand up to my ear in the universal gesture for telephone. "Not give me a house call."

"Hey, hey" He said lifting his hands in a mock surrender. "If you want me to leave, I can."

I laughed, "Fuck no. Stay. I don't want you to leave at all, I'm just surprised to see you so early in the morning."

"Early? You're kidding right Parker? It's almost 10:00am." Brendon said staring at me incredulously.

My mind didn't immediately snap to the fact that it was almost 10, being almost the time the ever jealous Amy-Lia would arrive. "It's early for me, 'kay?" I grumbled, embracing him in a tight hug. I found myself burying my face in the softness of his hoodie and breathing in his cologne. I didn't want to move from his arms.

"Parker, we should do something today. Just me and you." Brendon said, absentmindedly stroking his fingers against the soft satin of my robe.

"Yeah, lets do that." I replied and I was about to say something about me having to get dressed when I heard a key turn in the lock to my front door and the door flew open.

Amy-Lia stood there with a key in one hand and a decorated day-glow orange folder in the other hand. Brendon and I pulled apart quickly but Amy-Lia noticed us in each others arms, her mouth was agape and she looked like she was about to choke on her own breath or lack thereof.

"Oh. My. God." She breathed each word with as many syllables as she could gather from them. "You..."

We were in shit. Amy-Lia was going into that freak out mode where she'd completely shut down for all of about 5 minutes then go into an amazing fit of rage or disbelief or just a tantrum fuelled by jealousy. It was never pretty. I think... Well maybe... We've just got a big mess on our hands.

---

Authors Note:- Sorry this took a little longer then it should have. School started again and I guess we all know what that means: Less time to focus on writing and updating my fics, unfortunately. I hope you enjoy this chapter though, I really wanted to get a new chapter up and I couldn't help myself with the little The Academy Is song title reference. ;]

Thank you to everyone who's being reviewing. I appreciate it so much.
Sign up to rate and review this story