Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > We're Both On Borderline Obsession

You Shook Me All Night Long

by meeniemoe 7 reviews

They're getting a little bit closer, and we're getting a little glimpse at their relationship. How long can they last before they break their little caricatures here?...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-04-19 - Updated: 2007-04-20 - 2113 words

2Original
A/N: Let's start out with dedications. I dedicate this particular chapter to everyone who's been egging me on so far (and in no specific order!): 1)Lifey 2)Ezel 3)Geets 4)KatieLove 5)trueLIEx3 please don't be put off if I didn't name everyone-- these are just the names off the top of my head that I do remember most reviewed. Recently, I admire too many stories out there that linger on the first and second pages (I distinctly remember reading Arisa's one-shots quite lately, they're awesome, please go check 'em out if you haven't already). I wrote this chapter as a bit of a fluff, and a break-through of a writer's block. So...please bear with me, and lean back in your chair ever so slightly to get into that nice comfortable position that you love. xo-- nat.



Chapter Nine:
You Shook Me All Night Long

After that night, Alice felt her life piecing itself back together again. Was it really true when people made the analogy that life was a jigsaw puzzle? She couldn't even figure it out; everything passed as quickly as it came, and her heart soared with joy day in and day out...so much that even poor Sarah, who had to tolerate all this joy and happiness radiating from Alice, plugged her ears and screamed one day, "God, make it stop!" (Of course, she was kidding...)

But Alice knew why she was so happy. She knew why she was so completely elated. Before, she would hate to 'admit' it was Brendon who made her happy, but not anymore. After that night where they laughed in the corridor near the restrooms, she felt even more close-knit to him than ever before. There wasn't an obstacle that she couldn't conquer with Brendon by her side. There was a small part of a tabloid they were in the week they had their small party at the Cupcake place. Apparently, someone leaked that they were 'snogging heavily in the corridor'. Luckily, though, Paris Hilton decided to become lesbian overnight, and the magazines were littered with the blonde bimbo's face plastered to Lindsay Lohan's on their front pages. Brendon and Alice made the second-to-last page in US WEEKLY.

Since the Cupcake Party Week (that's the name it's been dubbed now...), much has passed.

Brendon's face had just had his face powdered for his third acting scene that week, as he sat in his own personal trailer. But all too suddenly, Derek burst through the door of the trailer with a large amount of gusto. His voice was raised beyond all levels as he screeched: "BRENDON! ON SET! NOW!..." Brendon, who was innocently sitting in his mock-director chair with his makeup artist, Elise, touching him up, stood up immediately and ran to exit his trailer. No-one ever upset Derek when he was already in a mood like that. Brendon wasn't even around the guy 24/7 and discovered this off the bat.

As Derek walked out the trailer himself and through the trailer parking lot screaming profanities, Brendon crashed into a wave of jasmine-scented...

Alice.

"Oof!" Alice grunted, and fell to the bottom of Brendon's trailer with a loud bump. Brendon looked down fondly at his...what would he call her? Ex-girlfriend? Friend?...Crush?...Possible lover?

"Are you gonna keep staring at me all day, or are you gonna help me up?" Alice asked after an awkward pause between the two. "Oh, right," Brendon huffed, and pulled Alice up effortlessly. Alice jumped up quickly, and nearly was knocked down again when she heard Derek scream and Brendon shoot past her as fast as lightning.

"Derek's mad." Elise said, who was standing near the mock-director seat in Brendon's trailer. She was primping her light brown hair, seemingly highlighted, in the huge mirror in front of her. Alice rolled here eyes, and mumbled, "No shit, Sherlock," before she, too, ran after Brendon through the trailer parking lot.

"Wait up!" Alice puffed, as she tried to extend her legs out as far as possible to catch up to Brendon. Brendon yelled over his shoulder, "I can't! Derek's mad!"

"I /know/, but I'm the writer and I need to give you notes! Derek can fucking wait for one more moment if he-"

"He can't! He's outraged!" Brendon slowed down to a halt to let his friend catch up. Unfortunately, Alice overshot it, and ran straight ahead of Brendon, and, sadly, ran into the nearest garbage bin. Brendon couldn't surpress his laughter, and fell into a bout of giggles. Alice got up groggily, and murmured, "You are going to get it from me the next time you fool me like that again..."

"Hey, I didn't do anything. You were the one who wanted me to get notes from you-"

"Okay, bucko. Here's your notes." Alice dumped a good packet of notes into his arms. Brendon's mouth was agape. "You've...got...to be...kidding me..."

"No, I'm not." Alice said seriously, and kicked a banana peel off her Adidas shoe. Brendon lowered his eyes to her level. Alice looked up at him.

Silence.

"BRENDON, IF I HAVE TO GO OVER THERE AND GRAB YOU BY YOUR COLLAR-"

"I'm coming, I'm COMING." Brendon yelled at the voice of Derek, seemingly appearing in the middle of nowhere. "I've got to go, okay?" Brendon said helplessly to Alice. Alice rolled her eyes, as if to say, 'whatever'. But Brendon sighed, tilted her chin up with his finger, and kissed her softly on the nose. "You better let me into your trailer tonight so you can explain this...this...I don't know what," He waved around the packet of notes, and dashed off with the packet tucked under his armpit.

Alice heart was still racing a mile a minute, even after Brendon took off. She sighed, and slid down the rubbish bin to sit on the floor rather comfortably in the shade.

*

"I can't believe she told me that I had to be focused, though. It's so...crazy." Brendon tried to explain to Alice as she made her way throughout the tiny kitchen in her trailer. Brendon rubbed his temples in a very annoyed manner. "Can't you sit down and listen to me?" Brendon asked in an annoyed tone of voice. Alice looked up from her cup of tea that she retrieved from the kettle that sat on the stove.

"Now I can. Cuz I got my tea." She held up the tea, and picked up the teabag, but only managed to drop the entire teabag into her tea. "Oh, fuckit." She murmured angrily, and tried to fish it out with her fingers. "Ouch!" She yelped.

"Are you stupid? Of course it's hot," Brendon snapped, and took the mug away from her to fetch a spoon to fish the teabag out with that instead. Alice sat down in the seat that Brendon occupied before he went to get a spoon. When she came back, he shook his head. "That...is pretty damn tricky. That was so my seat, Ali."

"And? This is my trailer."

"...You can't choose where you wanna sit in my trailer now."

"Fine. That means I'm not going to explain any more notes to you," Alice sniggered slightly. Brendon's eyes popped out of his head. "I digress! I digress!" He pleaded, and got on his knees before Alice. Alice laughed hysterically, as Brendon hammed it up.

"Acting has really done something to you, Brendon Urie..." Alice trailed off as she took the mug from Brendon's hands and sipped at the Chamomile tea. Brendon grinned cheekily and sat down near Alice. "So about these notes..." Alice continued on, and went to pick up the packet of papers.

"Wait, wait, lemme finish what I was saying earlier, though. No, I swear, it won't take more than three minutes!"

"I'm timing you. Now." Alice deadpanned, and let Brendon ramble on about the girl he was supposed to be in 'love' with because the girl was playing Alice in the film. "I have no problem thinking she's hot, because she's hot alright, but...I can't. Find. A way. To...AH! Do you know what I mean? It's just so fucking FRUSTRATING." Brendon growled. Alice nodded sympathetically.
"Would it make it easier for you to concentrate if I went on the set with you? Give you direction or something?" Alice tried to assist his thoughts and fragile mind. Brendon lit up instantly. "Maybe I'll pitch that idea to Derek."

"But then again, Derek is the one who's your director..." Alice mumbled, and pulled her hair back into a lazy bun. Brendon nodded contemplatively.

"Whatever. I can still pitch the idea to him."

"Why would you want me there so much? On the set, I mean." Alice asked nervously. She was afraid he was going to say something that would make them both in a very awkward position...

"Because...Because I..." Brendon stammered, trying to think of an appropriate reason to give to Alice. He couldn't say the obvious. Now he had to act. Fucking actors.

"...Your instructions are clearer than Derek's." Brendon lied. Of course it's a fucking lie, why else would I want her there?...And what the fuck happened to my revenge plan? Where'd it go? Did Gay-neck the pigeon fly it out and away?

"Baby..." Alice said quietly at first, and shook her head. "You really shake me all night long."

Brendon really didn't know what to make out of that comment of hers, but after that, she started instructing him on how she wanted him to act during what scene and what line. They pored over the script for hours...until they really just gave up entirely.

"...I want you to look into her eyes intensely, Bren! I want you to make it look like you want to make love to her all night long..."

"I can't do that!" Brendon lashed out furiously.

"And why not? You're being hired as an actor here, honey, and the last time I checked, actors-"

"Act. I know, I know. But it's not fair!" Brendon said, acting a little childish for his age.

"Not fair? Why don't you tell me what's on your mind, okay? Because it seems like the reason why you are having trouble concentrating is because either...a) I'm here, or b)..."

"No! Having you here helps me think clearer." Brendon protested profusely.

"...Then you must act like you're on whack everywhere else." Alice smirked.

"Stop teasing me." Brendon said in a partially hurt voice. Alice was confused. Was he acting, or did he mean it now? God, it was nearly three am, and they were both supposed to be in bed.../Oh, hang on, that sounded wrong.../

"We should be in bed..." Alice murmured off-handedly after the short silence. "Yeah," Brendon agreed almost instantaneously. The two just sat there like a pair of vegetables. "Well, I'll be going then. Go to bed soon, hon." She patted Brendon's head before she scooped up her bag and sweater and walked out of the trailer. Brendon followed her though.

"I'll walk you back," He said as he felt the cool night air whip past his uncovered arms and neck. Alice shivered slightly next to him, as she hadn't put on her sweater yet. Brendon pushed his glasses up his nose a bit, so he could (kind of) see better. (Then again, it wasn't as if he could see very well in the first place due to the darkness of the parking lot...)

The two walked side by side in comfortable silence until they stopped at the front of Alice's trailer. "Well, g'nite." Brendon smiled softly. Alice nodded shortly, before stopping and saying, "You mean good morning?"

"That too," Brendon smiled even broader. Silence, once again. "I'll be going-" Alice began.

"Good night," Brendon murmured quickly, hugging her from behind promptly. The warmth enveloped Alice in such a way she hadn't felt for...years. It was the plain truth; she missed his wit, better kiss, hotter touch, and better...fuck? No, no, that can't be right...I only screwed around with him like that once...

"Good night, Brendon," Alice mumbled, and turned around. But she already saw Brendon walk into the distance, disappearing into the darkness.

Unfortunately, she didn't get to see Brendon wipe away the few tears that slid down his cheeks. How the hell was he ever going to get her back?


A/N: Again, if there's any criticism out there whatsoever, don't be afraid to pitch it at me...I'm always looking something to work on. :) Even if I did have writer's block...haha. Remember how I said this was a transition chapter? There's going to be drama, drama, drama soon...And boy, do we love drama. =3
Sign up to rate and review this story