Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When Vampires Attack

Underestimated

by xXBethypooXx 1 review

When Dawn's boyfriend is killed by a vampire, she decides to become a hunter of the evil beings. She travels from America to England and reaches the small village in which the other hunters live, b...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-04-15 - Updated: 2007-04-15 - 1191 words

0Unrated
The sun shone brightly down upon Dawn, and birds sang sweetly in the tall trees of the odd little forest she was venturing through. Badgers and foxes howled as they searched for mates to produce cuddly little baby cubs with; even the trees seemed to be making their own mating calls.
Dawn groaned and kicked one of the trees as hard as she could, only to dislodge a long dead acorn which bounced off of her head. Why must she of chosen NOW to find the stupid village, when the forest was constantly wet with dew, when animals wouldn't shut the hell up, when there were billions of tiny spiders floating around in the air pointlessly? Did she love her boyfriend so much that she would put up with dancing around like a jack-in-a-box trying to avoid the dumb arachnids?
She sighed miserably and cursed this British forest under her breath, but stopped walking when she finally reached the edge of the whole damn thing.
Down a slight hill, nestled in a large plain of the forest, was the small village of Leona. It wasn't anything special; small and crumbly houses, one measly shop and a village hall. This sure was a great place for the seemingly fantastic life of a vampire hunter, not.
Dawn puffed out her cheeks and wondered down the gravel path that seperated two slanted fields. The place wasn't THAT bad; it was quiet ... perhaps a little good looking. The few sheep and horses around the area gave the whole setting a rather countryish feel. Soon she reached a large, wooden gate that was the entrance to the village. Just as she pushed it open, a shrill voice rang out ahead of her.
"Why, hello me dear," said a short, ugly man, bouncing up to her gleefully. With one glance Dawn knew he was a nutcase. He was wearing overalls with nothing underneath, and most notably, a moth-eaten tophat.
"Erm, hello," she replied reluctantly, gazing around the tiny village to see where she should go.
"You lost summink?" The man asked. Before she could reply, he added: "Y'know, there's a group of people in th' village hall. A fine person like yerself wouldn't wanna miss out on it. Even a vampire is in the-"
"There's a vampire in this village?" Dawn shrieked, grabbing her rucksack off of her bag and delving into it. She pulled out a rather elaborate cross and held it up threateningly.
"Well yers, but he's one of the good guys. I saw him nail one of them werewolf beasties in about three seconds once," the man beamed, revealing a pair of half empty gums.
"No vampire is good," Dawn hissed, and she slunk down the path towards the village hall, passing run-down cottages hardly worth paying for.

Gerard paced the room in the village hall he and his friends used to hang out in. Something was bothering him but even he couldn't figure out what. Then again, something was ALWAYS bothering him.
"Dude, stop pacing. You've been at it twenty minutes now," called out one of his best friends, Ray. He had large brown hair and a rather hooked nose.
"Yeah," the others agreed, looking up from the two red sofas.
Gerard stopped pacing and sighed, annoyed. Ray, Bob, Mikey and Frank had always been there for him ever since he arrived at the village, which he was very grateful for since everyone else either wanted to kill him or tie him up and leave him in the basement of an abandoned house. Yet, it seemed they still didn't completely understand him yet.
"I just have a wierd feeling," he murmered, and looked around the stone room. Contained within it was a small TV, a log fireplace and a few sofas. This was the best they were getting in this stupid village. Ray followed his gaze and raised an eyebrow.
"Look dude, it's obvious you're still not used to our poverty. Well you're gonna have to get used to it since nobody's willing to bring any money in," he said, running large hand through his big hair. Gerard acknowledged this with a twitch of his head and sat down next to Frank, who seemed to be hyperventilating.
"Why oh why didn't I bring my Xbox!" he cried, raising his arms to the heavens. Everyone groaned in agreement, then fell into silence, completely and utterly bored.
"So, uh-" began Bob, but he was interrupted by a sudden movement near the door. A crazed looking woman suddenly leapt through it holding a celtic cross in her tight hand.
"Which one of you is the vampire?!" she shouted, throwing her bag on the floor and preparing to hit anyone who came near her. The boys stared at her, befuddled, then Gerard stood up slowly, his eyes not leaving hers.

Dawn nearly dropped the cross when she saw the vampire. She blinked several times when she saw how good-looking he was, and how his black hair fell into one of his eyes in a side fringe. He stood tall and his porcelain fine skin seemed to glow from the sun shining in through the window. Blinking again, she held up the cross and took a pathetic step forward.
Gerard remained stood, his hazel eyes still boring on her. "My name's Gerard," he said after an awkward few minutes, "pleased to meet you, Dawn."
"How do you know my name?" she gasped, nearly dropping the cross again. The vampire merely smiled, revealing his shiny white fangs.
"He did that to us when he first met us too, the creep," said Mikey while standing up. "I'm Mikey, and this terrible lot is consisting of Ray, Bob and Frank. Pleased to meet you as Gerard kindly gestured earlier."
"Nice to meet you all, too," Dawn said, pleased that she was already making friends, though slightly embarressed that her foolish attempt to overpower Gerard with her cross hadn't worked. The vampire silently walked up to her as if stepping on smoke. He took the cross from her hand and stared at it.
"These only work on evil vampires," he smiled again. "There are some good vampires in the world you know." He raised his eyes to meet her brown ones again, and she nearly collasped.
"Right, I - uh, I'll remember to check if they're not trying to rip out my throat," she replied, taking the cross off of him. Gerard laughed, though not mockingly. It seemed he actually understood that she wasn't going to give up her hatred for vampires.
"We're meeting up with Patrick later. He's going to explain our mission-" announced Mikey.
"Ohhh, 'mission'. La di da!" Ray interrupted. Mikey rolled his eyes and looked at Dawn.
"Patrick's the leader. He decides who we're going after and decides who's in the group. He'll probably want to welcome you to this fantastic village, whatever it's called."
Dawn nodded, raising an eyebrow. This was indeed the beginning of a rather bumpy ride.

Author's Note: In this story, Gerard and Mikey aren't brothers for reasons you will find out someday. XD. Thank you for reading my pathetic attempt of a firt chapter.
Sign up to rate and review this story