Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When Vampires Attack

Mirrors Lie

by xXBethypooXx 2 reviews

Patrick explains about the group's mission, and Dawn discovers that vampires aren't all she believed them to be.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-04-20 - Updated: 2007-04-20 - 1478 words

0Unrated
"Right, so what are we dieing for?" Dawn asked, throwing herself onto a sofa. The group was back in the 'chill-out room' after a break outside and the head hunter had joined them in the half empty room. Patrick was a rather tall man, with greying hair and twinkling eyes. He was the sort that walked around with his hands in his pockets, yet Dawn could tell he was clever and skilled at his job. He laughed heartily at her exageration.
"Don't be so negative, Dawn. Hopefully none of us will be dieing," he smiled, revealing shiny white teeth. Dawn gulped slightly, she had no idea that there really was a chance they could die.
"Stop scaring her Patrick, the part about Moe is the bit she's to be scared," Frank scolded mockingly. Patrick smiled at the cheery man, then sat on the edge of the sofa arm.
"It began a century ago. A man named Moe was born in this very county to a family that was exceedingly rich. His father was mayor of a small town, and was friendly with many people in parliament.
"On Moe's fifth birthday, everyone began noticing he was different. They tried to ignore his love of violence and horror movies, and were stunned by the length of his canines. Not yet were they proper vampire teeth, but they were fangs nonetheless."
"So Moe was born a vampire? How is that possible?" Dawn observed. Patrick shrugged.
"You tell me; it's impossible for a child to be born as a completely different species from the rest of the family. Anyway, as he grew up, it was clear he had a mental problem. Anyone who taunted him usually ended up in hospital."
"Meh, isn't that what all vampires are like?" Dawn dared to say, fully aware Gerard was in the room. Ray coughed loudly, and Dawn glanced over at the vampire quickly. His expression was unfazed and normal. In fact, it was probably slightly amused. Patrick ignored her statement.
"When Moe was fully mature, he developed his powers-"
"Whoa, whoa. Powers?" Dawn gasped. She had researched vampires for a long time, but she had never heard of vampires having 'powers' of any sort.
"Yes, powers. Vampires have more advanced brains then humans. So invanced in fact, they are able to move inanimate objects with their mind. Gerard, why don't you show her?"
Gerard jumped when he heard his name, and looked muddled.
"Erm, okay. I can't really do much yet..." he said, scratching his head. Dawn stared in awe as Gerard's eyes suddenly glowed an eerie red. A teacup on the table suddenly started wobbling, then it rose a few inches off of the saucer, surrounded by a wierd violet energy. Gerard growled for reasons unknown, and flinched as his mind lost contact with the cup. It fell onto the saucer and tipped onto its side.
"As you can see, Gerard's abilities are restricted at the moment. But, the more he trains, the more he will be able to do. Vampires who have mastered all their abilities can use telepathy and can transport from place to place." Said Patrick, clearly pleased with what Gerard had done. Dawn tried not to look amazed, then asked to hear more about Moe.
"Yes, anyway. Moe grew senile and evil. He knew what he was, and he soon found others like him. His followers were and corrupted and mad as he was.
"Murder and trauma were his specialities. He's bitten many people, and most of them joined his growing band of followers. All apart from Gerard. He got bitten by Moe when he was a teenager."
"You speak of Moe like he's dead," Ray noted. "He's still alive and still doing all the terrible stuff."
"So basically, he's the Voldemort of our little world?" Dawn muttered, shuffling her feet wonderingly.
"Indeed," Patrick sighed. "He's the one who must be killed. Only then can Gerard regain human form and all the others."
Everyone was silent for a few minutes as they all thought of the possibilties. Dawn however, was confused.
"Why would we want to turn vampires back to humans? They're all demons. Their blood is poisoned. Even if they were humans once, they would be pathetic excuses for our species." she said loudly. Ray coughed again, and Gerard suddenly stood up. His gaze lingered on Dawn for a moment, but then he looked away down at the wooden floor.
"I need some air." he murmered, and left the building without another word. Dawn tried to look smug, but for some reason, she felt a slight guilt in her gut. Appalled at her feelings, she shook her head slightly. Patrick sighed, then swirled his tea in his cup subconciously.
"You must understand, Dawn, that Gerard hates vampires as much as you do." He said, holding up a hand when Dawn showed signs of interrupting. "No. He may be a vampire, but he doesn't want to be. He doesn't say much about it; I personally feel he is disgusted by what he is. He never asked for what happened to him."
"What did happen to him?" Dawn asked suspiciously. The older man tapped the table, wonderingly.
"It's not my place to tell you. He may feel it will be necarssary to fill you in on his past in due time, but you will have to earn his trust and respect."
"Like I would want to do that," Dawn huffed, although, she was extremely curious. Maybe she could pretend to like Gerard and get it out of him? That would work ... Gerard may of had an advanced mind, but she was sure he wouldn't be able to read her true intentions.

Gerard stuck his hands in his pockets and strided down the road of Leona. He had tried to be patient with Dawn, but she had gone to far.
Or had she? He hated himself deep down inside; why was he taking insults from a newbie hunter? Maybe his recent magic had weakened him, or had he had enough of everyone insulting him? Brett, the local bully, was the worst of them all. When he wasn't beating Gerard up, he was planning new ways too.
"Oi, vampire. You shouldn't be walking around here alone," came a deep and gruff voice from behind him. Gerard turned slowly around to face Brett.
"Speak of the devil, I was just thinking about you," he smiled back, trying to intimidate Brett with his fangs. It worked, but not completely. The large skinhead just took a nercous step back.
"You still think you can scare me with your teeth." Brett observed, snarling.
"Well done, fatso, the world is enlightened. By the way, where's your posse? They're usually kissing your ass when I'm around aren't they?" Gerard growled back. Brett swelled in anger, which didn't exactly pay his pot-belly a compliment.
"Say that again," he threatened.
"Okay. Want me to spell it out for you, too?"
Brett blew out like a bull and charged at the vampire, knocking him off of his feet. The two scuffled on the gravel, hitting eachother and trying to bash eachothers' head on the floor. A large dust cloud floated lazily around them as Brett's fist suddenly made contact with Gerard's face. The bully howled in pain as his knuckles bruised, but it was also a howl of victory. He always won.
"See, vampire? Humans will make your kind extinct once and for all, you along with it," Brett laughed scornfully, standing up while shaking his bruised hand vigorously. Gerard sat up slowly, holding his eye.
"I've still beat you with something," he smiled. When Brett looked confused, he added, "look in a mirror, dumbass. That is if it already hasn't cracked," he laughed. Brett looked dumbfounded, and made no move when Gerard stood up and quickly slipped into the shadows.

An ugly bruise was welling up in Gerard's eye a few minutes later. He was in his house and staring in the mirror sadly. He didn't care about the bruise. He didn't mean what he said to Brett. Gerard's confidence had lowered so much ever since he had become a vampire that he no longer cared for his appearence.
He knew he had friends and that they cared about him, but he knew he would never have a romantic relationship with anyone. He really must of been repulsive if the only women who spoke to him did it to mock him in some way.
Despite his feelings, Gerard was far from repulsive. He was lean and muscular, and his longish, jet black hair seemed to shine blue in the light. His hazel eyes were deep and thoughtful, and his pale skin was like the light of a full moon. He obviously only saw imaginary bad traits.
Sighing, he pulled off his Iron Maiden hoodie and slipped into bed, enveloped in darkness.
Sign up to rate and review this story