Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Just To Get Back In Her Arms

Wedding Bells

by bellaxmuerte 6 reviews

Mikey's wedding.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way - Published: 2007-04-20 - Updated: 2007-04-21 - 1137 words

0Unrated
Just To Get Back In Her Arms
Chapter 4


"You look... good," Stef told herself as she looked into the mirror. She had been standing there for a good 15 minutes, making sure every part of her appearance was put together. She had changed her hair a few times and finally settled on loose curls falling upon her bare back.

Today was Mikey's wedding and Stef had on her pink strapless gown. The wedding was being held in a small reception hall near her hometown. She stood in her old bedroom and butterflies formed in her stomach. She couldn't wait too see Frankie and Ray again, nor could she wait to meet Alicia and Bob. But as excited as she was about all of this, the one thing that was truly on her mind was seeing Gerard.

"Knock, knock," her mom said as she peeked into the room. "Oh Stefanie, you look beautiful! We're leaving in about 20 minutes; will you be ready by then?"

"Yeah mom, I'll be ready." Stef walked out of her room and downstairs to her living room. "Hey there sunshine," her younger sister, Kara, said.

"I need a cigarette," Stef replied as she walked to the front door. Kara followed Stef outside to the porch and pulled a pack of cigarettes from her purse.

"Here you go. I can't remember the last time you smoked. You must really be stressed."

"Does anyone not really get what happened to my little 18 year old heart? I was crushed. Like, literally rip-my-heart-and-stomp-on-it-for-fun, crushed. And I have to face him today. My nerves? They're out of control," Stef sighed as she inhaled deeply from her cigarette.

****

When the Cardamone's arrived at the reception hall, Stef went into the room where Alicia and the other bridesmaids were.

"Donna?" Stefanie asked. Donna Way turned around to see a beautiful young woman and couldn't believe that this woman was the little girl from next door, whom she had once loved as her own daughter.

"Oh my goodness, Stefanie!" The two women embraced, considering they had not seen each other in almost the same amount of time that Stefanie had not seen Gerard. After a few minutes of talking, Donna introduced Stefanie to Alicia and the other bridesmaids and, before they knew it, the wedding was about to begin.

"Psst... Cardamone." Stef turned around to see Frankie. "Frankie!" she squealed.

"Hey Stefi! You look... wow. Yeah, you definitely grew up from the last time I saw you," Frank said with a wink.

"Ew, shut up. And who are you to talk about growing up? I'm older than you, remember?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

The wedding was mostly informal, so there had been no rehearsal dinners. But Stef did know that she was paired up with Frankie to walk down the aisle.

"Ready to let me escort you, Ms. Cardamone?" Frankie asked in a terrible British accent.

Stef giggled. She felt as if nothing had changed. "It would be my pleasure, Mr. Iero," she replied in an equally poor accent. As Stef and Frankie walked down the aisle, she saw Mikey standing there, fidgeting with his hands. "He looks so cute," she thought to herself. "And extremely nervous." Without really thinking, she glanced over to Mikey's right and saw Gerard standing there. Her stomach felt hollow and she immediately looked away, hoping he didn't see her.

During the entire reception, Stef avoided looking at Gerard at all costs, but she could feel him sneaking glances at her. And as much as she hated to admit it, he looked extremely handsome in his suit. His hair was still black, but it was shorter and more well kept than the last time she remembered.

Once the ceremony was over, everyone gathered in the other room for the reception. Stef knew she should probably grow up and just say something to Gerard, but she couldn't. And instead, she quickly darted away every time he was near her. Eventually, she stepped outside to get some fresh air. While she was outside, she found a small gazebo. She went inside of it to sit down, and she closed her eyes and began to hum to herself.

"You always had a beautiful voice. I don't know why you never did more with it." Stef stopped humming and opened her eyes. Gerard was standing in the opening of the gazebo, looking mysterious under the moonlight. Yet this was the best she had ever seen him.

"Hi," he said.

"Hi," she replied.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine."

"You've been ignoring me."

"I know."

"Ok, just so you know."

For a moment, nobody said anything.

"Can I sit next to you?" Gerard asked, breaking the silence.

"I was just about to leave actually, so yes." Stef began to stand up, but Gerard walked in front of her, grabbed her arm, and pulled her back onto the bench next to him.

"Sit," he said.

"Ok."

"What have you been up to?"

"I'm not really in the mood for small talk."

"Please Stef. Just talk to me. That's all I ask. Look, I'll start. Well let's see. For the past 6ish years, I've been-"

"I already know."

Gerard slightly laughed. "Heh, yeah... I guess my life's not much of a secret anymore. Could you at least tell me about yourself?"

"I write."

"So I've heard. What do you write?"

"Books."

"Mhm. Books. What kind of books?"

"Books that you wouldn't be interested in."

"Try me. What are your stories like?"

"You want to know what my stories are like?" Stef had tried so hard to be mature and to not get mad, but she couldn't be like that for very long. She turned to her side and looked him straight in the eye. "My stories are about this girl, you see. And she once had a best friend. And one night this best friend screwed her over- literally- and for the past 12 years he's all she can think about, right? But even when she thinks about him, it's almost never in a good way. So she never wants to see him again, ok, are you following me? But then she does. As a favor to this former friend's brother, she attends an event which will force her to be civil to him. But you know what, she's not really feeling all that civil anymore."

Gerard had a smirk on his face. "Are you done?" he asked.

She sighed and slumped back onto the bench. "Yes."

"Glad you got that out of you. Now what's the name of this book?"

"Fuck you."

Gerard just laughed as he lit up a cigarette and walked back into the reception.





*Sorry if this is boring. It's my first attempt to write more than just a one-shot story, so I'm trying my best! But let me know what you think. Thanks!
Sign up to rate and review this story