Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Just To Get Back In Her Arms

Knock Knock

by bellaxmuerte 2 reviews

Stef has a little visitor! Another flashback in this one. Just want you guys to get an idea of everything that happened.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Mikey Way - Published: 2007-04-20 - Updated: 2007-04-20 - 1093 words

0Unrated
Just To Get Back In Her Arms
Chapter 3


Stef stood up and walked to her front door. She looked through the peephole and didn't immediately recognize who was standing on the other side.

"Who is knocking on my door at... oh my God." She quickly scrambled to unlock her door and flung it open.

"Holy shit, I cannot believe you are standing in front of me at this very moment."

A smile grew across Mikey's face. "I could always leave," he said, pretending to turn away.

"NO!" She grabbed his arm and pulled him into her apartment. "Mikey! This is unreal!" she exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around him.

"Well hello to you, too, stranger."

"Look at you. Mikey it's been 6 years. What the hell happened to the time? And look at you. I can't believe it. Michael Way. You couldn't have come at a better time."

"Why? What's going on."

"Well this morning I- oh, it doesn't matter. What's important right now is why you are here."

"What, can't a guy come visit his childhood neighbor?"

"Mikey, after 6 years of virtually no contact, you don't just pop in to say hi for no reason."

"Ok, you got me. But first can I just say... I'm really sorry about us losing contact. I mean, you were mine and Gerard's best friend since forever and I let that slip away."

At the sound of Gerard's name, Stef put her head down. Mikey noticed this gesture and felt terrible for bringing it up. "Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to... I just forgot..."

"Don't worry about it Mikey. It's not a big deal. And I could have helped with our friendship, too. Just a mistake on both parts, that's all. But now that you're here, let's not have it happen again! Now let me repeat myself- Why are you here?"

"Because of this." Mikey reached into his back pocket and handed her a small envelope.

"Mikey, this is a wedding invitation. You're getting married?!"

Mikey had a smile plastered on his face. "Yep! In one month."
"Wow, congratulations! Who's Alicia?"

"My fiancee, stupid."

"I know, but I mean, how do you know her? Oh, I feel like I've missed out on so much. Ah, anyway, I'm really happy for you. My little Michael's all grown up."

"Yeah, yeah. Well anyway. I didn't just come to give you the good news. I want you to be there."

Stef's smile slowly faded. "Mike, you know I would love to, but I don't know if that's a good idea."

"You have to," he pleaded with her. "For 6 years I didn't have you in my life. But you were my first real friend, and I don't know what I would do if you weren't at my wedding. I know why you don't want to come, but please do it for me. Gerard has ruined way to much in the past- don't let him ruin this, too."

"Do you know how weird that would be, Mikey? God, it's been so long."

"He's changed, Stef. You and I both know that. I wish you could just find it in your heart to forgive him or something."

"Mikey, I thought plenty of times about forgiving him. A few years after it happened, I thought about forgiving him. When he called me a few years back, I saw his name come up... and again, I thought about forgiving him. But as soon as he opened his mouth, I knew he was drunk and on some sort of drug."

"What did he say to you? I know he had called you, but the next day he refused to talk about it. And I didn't think it was my place to say anything to you... I guess I should have called."

"No, don't think like that. It's ok. Just, speaking to him that one time really affected my idea of ever wanting to be his friend again." She proceeded to tell him the story.

October 2002

Stef had just settled into her new apartment and crashed onto her sofa, full of exhaustion. Right as she was about to take a sip of her drink, her cell phone rang. It was coming from the Way house. Thinking it was probably Mikey, she answered the phone.

"Hello?" she asked.

"Well hello there, pretty."

Stef's heart sank to her stomach. "G-Gerard?" she asked.

"You caught me."

"What do you want?"

"Aw, can't I call my best friend to tell her the good news about me and my band."

"Umm, Mikey already told me. Congratulations on the CD... I'm sure you guys will do great."

"Mikey beat me to the punch? Damn. Well I just wanted you to know I'm gonna be a motherfuckin' rock star, that's all."

"I thought fame didn't matter to you. You were never one to be in the spotlight."

"Don't be jealous Stefi. I'll still remember you and our special night together."

"Don't talk about that. You shouldn't have called me. You're drunk"

"Aww, but that's just the way you like me, right Stef? Drunk and all kinds of drugged up just so we can go into Sarah's bedroom and do the nasty." Gerard laughed a little after he said this. With that statement, Stef hung up the phone.

Present Day

Mikey sat their with a look of somewhat disbelief on his face. "He was sick then. I wish you knew him now. I know how much that probably hurt you, but I just wish you knew him now. He's a good person. He's hurt a lot of people in his life, myself included. But he's my big brother. And I love him. I'm proud of him."

Stef wiped the tears away from her face. "I'll come," she whispered.

Mikey looked up at her. "Really?"

"Yes."

"Good, because the rest of your family is going to be there, but my mom told them not to tell you cause I wanted to do it myself."

"Well I'm glad you did. Thanks for coming over, Mikey."

"You're welcome. I have to go now, but I'll be talking to you soon. Oh, and Stef?"

"Yeah?"

"You're gonna have to get fitted for a dress real soon- you're gonna be a bridesmaid."

"Mikey!"

"Bye!" he said as he shut the door behind him. Stef just laughed. "Mikey's getting married," she thought to herself. "And how on earth am I going to face Gerard?"






*Thanks for the reviews!! Right now I'm really busy with school ending soon, but I'm going to try and update as much as possible! :-)
Sign up to rate and review this story