Categories > Original > Romance > The Seduction Of Lady Anne

The Abduction of Lady Anne

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

With Lord Gavin's permission, Sir Richard abducts Lady Anne.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-04-20 - Updated: 2007-04-21 - 971 words

0Unrated
Richard returned to the castle at dusk, he met Lord Gavin as he was retiring to his rooms.
"Lord Gavin, I would speak with you." Richard called out, Lord Gavin turned and said, "than let us go sit by the fire."
"What is it you need?" Lord Gavin asked Richard when they were seated, Richard looked around to see if anyone was eavesdropping. "I must ask you a boon," he said. "I wish to take Lady Anne someplace private, where I can woo and win her."
Lord Gavin looked at Richard in shock, "what you ask could ruin my daughter. But since you are her betrothed, I will concede your boon. There is a modest cottage about two hours north of here, you can take my daughter there and no one will intrude."
As Richard stood, Gavin said, "be heedful of my daughter, she is gently bred. I know you do what you must, be remember that." Richard nodded his head and walked away.


Anne woke up with a hand over her mouth, before she could scream a bag was thrown over her and she was flung like a sack of potatoes over a hard male shoulder. She let out a muted screech as she felt herself being carried down the stairs, and placed over the back of a horse. Her abductor rode for what seemed like hours, than finally stopped. The bag was taken off Anne, and she glared angrily at Richard. "What are you doing?" She spat, "are you crazy kidnaping me like this?"
"It's not a abduction," Richard said casually, as he unsaddled the horse. "You father agreed to this, so that we could get to know each other." Anne shrieked in frustration, "I demand you take me back right now!" She raged, "no" Richard said simply, he grasped her arm and dragged her to the cottage.
Anne dug her heels into the ground, she smacked at Richard's arm attempting to get away. Finally Richard picked her up, dumping her over his shoulder and carried her into the house.
He dumped Anne in a chair, and they glared at each other for a moment. "You will stay here until I say otherwise," he said. Anne tossed her head defiantly, "I won't." Richard loomed over her, "you will stay here," he said with clenched teeth, "or I will tie you to the chair."
Than he turned, leaving Anne alone, shaking with anger.

Later Richard returned, with a stack of wood and began to build a fire. I went hunting, he said and showed some skinned rabbits. "You know how to cook?" Anne asked amazed, "of course," Richard replied. As he stuck the rabbits on a spit, "when your in battle you have to fend for yourself."
"Please take me home," Anne said biting her lip. Richard looked up and saw her large green eyes fill with tears. He stood up, wincing when she backed away from him. "Are you so afraid of me?" He asked softly, Anne looked away, "no" she said unconvincingly. "I would never hurt you," Richard said as he checked the meat.
After they had eaten, Anne whitened, as she realized that darkness had fallen. Soon it would be time to sleep. She was afraid of what Richard would do, she still didn't trust him. Richard came back into the cottage after checking on the horse, he stopped when he saw Anne standing there. "You can have the bed," he said. "I'm going to sleep in the stable, with Brutus." He started to walk out, than turned. "Don't try to leave the cottage without me," he said, "these woods are filled with wolves, the four and two legged kind." Than he left, leaving Anne alone in relief.

A week had passed since Richard had brought Anne to the cottage, he despaired of every softening her attitude toward him.
Than one cold rainy day she was stoking the fire, when a ember popped out, landing on her hand. She cried out in pain and Richard rushed over. Grabbing her hand, he did the only thing he could think of to bring her relief, he brought it up to his mouth. Kissing it gently, he raised his head, and saw her staring at him. Not knowing who moved first, they kissed, he pulled her closer, entwining his fingers in her hair. His lightly tasted her lips with his tongue,
Suddenly she broke off the kiss, and jumped up, running out into the rain. Richard ran after her, calling her name. "You don't understand." She said, as she faced him, tears mixing with the rain to run down her face. "No I don't" Richard said as he followed her out. They stood in the rain facing each other. Anne sniffed, "all my life, I've been told that I would marry you. No one ever gave me a choice." She looked away from him, "I only saw you a few times, you seemed so large. So frightening. It scared me that I had to become your wife."
Robert grasped her shoulders, "I will give you a choice." He kissed her gently, as they stood getting drenched by the rain. He stepped back, "you can go or you can stay." He said, "If you want out of this marriage, I'll take you back. But I want you to know, I love you, I have from the moment I saw you." Anne stared at him, "what?" She asked, not sure if she had heard him right. "I love you Lady Anne," he said, "I want to marry you, but not if it would make you unhappy. I would sooner die than do that." Anne flung herself into Richard's arms, "I love you too, it just took me time to realize." They embraced in the rain, warmed by the realization of their love.
Sign up to rate and review this story