Categories > Original > Romance > The Seduction Of Lady Anne

The Battle Lines Are Drawn

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

Lady Anne and Sir Richard begin the seductive battle

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2007-04-05 - Updated: 2007-04-06 - 503 words

0Unrated
Sir Richard stormed down the stairs and out of the castle. He stomped into the stable where he met his best friend, Sir Guy of Alraic. Sir Guy cocked his brow at the expression on Richard's face, "having some trouble my friend?" He asked as Richard began to saddle his horse. Richard turned and said angrily,"Lady Anne hates me," He began to pace back and forth."She told her father that she has no wish to marry me. She thinks that I'm pompous." Guy began to laugh,"so the great Sir Richard finally meets a woman who he can't charm, and his betrothed no less. Mayhap I should give you some advice on how to woo the maiden." Richard gave Guy a black look and mounted his horse. Before he rode out he said "the day I take advice about women from you, is the day I become a monk." Than he rode out of the stable, leaving Guy in tears with laughter. Richard galloped through the forest at a break neck speed, than seeing a beautiful pond he dismounted and let his horse drink. He sat by the edge and thought about his betrothed. Mayhap he was going about this the wrong way. He remembered his grandmother saying, "you catch more flies with honey." He must court his betrothed in the way benefitted for a woman of her station, he smiled to himself and stood up, walking to his horse. He would woo and win the fair maiden, and have her eating out of his hand like a tame deer. Still smiling he mounted and rode back to the castle.

Gertrude hurried quickly into the chamber and said to Lady Anne, "Sir Richard is back and he brings flowers for thee." Anne looked up in surprise, than looked towards the door as someone knocked. Gertrude opened the door, and Richard walked in with a huge bouquet of flowers. He presented them to Anne and said,"I fear that we have started off on the wrong foot my lady, and I wish to make amends." Anne looked at him in shock as she accepted the flowers, Richard said "I wondered if you would want to walk with me today." Anne handed the flowers to Gertrude and stood, "Sir Richard, if you think flowers are going to make me want to marry you." She snarled, "than you must take me for a buffoon." She pointed towards the door and hissed, "get out of my chamber now!" Richard looked at amazement at the door she closed soundly in his face. Than turned and walked down the stairs and out into the courtyard. "Sir Richard," he heard someone call from above and he looked up just in time to get the bouquet of flowers in his face."You forgot your flowers," Anne said sweetly, than disappeared from view. Richard stormed to the stables and saddled his horse again, galloping back into the forest in anger. The taunting laughter of his men ringing in his ears.
Sign up to rate and review this story