Categories > Cartoons > Teen Titans > Rise of the Shaman

Meeting Shaman

by DragonWing 0 reviews

After a battle with Plasmus, Beast Boy goes into the city feeling rejected by his fellow team mates and meets a homeless teen who has powers. The homeless teen, who he introduces himself as The Sha...

Category: Teen Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor - Characters: Beast Boy, Raven - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-04-20 - Updated: 2007-04-21 - 1176 words

1Original
He soon became transparent, started spinning in a circle and the muggers were caught in a cyclone. When they fell back to the ground, they looked at the kid scared (who was back to normal and had green skin and dark green hair). They grabbed their fallen comrades and took off. Beast Boy stared at the kid, asking himself "Who is he?"

Beast Boy watched as the teen turned around and faced him. The boy who appeared to be around the age of 15 gazed at Beast Boy with interest. His skin had been yellow, blue, and now it was green. And it was obvious that he had a bad case of acne, yet he had little interest in appearances. He wore a dusty brown robe with a purple trim, his clothes revealed underneath the robe were green and black. His eyes however remained milk chocolate brown and seemed to be filled with caution, darting back and forth while still keeping Beast Boy in his sight. "Uh, who are you?" His voice broke the silence with a rhythmic and hypnotic tone.

"Dude! I'm Beast Boy from the Teen Titans, maybe you heard of us." The kid raised one eyebrow and asked a question B.B. didn't expect.

"Should I have?"

Confusion filled Beast Boy. The Titans now were renowned world wide, yet this kid seemed completely...well, uh ignorautn, ignorasant...whatever Raven called him. "Dude, we are well known around the world! We have honorary members in dozens of countries! How could you not have heard of us?"

"I've been only concerned with survival. Not much time to look around. Yet I find it curious that I'm not the only one on the planet with our fascinating pigmentation of skin tone." He smiled as his eyes twinkled slightly. Yet Beast Boy was trying to figure out what he said. Pigman, piggymentotion, piggysandcastle? The other green teen in the alley sat on a garbage can and watched for a few minutes. "So my green acquaintence, what do I owe the ple...plea...pleaAAAACHOOO!" He sneezed loudly and his body burst into flames, melting the garbage can he was sitting on. He quickly turned back to normal, his skin now bright red and his hair maroon.

He quickly turned himself into water and doused the garbage can quickly stopping it from burning anything. He turned back to normal, breathing deeply. "I hate it when that happens." Beast Boy saw this and realized the kid didn't have full control of his powers. His skin was blue again, with his hair dark blue. His eyes still remained brown. "I'm so sorry! I can't completely control my abilities!" He exclaimed apparantly afraid he burned his new acquaintence.

"Dude, it's all right. I'm fine! I'm sure we can work out a system to help. What's your name." The kid paused, and looked at the ground, his eyes seemed to be moving back into his head as his forehead wrinkled.

"Call me Shaman. In several cultures, shaman was the wise man or woman of the village, knew the most about the physical realities of life, and the most about the elements. As I turn into the elements I think the name fits." He said after about 5 minutes of thinking. He suddenly looked at Beast Boy intently. "And what do you meant we can come up with a system! Everyone who ever tried to help me always deserted me or planned to use me for some scheme or another. What's the catch!" He demanded.

Beast Boy now grew determined to help him. He thought back to Terra, the girl who could control the earth itself. She had let herself be manipulated by Slade, taught her how to use her powers, and used her in a scheme to destroy the Titans and almost succeeded. Beast Boy felt responsible for her running off. He didn't have the courage to chase her and tell her the truth when Robin boldly announced she couldn't control her powers. He broke his promise at the fair, mere minutes after giving his promise to be her friend. And now fate had handed him something to redeem himself. He was going to help him even if it killed him. "There isn't a catch. I knew a girl who had powers but couldn't control them, she was found and taught by someone else to control her powers but was manipulated for evil purposes. I don't want to see it happen again, I want to help, if only to redome myself."

Shaman raised an eyebrow. "Don't you mean redeem?"

"That too!" Beast Boy exclaimed, staring at Shaman with intent.

Shaman stared at Beast Boy for a few seconds. "All right, I'll trust you. I turn into one of four elements. Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. When I am those elements, I have their weaknesses. When I'm fire I can be extinguished, when I'm water I can evaporate, when I'm air I can't exactly do anything but intimidation tactics and travel quickly, and when I'm earth I tend to be really slow and erosion can occur. My skin and hair changes with each element I turn into. Yellow for earth, blue for water, red for fire, and green for air. Also I can't turn from one element to another, I must return to normal before going onto something else."

Beast Boy nodded, and the two of them started planning their training sessions.
Robin and Cyborg were doing all they could to knock the other over the edge. A punch here, a swing from a sword there, a shot from a gun, and PLAYER 1 WINS! "BOOYAH! That's what I'm talking about Robin! Who's the champ? I am!" He started doing his victory dance as Starfire tried to console a fuming Robin. Raven was trying to meditate in the corner.

Robin glared at Cyborg a bit before looking around the room. "Where's Beast Boy so I can whip his butt!"

"He's not here, which is fine by me so I can meditate." Raven said softly. Cyborg nodded slightly. Starfire appeared worried and Robin pulled out his communicator.

"Robin to Beast Boy, Beast Boy come in." A few seconds pass. "Robin to Beast Boy, come in!" A few more seconds pass, with nothing but the sound of static, before a voice came through. "Beast Boy to Robin, sup?"

"Beast Boy, I want you to return to the tower so I can kick your sorry green butt on the gamestation." Raven sighed, there goes the quiet.

"Sorry Robin, but I'm busy. Play with Cy. Got to go." And the signal cut off. And with the cut signal put a question on Robin's, Raven's and Cyborg's mind. What is he busy with? Raven's emotions started coming through to her head.

"He's maybe finding a new hobby?"

"He's probably playing a prank?"

"He's probably flirting with girls again."

"Shut up, stupid emotions." Raven muttered to herself. They were shouting all at once. But as long as Beast Boy was gone she would make full use of the silence that came with it.
Sign up to rate and review this story