Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Ghost Girl.

Chapter 11: Never Too Late

by Popciclegirl 2 reviews

Lori has some devastating news... unfortunately, that's not the only bad news coming.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-04-26 - Updated: 2007-04-26 - 611 words

1Original
The next day, the band returned to the hospital to see how everything was going with Lori and the baby.

"Mr. Wentz, your fiancé has been moved to another room." One of the doctors said.

He smiled. "She's improving?"

The doctor frowned and sighed. "Actually, she's doing a lot worse than we expected. Thing's are happening rather fast... we have no reason for this either. We can't seem to find anything wrong with her."

Pete dropped his smile and nodded.

"She may act fine... but do to her progress, we don't think she's going to make it into next week."

Andy walked up to Pete and put his hand on Pete's shoulder. Pete stood still. "You ready?"

Pete looked at him and nodded. "Sure."

They followed the doctor down the hall and into the room Lori was in.

They saw Lori sitting in a chair with her hands folded over her lap.

"Lori! You got up!"

Lori shook her head. "No. I lost feeling in my legs last night. They put me here, well, I asked first."

Patrick looked confused. "You lost feeling?"

"They gave me an injection so it would happen."

"Why?"

"If I moved anywhere, tried to walk- I would be putting too much pressure on myself. That would damage me even more than I already am."

Pete scooped her into his arms. "Damn, you weigh much lighter than you used too before you came here."

Tears rolled down her face. "Be-because... I lost the baby." Her voice cracked between her sentence. She buried her face into Pete's shoulder.

He laid his cheek on the top of her head.

"Pete, you..." Joe's voice trailed off.

"I'm fine." He replied, knowing what Joe was trying to say.

Patrick sat in the chair next to Pete and Lori.

"Whatever happens to you guys... you can always count on us."

Andy and Joe nodded.

Lori looked at Patrick. "Thanks but... I won't need it..."

"Lori, don't say that. Screw what the doctors said. You're going to be fine! We're going to get married, have kids. You'll be alive... with me."

"I wish I could believe you." She whispered.

A female doctor walked in. "Well, Lori. Look's like you're popular with the men."

"No!" "I would never date my best friend's girl!" "I'm single!" Joe, Patrick and Andy said at the same time.

That made Lori giggle. "What they're trying to say is that they don't have interest in me. Friends only."

The doctor smiled. "Well, I'm sorry about the doctor changes that you've had. I'll be your permanent doctor for now." She looked at Pete. "I need Lori on the bed... and sorry but visiting hours are over for tonight."

Pete nodded and placed Lori on the bed. "I'll be back tomorrow." He said. He kissed her lips. "I love you."

Lori smiled. "I love you too." She let go of his hand and watched him leave.

*

"Pete, as long as you're up, we're up. Are you okay?" Andy asked.

"Yeah. I'm just worried... what the doctor said... I believe it. I don't want to but I do."

"I'm sure she's..." Andy was interrupted by the phone ringing.

Patrick picked up. "Hello?..... Yes, hold on..." He handed the phone to Pete. "It's the hospital."
"Hello?"

"Hello Mr. Wentz. Sorry of calling so late, did we wake you?"

"No, not at all."

"Well... sorry to inform you about this. Your fiancé, Lori Caylis, passed away tonight at 2:43 am."

Pete was silent.

"We're terribly sorry for your loss."

"Thank you... bye." He hung up the phone and looked at his band mates eager faces.

He swallowed hard. "Lori..." He sighed. "She's gone." He whispered.
Sign up to rate and review this story