Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > Author's Serendipity

Part One

by Silentstream 0 reviews

Alice Wright writes original stories for fictionpress.com, based around the lives of the X-Men, whose lives she learns about in dreams. Ordinary writer, or mutant precognitive? Read and find out....

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: PG - Genres: Sci-fi - Characters: Professor Xavier, Other - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2005-10-30 - Updated: 2005-10-30 - 459 words

1MarySue
Inky blackness filled the room, swirling around the light emanating the from the computer monitor. The sound of swift typing on an old keyboard was the only noise. Typing furiously, Alice Wright scanned the next page with weary eyes underlined with heavy black circles before returning her gaze to the computer screen. Behind her, the green numbers of her clock glowed softly: 11:00.
A light flicked on outside her bedroom door. Jerking up, Alice swiftly stuffed the pages out of sight, picking up her global history textbook from where it lay open on the floor. As the door swung open, she busied herself with her notes and another word document. The blank space glared up at her. To her tired eyes, it began to shift and swirl with light and dark colors, like the contrasting spirits of the characters in her stories: some mostly white, some mostly black, but all a mix.
"Alice, why are you still awake?" Mrs. Wright asked.
"Homework, mum," Alice smiled wearily. "I'm almost done. I just have to finish this one assignment before bed."
Her mother sighed. "Okay, honey. Just get to bed soon, okay?"
"I will," Alice promised, waiting until her mother had left, closing the door behind her, to resume her real work. Finally, she hit the send button, signed off Fictionpress.com, and printed off the document. While she waited for the printer to boot up, she flopped back on her bed with a happy sigh. The first chapter of her marvelous new story was completed. She couldn't wait to tell McKenzie about it.

"Mickey!" Alice ran to catch up with the girl walking in front of her. Mickey turned around. When she saw the papers Alice was holding, her face lit up.
"You've got it?"
"Yep! Just finished the last chapter last night."
Mickey's liquid-like black eyes took in the dark circles under Alice's eyes. "Sleep much?" she grinned. With the olive skin of her Asian parentage, she didn't often get the telltale dark circles under the eyes, even though she generally got less sleep than Alice.
"Nope."
"I still don't see where you get your ideas," Mickey said, taking the story and scanning the front page. "Where do they come from? It's not like anything you've ever written before."
"I told you. It comes from my dreams. I dreamt all these characters," Alice smiled wearily. "No new additions from last night, though. I must have been too tired when I went to bed."
"Probably. So, what are you planning next?"
"I'll tell you after you read that," Alice winced slightly as the bell rang. "Ack, time for homeroom. See you during lunch?"
"Definitely."
"Don't be afraid to scribble all over it. I'd love feedback."
"I will. See ya."
"See ya."
Sign up to rate and review this story