Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Welcome to the What If's

Lying in Wait

by ForNeverYours 0 reviews

Andy waits for Aubrey to cool down.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-04-27 - Updated: 2007-04-27 - 1410 words

0Unrated
Andy's POV

"What were you thinking, Andy!?" Pete's voice rang through the phone receiver as I called him up after I slapped Aubrey and permanently changed our relationship.
"I don't know." I sighed impatiently. "She said some things that just pissed me off."
"She could seriously report you for this." He said almost shouting.
"I know." I sighed and looked at my boots staring back as me. "What should I do?"
"Well, give her a day or two to cool off then go and try to apologize." He explained. "I don't know if she'll accept it or not."
"Yeah, well thanks Pete." I said turning to the window and looking to the house where I just physically hurt my girlfriend. "I'll talk to you later."
"Tell me how it goes." He said before hanging up and leaving me with the dial tone.
"What were you thinking, Hurley." I sighed looking to see Aubrey wiping her eyes and whip the blind shut and the room go dark.
Having nothing better to do I pulled off my jeans and slipped into the safe haven of my bed. The slight smell of her perfume still hung on my pillows and blankets from only a few days ago. I breathed a shuddered sigh and rolled away from the street light shadows that hung on my walls.
Slowly the grip of sleep edged into my thoughts and I was lulled into a deep dreadful sleep.
When I woke up the pale traces of dawn peeked through my windows. I looked at the clock on my bedside table and groaned, it was only 6:30. Climbing out of bed I looked to my window where I saw the lights in her room were on, in fact almost every in the house was lit and glowing.
I bit my lip and went downstairs for the first time in a while. My mom was sitting at the table in complete darkness staring at her cup of steaming coffee and the lacy placemat. I sat down in the seat in front of her and looked at her.
"I thought I taught you better." She sniffed standing up and making the table shake; causing the coffee to spill out onto the tabletop.
"What?" I looked at her curiously.
"Don't act like you don't know." She said coming around the table so fast it was like she didn't know. "While you were off in dreamland I got a phone call from Aubrey's mother."
I swallowed hard. She told her, I know she did. That or she heard us yelling.
"She told me you hit Aubrey." She sniffed and looked at me angrily. "She said you hit her and yelled at her and called her things I refuse to repeat."
I looked down at my shoes and bit my lip.
"I thought I always told you to never hit girls." She said starting to cry. "Your father would be so disappointed."
I winced at the statement and looked back up at her.
"She kissed Patrick." That was all I had to say. Her eyes widened and she wiped away the tears.
"That's still no reason to hit her." She turned away, signaling the end of the conversation. "I'm leaving with her mother on a woman's retreat; when I get back I expect you to have your act together."
I nodded as she turned and walked up the steps slowly. She never got this angry at me. Or she never mentioned dad in any conversation. This was bad.
I guess a few days away wouldn't hurt anybody. I sighed and flopped down on the couch in the living room; flicking on the TV the familiar sounds of early morning cartoons brought back memories of my childhood. Memories of a childhood I lost at a young age when my dad died. Never again to play catch in the park, never to work on the car on my sixteenth birthday, never to learn the secret behind girls.
I sighed again and closed my eyes, trying to get the image of my mother sobbing after they found my dad. The memories all ways crept up on me when I didn't want them in my mind, consuming all my thoughts.
The next thing I knew my mom was shaking me awake, telling me I fell asleep on the couch and that she was leaving on the retreat thing. I simply nodded and rolled back over.
"Goodbye Andrew, I'll be back in two weeks." She said calmly before kissing my cheek and walking out the door.
I smiled inwardly to myself and fell back asleep. When I woke up for the third time that day I glanced behind me at the clock on the wall, only 10:00. I could fit in some star gazing before trying to find something else to do.
Walking back up to my room I opened the window and looked out at Aubrey's house. The rooms were dark; obviously she went away for the weekend to get away from me. I just climbed onto the roof and leaned back to watch what stars I could. I tried to clear my mind of all things Aubrey and Patrick and ended up almost dosing off on my roof.
Sensing this I groggily got up and almost passed out on my bedroom floor, funny how sleeping all day doesn't make you at all energized.
When I finally came to I was on my bathroom floor, not know how or why I got there I stood up and felt my way back to my bedroom. The hazy light on the clock read 8:30. I looked out the window at the sun that hung just above the horizon.
I yawned and walked back down the stairs into the kitchen, grabbing a bowl and box of cereal from the counter and sink. I poured myself a generous amount and eat quietly at the table. A knock at the door and then the sound of the door opening and closing brought my attention to the doorway.
Pete stood holding a bag of junk food and video games. I smiled inwardly and got up. He dropped the things on the counter and turned back to me.
"Let's make this a bachelor's week." He announced turning back to the door and carting in his bulging duffle bag.
"Pete, aren't you supposed to be sleeping?" I questioned as I looked at the selection of video games and food to rot our insides.
"Nope." He answered simply before taking my bowl of cereal and eating the rest that I wasn't going to eat. "I couldn't sleep with my bestest buddy in a fight with his bombshell girlfriend."
I smiled and leaned back on the table as he dumped the bags and his duffle bag on the table and started riffling through it. He pulled out two tickets to the Metro and smirked.
"Please, Pete." I groaned. "Do we have to go to the Metro?"
"Oh, no." He laughed stuffing them back in his pocket. "These aren't for you; they're for me and Patrick."
"What does Patrick have to do with anything?" I asked carefully rubbing the bruise he left in my eye.
"That way he can stay away from Aubrey and you can go apologize when we leave." He sighed poking at a bag of chips that sat waiting to be devoured.
"Oh." I nodded and picked up a bag, opened it, and took out a handful. "Want to start a movie?"
"Sure." He nodded and we went straight forward into forget about the girl night.
At about three in the morning he was out and I was left sitting on the couch in the light of the TV playing some mind numbing 1980's sitcom. After a while I got up and walked to the crystal framed front door. Sitting down on my front stoop I put my head in my hands and blew the hair that hung in my face away.
Out on the street illuminated by the moon I saw Aubrey sitting on her stoop too. I could tell she saw me, but then she got up and went in when a little girl came to her side and tugged on her sleeve. I raised my eyebrow in question but brushed it off as I sat thinking about what I lost and what potential I still had in the time to come.

==+==+==
Not much of a chapter, I promise it will get better.

Really in Love,
Alex
Sign up to rate and review this story