Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Welcome to the What If's

What A Tanlged Web Love Weaves

by ForNeverYours 0 reviews

Aubrey breaks it off with Patrick and finds a friend in a certain eye linered bassist.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2007-04-28 - Updated: 2007-04-28 - 2118 words

0Unrated
Aubrey's POV

The sheets on the mattress tugged at my sweating legs and made it impossible to fall asleep. Just across the room Riley slept peacefully under a sea of covers on my bed. I hid my smile as I got up and carefully walked out into the hall without making a sound. Peeking my head in the guest room door I snickered as I saw Patrick lying in a heap of sweat and blankets; snoring lightly. I bit my lip as I crossed the room and leaned over him.
"Wake up." I cooed in his ear.
He slowly opened his eyes and instantly pulled my down on top of him. I laughed as he kissed my neck and snaked his arms around my waist.
"Morning sunshine." He laughed back letting me go and picking himself up among the twisted blankets and perfume scented pillows.
"How did you sleep?" I asked as we walked downstairs into the kitchen where I started pulling out pans, bowls, and spoons.
"Good, but I would've liked it better if you were with me." He smirked sitting down at the island.
"Sorry, just because we like each other in that way doesn't change the fact that I love Andy and need him more than anything." I sighed mixing together a few eggs to make French toast.
"But loving someone doesn't mean we can't have some fun." He smiled getting out some orange juice and pouring himself a glass after pouring me one and handing it to me.
"Yes, but I still feel like we're doing something morally wrong and complete terrible." I sighed as I put the first piece of soggy bread on the flat skillet.
"Don't use such big words." He mumbled pulling me away from the stove to plant a warm, sweet kiss on my lips. "Even though I love how your lips move."
Suddenly his touch felt bittersweet. I slowly pushed him away and sighed. He cocked his head at me and sighed.
"Patrick, this doesn't feel right." I bit my lip. "I don't know what to think anymore."
He nodded sadly and sat back down, when I finally made what French toast I could make and set it down in front of him.
"Don't look so sad, Tricky." I sighed as he slowly ate and looked like his dog just died. "You're still my friend.....with benefits."
"I know." He said quietly putting another forkful of the syrupy goodness on his tongue.
"Oh god, you think I'm a tart; don't you?" I gasped getting up and pacing.
"No, I don't." He said getting up and leading me back to the table. "I don't; I'm glad you don't want to do anything with me."
"You are?" I looked up from my freak out.
"Mhm, it shows that you really do love Andy." He smiled and kissed my forehead. "I just wish I had a girl like you."
"Someday you'll find her." I smiled as he pulled me into a tight hug.
Just then Riley toddled down the steps and pulled at my bed pants. She was crying and rubbing her eyes tiredly.
"Oh honey, what is it?" I cooed dropping to my knees and looking her up and down, my eyes settled on the wet mark on her nightie.
"I wet the bed." She sniffled; starting top cry harder.
"It's ok." I sighed picking her up and carrying her up the stops with Patrick on my tail. "It's just a couple of wet sheets."
I quickly gave her a bath while he put the sheets and the bed pad I ingeniously put under the sheets in the wash. Then he got out a new outfit for her and waited down in the living room for us. While I was at it, I got showered and dressed.
"Aubrey?" Riley asked while I stood in front of the mirror and washed my face.
"Yes Riley?" I mumbled as I scrubbed away the dirt.
"Is Patrick your boyfriend?" She asked quietly as she playfully kicked her legs back and forth.
"Where would you get an idea like that?" I smiled.
"Well, you two were talking about boyfriend and girlfriend stuff." She shrugged and pulled a stool up to the sink. "Are you?"
"No, we aren't." I sighed and wrung out the washcloth. "Come on, he's probably wondering where we are."
Just as I said that I heard someone shouting don in the living room. I jumped and looked down at Riley who was shaking.
"Stay here." I said pushing her back in the bathroom. "I'll be back in a little while; don't open the door unless you know it's me."
She nodded and I hugged her before shutting the door, and then raced down the steps to find Andy shouting obscenities at Patrick who was lying on the floor, covering his face that looked like it was bleeding pretty badly.
"What the hell are you doing in Aubrey's house?" He shouted, clenching his fists and getting ready to kick him in the ribs.
"Andy, what the hell are you doing in my house?!" I shouted pushing him away from Patrick.
"What?" He said wiping away the blood that hung on his lips from Patrick's attempt to fight him off.
"What are you doing in my house?" I said pulling him out into the kitchen. "I don't want you here, you hurt me and you hurt Patrick."
He looked down at his shoes and sighed.
"I'm sorry." He said biting his lips.
"You're sorry?" I scoffed. "Oh, now you're sorry?"
"I'm a wreck without you." He said holding his hands out.
I pulled my hands away and sighed impatiently. He just wanted to know I was ok with him again; and the truth was I wasn't.
"Get back together, then come and see me."
He looked shocked but turned angrily and left. Getting in a good kick before walking out the front door and slamming it behind him. I winced at the sound and went back into the living room. Patrick was still lying on the floor, shaking lightly.
"P-Patrick, are you ok?" I asked as I knelt beside him.
He looked up at me in a very scared animal sort of way. Finally he reached out and pulled me into a hug Shocked I hugged back loosely and then pushed him away to check the damage that was done. A long scratch ran the length of his cheek and a puffy red mark on his guaranteed a bruise in the morning. A bloody nose topped the whole look as it dripped down his chin and onto his shirt.
"Oh Patrick." I cooed helping him up and into the bathroom. "Riley, please come down!"
As I heard the door to the bathroom upstairs close and the sound of her feet on the carpeted stairs I set to work taking care of Patrick.
"Why do you let me hurt you like this?" I asked placing a warm washcloth on his cheek along the scratch.
He jumped at the sudden warm feeling and winced at the slight pain.
"You don't hurt me." He said as I started taking care of his bleeding nose.
"Come off it Patrick." I sighed placing the cloth under his nose and pressing down lightly. "You know if it weren't for me you and Andy would still be able to stay in the same room."
"Yeah, there is that." He pushed my hand away as I started pressing too hard. "But I love the fact a girl can make me forget about the pain."
"But Patrick-!" I started to protest, but he held his hand up to silence me.
"Aubrey, I do love you." I bit my lip as he finished his sentence. "But Andy loves you more, more than anyone could love anyone else."
"Patrick, why do you make me feel so bad about this?" I sighed leaning back against the sink with him.
"I don't, but your conscience does." He smirked handing me back the folded up washcloth and turned to the door. "I'd better go, you need to make up with Andy and I'm not doing any good hanging around."
"Patrick!" I called out just as he got to the front door. "Wait!"
He stopped and turned, then caught me in a hug like no other.
"Thank you for everything." I whispered kissing him lightly then a little deeper. "It's a shame these moments have to end."
"Whoever said these have to end?" He laughed and kissed me one last time before pushing me away and looking me up and down. "Call me when things settle down."
I nodded and watched him walk down the front steps and climb into his car. Then sighed as he took off down the road and left me with a big mess to deal with. Just then Riley ran up and hugged my legs.
"Bre, where did Patrick go?" She sniffed.
"He went back to his house." I smiled at her before picking her up and brushing her semi long hair out of her face.
"Is he coming back?" She rubbed her eyes and peered out the door.
"Maybe in a few days." I nodded and took her to the couch. "How about you watch some TV while I go make you some lunch?"
"Ok." She nodded and watched some TV until we both heard the all too familiar tune of the ice cream truck. "ICE CEAM!"
"Alright, we can go get some ice cream." I sighed grabbed her hand and running out the front door.
We ran to the edge of the sidewalk and got in line with the rest of the kids. When we finally reached the front of the line I shook my head in disbelief at who was serving ice cream.
"Pete, who gave you the keys to the ice cream truck?" I scoffed as I handed him a ten.
"I had to get a good summer job; this was the only thing I could find." He sighed as he wiped his grimy hand on his striped apron. "What do you want?"
"I'll have tin roof and...Riley what do you want?" I looked down at her, who was gripping my hand tightly and looking at Pete in fear.
"Chocolate." She answered flatly as she started at Pete.
"Since when do you have a kid?" He scoffed as he got the two cones filled.
"I never had a kid, this is my cousin." I said hoisting her up in my hip and smiling. "Riley, say hi to Pete."
"Hi Pete." She said taking her cone and looking at him curiously. "Do you live in the ice cream truck?"
We both laughed and I glance behind me, nobody else was in line so I settled her in the serving edge.
"So, I heard about the whole Andy thing." He said settling his elbows on the cool metal surface and staring at me with a cocky smile. "So he got the best of you?"
"Just because Patrick kissed me didn't mean he had to flip and hit me." I said flatly licking the dripping ice cream.
"Ahhh, then why did I just see Patrick coming from the direction of your house?"
"He stayed with me last night so your psycho friend would come and rape me." I said watching Riley lick the melt chocolate off her fingers.
"Andy wouldn't do something like that." He said staring at me cold.
"Well, would he hit a girl out of jealousy?" I shot back.
"I guess you're right there." He nodded and closed the ice cream bin. "This is my last stop so do you want to come with me and hand out for a while?"
"I don't know, what's in it for me and Riley?" I raised my eyebrows at him and smirked.
"The enjoyment of being with Peter Fucking Wentz." He laughed and took off his apron. "What do you think about that Riley?"
"You said a bad word!" She said pointing at him and laughing.
"He sure did." I nodded and looked at him again.
"So what'll it be?" He said opening the back for me and Riley. "A boring summer day watching Rugrats reruns or a fun filled day with me?"
"Is there any choice?" I laughed as he helped Riley up and then me.
"Not at all." He laughed and closed the door, then started the truck and took off down the road.
"Where are we going?" Riley asked looked up at me as I sat in the passenger seat with her in my lap.
"I honestly have no idea." I laughed and held her tighter as we went around a sharp turn and continued on down the road.
Sign up to rate and review this story