Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Welcome to the What If's

Together; Just Not Forever

by ForNeverYours 0 reviews

Andy and Aubrey make up, but is it all smooth sailing?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-05-07 - Updated: 2007-05-07 - 1105 words

0Unrated
Andy's POV

Sighing as I sat in my empty house I couldn't help but feel like Aubrey was sitting at home feeling the same way. I got up and dialed the number to Joe; he picked up and groggily choked out a form of hello.
"Hey." Was all I could say without glancing behind me out the window at her house. "What are you doing?"
"Sleeping." He sounded pretty tired on the other end. "Why?"
"I was bored and didn't feel like talking to anyone else."
"Oh, sorry I didn't fit into your 'let call them anytime I want' category." He sounded annoyed and hurt.
"It's not like that Joe." I sighed glancing out my window at Patrick getting in his car and driving away. "And you know it."
"Yeah, I do." He already sounded like he lightened up. "So you needed?"
"I just wanted to see if you were busy, Pete has that new job he's not telling anyone about and I don't even want to go near Patrick....so....?"
"You want to hang out then?" He sighed and sounded like he got out of bed.
"Do you really want to?" I bit my lip nervously; going stir-crazy in my own house wasn't the best way to spend to last summer of my youth.
"Well, I was gonna teak Lyn out tubing, but if you want to come over and have a nerd movie marathon I think she'll be game." He sniffed a little and it sounded like he was pulling on a shirt.
"Thanks." I said before hanging up and not even bothering to look in the mirror as I changed my clothes and took off for Lyn's house just across town.

~

"So are we starting with Star Wars or what?" Lyn said impatiently as me and Joe wrestled for dominance over the remote control.
"Hmm?" Joe head popped up out of my armpit and smiled a cheeky grin at her. "You know oyu love watching me and him roll around in the floor and wish you could join the fun."
"Oh yeah, I can feel my temperature rising as we speak." She fake fanning herself and rolled her eyes.
"Ok, ok." I groaned getting up after he elbowed my in the ribs. "Enough."
As I sat down on the edge of the couch Lyn glanced at me nervously and gave me a warm smile.
"Hey Andy, why aren't you with Aubrey?" She questioned scooting over for Joe to sit down almost in top of her.
"We sort of got in a fight." I bit my lip. "And I sort of hit her."
"You didn't?" She said slightly covering her mouth. "What did the 'little angel' do to make you want to hit her?"
"She kissed Patrick." I said grimly looking down at my hands and silently counting the days we spent apart.
"Ouch, burn." She winced and reached over Joe to pat my leg. "Trust me, if you two were meant to be together things will work themselves out."
I nodded and leaned back against the couch as the opening credits rolled. About halfway into the movie Joe and Lyn got into a face eating contest and almost smashed me in the process. Getting up I told them I was leaving and grabbed my coat on the way out the door.
It was already dark out as I got in my car and started driving home, but got a crazy idea and turned back to the city. Halfway there I noticed a girl about Aubrey's height and size on the side of the road hitchhiking home, holding hands with a little girl.
She held her hands up as I slowed my car down and looked at the clearly distressed girl standing there hugging the little girl. Her face was dirty and bleeding. It was Aubrey.
"Aubrey?" I almost shouted jumping out of the car as she explained the situation. "What the hell are you doing on the way to Chicago?"
"I-I....." She sniffed a little and hoisted up the little girl that looked almost identical to her.
"Come on." I sighed taking off my jacket and giving it to them to wrap around their shoulders. "I'm taking you home."
We rode in silence; she clutched the girl who was almost in tears. I drummed my fingers on the wheel as I glanced at her in my peripheral vision.
"Aubrey, why were you on the road?" I asked when I noticed the girl was asleep.
"We were gonna hang out with Pete, but we got separated and he left without us." She said quietly as she wiped her eyes.
"Why are you bleeding?"
"Someone threw a glass bottle out their window and it hit me." She said rubbing her face.
"Are you gonna be ok at you house alone?" I asked once we got back into familiar territory.
She shook her head and I watched the tears run down her face.
"Do you want me to stay with you tonight?" I pressed my luck.
She nodded and I pulled into her driveway. She got out and made her way up the front walk with me on her tail. Once inside she put the girl, who I found out was her cousin to bed and came downstairs after cleaning off her face and changing her dirty clothes. I sat on her couch staring off into space as she sat down beside me and sighed.
"Thanks." She choked out as she looked at her feet.
"No problem." I said quietly.
I knew we were either going to forgive and forget or rip each others throats out. I knew it was gonna happen, it had to. We couldn't just sit here for hours in her living room. Finally she looked up and smiled.
"Andy?"
"Aubrey?"
"I'm sorry."
"Me too."
We smiled at each other and she reached out for my hand. I smiled at her and kissed her cheek before getting up and smiling at her.
"It's late, we should go to bed."
"What a way to seduce someone." She rolled her eyes and followed me.
"Is it working?" I laughed.
"Maybe." She said wrapping her arms around my waist as we walked up the steps to the bedrooms. "Goodnight, Andy." She smiled once we got to the landing.
"Awww, nothing?"
"Not tonight." She laughed and closed the door lightly behind her. "Maybe tomorrow."
"Such a flirt." I rolled my eyes as I caught the door and smiled at her.
"And you love it." She smiled closing the door and turning out the light on the other side.

==+==+==

More to come, sorry it took so long.
Sign up to rate and review this story