Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Bones

10. Meeting the Band

by Cucumber 2 reviews

Wow. To be honest, I'm relieved! I do want to get married one day, but maybe Brendon won't be the person I can see myself growing old with.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-04-28 - Updated: 2007-04-28 - 902 words

0Unrated
I woke up entangled in the sheets, alone. Fantastic, alone again. I just don't think I'm made for relationships - they never seem to last for me. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I did not have a headache that is a completely new experience for me! I draped the sheets around me and made my way towards the bathroom. I'm not a prude, so to speak, but I find it uncomfortable to walk around naked in unfamiliar places.

Just as I was about to reach for the doorknob the door opened all by itself! In front of me stood Brendon, fully dressed. I swear my heart skipped a beat.

"Amanda, you're up!"

"Yeah, I thought you had gone!"

"And leave you all alone? No, the thought never even crossed my mind."

He kissed the top of my head.

"Are you busy today?"

"No, I don't think so, we don't go to Miami until tomorrow."

"It's such a shame that we only get to spend so little time together when we meet."

"Yeah, could you move please. I really, really have to pee!"

He chuckled.

"Of course, sorry."


Once I had showered and made myself presentable I left the bathroom. Brendon was sitting on the bed, talking on the phone. He looked up and smiled when he saw me. He ended the call and stood up to kiss me lightly on the lips.

"Do you want to spend the day with me?"

"Yeah, you could show me the city."

"And you could meet my friends."

"Okay, sounds good."

Meet his friends? Is that such a great idea Amanda, you hardly know the guy!

I grabbed my purse and followed him out of the room. While we were waiting for the elevator he reached for my hand and kissed on top of it. We held hands through the elevator ride and through the lobby.

"How are we traveling to wherever we're going?"

"By car. Mine's here somewhere."

"Don't tell me it's a rental."

"No, it's my own. And it's not pink."

I smiled, remembering the pink Yaris. We stopped in front of a black Audi. He opened the passenger door for me.

"Are you coming?"

"Did someone help you pick this one out?"

"No, you don't like it?"

"Like it? It's a very nice ride Brendon."

His face lit up and he smiled brightly. Once I was safely inside the vehicle he got in the driver's seat.

"Can I confess something?"

I looked at him, he was nervously chewing on his lower lip.

"Sure."

"You won't be mad, will you?"

"If you're going to tell me that you have a wife and a kid I might be, but I'm very easy going. Spill it."

"I kinda lied to you last night."

"Oh? Go on."

"Our parents do want us together, for some unknown reason, but they haven't mentioned marriage at all."

Wow. To be honest, I'm relieved! I do want to get married one day, but maybe Brendon won't be the person I can see myself growing old with.

"That's all?"

"You're not mad?"

"No, why should I be? We're way too young to be thinking about marriage."

He let out a sigh and smiled.

"Great. So, are you ready to meet the rest of my band?"

"Your band?"

We were parked outside a large house.

"Yeah, MY band. But don't tell them I said that."

He grinned before he stepped out of the car. I quickly followed him towards the house entrance. He knocked on the door before he barged in.

"Hey guys, I'm here!"

A tall skinny guy came running towards us.

"Geez Brendon! Where have you been?"

"Why, am I late?"

"No, but you haven't answered any of my calls."

"Well, I was busy. Ryan, meet Amanda."

Ryan shook my hand.

"Your priorities are all wrong Brendon."

"What d'ya mean?"

"You know what I mean."

Brendon looked at me, a quizzical expression on his face.

"Whatever, where are Spencer and Jon?"

"Where do you think?"

With that Ryan huffed and walked away from us.

"You'll have to excuse his behavior, he recently broke up with his long-term girlfriend."

I nodded and followed Brendon into the house. We walked into a room that seemed to be a mini-cinema. A huge TV was on the wall and chairs were lined in front of it. Two guys were sitting on the floor in front of the TV, game controls in their hands. I recognized one from the party where I met Brendon for the first time, but I had never seen the other one.

"What are you guys doing?"

"Nothing. What have you been up to?"

"Ah, just busy."

They both stood up and came over to us.

"You brought us a lady? How nice of you."

"Jon, Spencer, this is Amanda - "

"The girl you can't stop talking about?"

"Shut up! Amanda these are my idiotic friends, you should never believe a word they say."

"We do speak the truth sometimes; Brendon has yet to see the light."

I just nodded. For the first time in my life I had no idea what to say.

"Alright, so you play video games? We must have one here somewhere that a girl can play."

"Excuse me?"

"You are a girl right? Do you want to play video games?"

"She doesn't, we're going to get ourselves some breakfast."

"Fine. But no sex on the kitchen counters."
Sign up to rate and review this story