Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > A User's Guide to Pregnancy.

Two down...none to go.

by Meg2005 3 reviews

Jon and cooper tell her parents.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-04-29 - Updated: 2007-04-30 - 1729 words - Complete

1Original
'Hi Jonathan.' Mrs. Ervin said as she walked through the front door of the Walker house later that evening followed by her husband Eric.

'Hey.' Jon said giving her a quick hug as he waited for this nauseated wife to come downstairs.

'Where is Elizabeth?' she asked.

'Oh she's just upstairs changing her clothes.' Jon said looking up the stairs to see their bedroom door still closed.

'Oh.' Mrs. Ervin said with a smile.

Meanwhile upstairs, the smell of the onions had gotten to Cooper; she had her head in the toilet again. As she regained her composure the bedroom door opened and Mrs. Walker walked in, 'Hey sweetie, I just wanted to let you know your parents are here.' She smiled before realizing Cooper's head was in the toilet. 'Honey are you okay?'

'Yeah I'm fine, the onions Jon was cutting up got to me. I'm feeling much better.' She said standing up and reaching for her tooth brush.

'Was it the onions or that fact that you have to tell your mom that you're pregnant?' she asked.

'I don't know. I'm nervous.' Cooper said honestly.

'Sweetheart, you know, you and Jonathan are adults. Having a baby is your choice not your mother's. I think that you and Jon are going to be amazing parents.'

'I know but you remember how Jon and I use to think about kids, we never wanted any, we wanted to be that couple for the rest of our lives and here we are turning from that couple to the couple with a baby.'

'Well that just shows how much you love each other. You know Cooper, that's how love works. Once you find a man that you are suppose to spend the rest of your life with, all of your previous inhibitions about children and getting married all float away and your left with what you really want. I know that you and Jon want to have children together and if your parents can't come to terms with that, you don't need to have them around your baby and your relationship.'

'I hope you're right.' She said looking down at her toothbrush.

'Get cleaned up and then come downstairs.' Mrs. Walker smiled kissing the top of Cooper's head before walking out of the room leaving Cooper to herself.

'Pam!' Mrs. Ervin smiled as Mrs. Walker walked down the stairs.

'Hi Karen.' She smiled hugging her daughter-in-law's mother, 'How are you?'

'I'm doing well, how about you? You look great.'

'Thanks.' She smiled as Cooper walked down the stairs.

'Elizabeth honey.' Mrs. Ervin smiled as Cooper walked further into the room.

'Hi mom.' She smiled hugging her mom and looking at Jon who winked at her.

'Honey are you feeling okay? You look a little pale.'

'No mom, I'm fine.' She smiled.

'Okay if you're sure.' Mrs. Ervin smiled as Cooper hugged her father.

'Let's go get the grill started.' Mr. Walker said as everyone made their way out side.

'Did you throw those onions out?' cooper whispered.

'I couldn't, your mom loves onions.' He whispered back.

'JON!' Cooper stressed.

'I'll keep them away from you babe, don't worry about it.' Jon said as he walked behind her touching her hips as he walked over with their fathers to the grill.

'So what's new with you two Elizabeth?' Mrs. Ervin asked as they all sat down at the table while the boys grilled.

'Nothing really, with Jon off tour and at home, we really haven't been doing much. Jon's been a little bored lately but that's about it.'

'I see, well you look different honey, you're glowing.' She smiled.

'Thanks mom but I'm fine, really.'

'Okay.'

'Burgers are up.' Jon said as he set the plate on the table making sure the onions were no where near Cooper.

Jon sat down next to Cooper and began to put her burger together, 'Look at how sweet you are Jonathan putting Elizabeth's dinner together.'

'That's what husbands are for.' Jon smiled looking down at his wife.

'Honey can you pass the onions.' Mrs. Ervin asked as she sat on the other side of Cooper. Mr. Ervin passed them to Jon who bit his lips as he passed them across Cooper. Cooper smelled the onions and immediately got up and ran for the bathroom.

'Oh my goodness Elizabeth are you okay?' Mrs. Ervin asked as she stood up.

'She's fine.' Jon said getting up and following her into the house and into the downstairs bathroom.

'Baby I'm so sorry.' Jon said shutting the door.

'No it's not your fault.' Cooper said sitting on the floor.

'Baby.'

'This was a horrible idea.' Cooper said as she laid her head against Jon's chest.

'I need to go check on her.' Mrs. Ervin said getting up.

'Jon's got it, I'm sure she's okay.' Mrs. Walker said covering for her son and his wife.

'What is going on with them today? They are acting differently.' Mrs. Ervin said as her husband and Mr. Walker talked about the bear's season.

'I don't know.' Mrs. Walker said looking at her ice tea.

'Elizabeth sweetheart are you okay?'

'Mom, we have something to tell you.' Cooper said sitting down next to Jon and taking his hand.

'What's wrong sweetie?' she asked with a look of concern plastered on her fact as Mr. Ervin stopped what he was doing to listen in.

'Mom, there is nothing wrong, it's a good thing. Mom, Jon and I are pregnant.'

'What?'

'I'm eleven weeks along; our due date is May 4th.' She smiled.

'You're what?'

'I'm preg...'

'I heard you.' Mrs. Ervin interrupted.

'Mom, this is a good thing.'

'Was it planned?'

'Sorta...'Cooper said looking at Jon for some help.

'We decided we wanted to try for a baby but then found out Cooper was pregnant.' Jon said holding her hand.

'I see.' Mrs. Ervin said setting her glass down, 'Cooper may I have a word with you?'

'Mom, I'm not sixteen anymore.' Cooper said as Mrs. Ervin got up taking her arm and dragging her into the house.

'Well that went better then I expected.' Jon said resting his head in his hands.

'Jon, I wouldn't worry too much about this, Cooper is a strong woman.' Mr. Ervin said.

'She's been freaking out about this all day.' He said as he got up to walk into the house.

'What were you thinking?' Mrs. Ervin asked.

'I was thinking I'm twenty six years old and married to an amazing man who I want to have a family with.'

'Cooper Jon spends months out of the year gone. How are you two supposed to raise a child when he is gone so much and you have business trips all the time?'

'Mom, I don't have to go on those trips, we can do it. Jon and I are perfectly capable of raising a child together.'

'You two are barely capable of taking care of yourselves.'

'Oh is that so? Mom, look at what you're standing in. We have our own house, we have one in LA as well, we have our own cars, all of my school loans are paid off, we have enough money to do whatever we want, we take care of ourselves pretty well as far as I'm concerned.'

'Elizabeth, the world dos not revolve around money. That is not going to make your child happy; it's not going to make her feel loved.'

'I just don't understand why you can't be happy for us. We're having a baby mom, we're excited, and all we wanted was for you to be excited for us.'

'Cooper, I would be excited if I thought you two were capable of raising a child but you're just not, all you and Jon have on your mind is yourself and Jon, you two have too much to worry about in having a baby.'

'I can't believe I'm hearing this.' Jon said standing next to his wife.

'Jon, it has nothing to do with you, it's nothing personal.'

'It's everything personal, we're having a baby, it doesn't matter what you think or what you say, we're having a baby, you should be happy for us.'

'I'm sorry; I just don't feel that it is right?'

''Well mom when is it going to be right?'

'Elizabeth you and Jon use to talk about how you never wanted to have children how you wanted to be the couple that did what ever they wanted and didn't have something weighing them down.'

'Mom, that was a long time ago, that was before we got serious, before we got married.'

'Well I'm sorry, what makes you think that I want to stand by and watch my grandchild be neglected by its lazy parents.'

'Thanks for your support mom; it shows how much you really do care about me.' Cooper said before walking away and up the stairs to their bedroom.

'I'm sorry dinner was cut so short.' Jon said as he and his mom cleaned up while his dad washed the dishes.

'Honey it's not your fault. It's okay, Cooper's parents will come around sooner or later and everything will be okay.'

'I'm not sure if I want them around her anymore, or at least her mom. She's so negative; Cooper doesn't need people like that around her. I don't want her around people like that.' Jon pouted.

'Well look at that.' Mrs. Walker smiled while looking at her son, 'My little boy is all grown up. He is worrying about his wife and un born child.'

Jon looked up at his mom with a strange look, 'what?'

'Sweetheart, I'm proud of you.' She said pulling him into a hug, 'You've turned into an amazing man, I couldn't have asked for a better out come to your life, now don't worry about what Cooper's parents have to say, they aren't calling the shots now, it's you and Coop from now on.' She smiled, 'Your dad and I are going to go home, you go upstairs and mend Cooper, she needs you more then anything right now and in the next few months.'

'I know.'

'Go for it son, we're proud of you.' Mr. Walker said.

'Thanks dad.' Jon smiled as he started up the stairs while his parents left. He held a smile on his face as he made his way to his wife.
Sign up to rate and review this story