Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Alter Ego

Glimpse

by aqueous 2 reviews

What is in store for the 7 in their last year of school? Everything but the expected, travel and new members are in order. New challenges wait ahead in a not so familiar landscape. AA, JT and others.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-04-30 - Updated: 2007-05-01 - 1544 words

1Original
A/N:
Thank you SO much for the feedback I truly appreciate it! It inspires me to keep writing. I've been dreadfully sick lately so sorry for the update. But here are some notes about the chapters to come.

I've done quite a bit of research for this, because I feel it should be somewhat accurate. These places and length of time to get places are all real. I have researched a lot about Rome, and I feel it helps me to describe it better. I am also going to try and use some italian words and the actual italian names for places and things.

But do note there is still some things that are fiction. I hope you enjoy the next few chapters, thanks again!

- - - -

Chapter 4

The plane ride has gone far from smooth. The girl's about had enough with their male friends and their ways. Theresa and Atlanta decided european men would be the way to go. Theresa herself had a crush on Nathan a college student whom showed quite the interest in her.

- - - -

Their first task was already set, they were to find their own way to their hostel. A note was placed at the reception desk of the airport for them:

Dear friends,
Welcome to Rome's Fiumicino Airport!

Your first task will be to work together to find your home for the next two weeks. You shall find I have enclosed all the money possible to get you where you need to be. You will be staying at University of Rome La Sapienza. Feel free to mark down any sights to see, as there will be an assignment on the history of some of these places. Each night you shall complete an assignment outlining your day, and what you have learned. Here follows the outlines of places you MUST see and the full explanation of your assignment.

Your assignment may be completed in several different ways. Here are the ways you may record your journal:

Artwork
Writing
Video Diary
Pictures (with description)

Your piece will only have to be about a page. You may include more if needed. This right now is your only assignment, your first day of school starts in two days, so enjoy your free time while you have it. You will meet your new member tomorrow as well, he will guide you. Remember to behave, and try to relax.

-Hera

Groans were heard from Herry and Archie, they had hoped this trip meant free leisure time. Atlanta's eyes were wide at her experience to do something creative, she was excited beyond believe. Jay still confused about the whole situation, was emotionless. Theresa stood with a plain smile on her face, she was off in a different world, she had planned to meet her new friend Jeff later on when they were all settled in.

The group made their out of the airport after a the what seemed to last forever goose chase for their luggage. Absolutely winded they poured out the front doors into the heart of the city. Eyes grew wide as they looked in all directions at the beautiful city. This moment was interrupted by a loud honk of a car not far away. It was none other than Jeff in a truck large enough to hold all seven of them. Theresa waved frantically and picked up her bags and ran towards the vehicle.

"We cannot thank you ENOUGH!" she said nearly squealing as she threw her bags in the trunk and hopped in the front seat. The others reluctantly followed. Once they were free from traffic Jeff turned around with a small across his handsome face.

"I'll just drop you guys off at the train station and help you find where you are to go so you guys are settled," he turned back around and gazed at the road, Jay glared at the back of his head hoping he could feel his hatred towards him. "I know the exact school," he continued, "I actually went there two years ago, you will all love it there." Theresa soaked in every word he said, hanging on every last syllable. The others either ignored their banter or gazed longing at the landscape.

- - - -

The group stood on the platform 11 at the 'Roma Termini' waiting for their train to take them from the Fiumicino Airport to the university dorms where they would be staying. Jeff had left them with some advice, and left his number with Theresa if they shall need anymore information. The train's horn was heard and all turned their heads and sighed in relief, there journey to their new home would begin now.

"Jeff said it'll come to around 11 euros, for each of us." She said reaching into the stash of money Hermes had sent with them. The others did the same.

"I don't know if I'll ever get used to this currency," Herry said exasperated as he grabbed his bag, as well as some of the girls. "Odie, Neil, I think you're in my cabin." He motioned for them to check their tickets.

"Not only did I have to listen to you on the plane, but now the train ride too?" Archie scuffed, he enjoyed pushing Atlanta's buttons any time possible.

"Fine then Archie, maybe I won't open my mouth anymore," She crossed her arms over her chest and began walking onto the train, "Maybe then your heinous may enjoy his sleep." She drawled on sarcastically.

Theresa and Jay chuckled as they loaded their bags onto the train and walked down the small corridor to their cabin. Archie in the lead had taken a little more than he could carry and was slowly dropping some of his bags.

"Uh--Arch," Jay prodded, "Do you need some help?" Archie just grunted and kept trotting along. Suddenly a strap from one of his bags fell and Archie accidentally looped his foot within it and fell hard to the ground. Atlanta close behind fell on top of him.

Although she did nothing but growl, her face had the look of death upon it. Archie's face which was red for a second soon turned to hate as well.

"Would you get off of me, and watch where you're GOING!" he shrugged her off to get back on her own feet and he gathered his things, finally launching them into their cabin. Frustrated he plopped himself down nearest to the window and stretched out across the seat. Theresa and Jay sat across with casual conversation.

Atlanta still filled with fury finished placing her bags and didn't even give Archie the time of day. She shoved his legs off the bench much to his displeasure and sat angrily staring out into the corridor. Archie rolled his eyes as he placed his hands behind his head closing his eyes lightly, this minute long nap was interrupted by the startup of the train.

Getting bored within the first few minutes he reached into his bag and pulled out toothpaste and placed a dollop on his finger and began brushing his teeth. Feeling a little bit of guilt he prodded ?Atlanta who was now reading a book. She just glared at him.

"Fine with me if you want bad breath as your first impression." He shrugged. She grudgingly stuck her finger out and placed a dollop of toothpaste on hers. Their eyes finally mingled with each other for but a second. A small smile spread over his face as he placed the toothpaste back in his bag.

Although Atlanta and Archie weren't talking they agreed to go have lunch in the dining cart with the others. Jay and Theresa chose to stay behind, exhausted from the plane ride.

- - - -

"So Jay, it's a shame I didn't hear from you all summer, I had no idea you were so busy..." She looked down, now playing with the strap on her shoe thoughtfully.

"It's not that I wanted to..." he said calmly, as he watched her ginger red hair shine in the sunshine, he forgot how pretty she was. "I--I was working mostly, but I'm sure you had friends to spend time with, like that Jeff guy." He cursed himself inside for mentioning him.

"Jeff??" she laughed out loud, and held back an embarrassing snort. "I just met Jeff, he's just a nice guy willing to show us around, not quite a friend!" she looked up her eyes laughing in the light.

"What about you, I'm sure your summer was much more exciting?" He said changing the subject quickly breaking their glance to look at the scenery outside the window.

"Not quite..." he turned back to her listening to her words with concern, "It was kind of lonely, I always thought I'd feel at home when I'm there... but truth is this is where I truly feel at home." she sighed sitting back in her seat, and rested her head on his shoulder lightly. "I'm tired Jay..." she said muffled through a yawn.

"Me too," said quietly. His face turned red as her eyes closed and she began to drift off. She was not the only one who felt like they were home. He felt so comfortable and safe. Sadly this would only be a glimpse of time as there is much ahead of them.
Sign up to rate and review this story