Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > Learning to Trust Again

Chapter Eight: The Power of Love

by Zpan_Sven 0 reviews

Recovering from his wounds, it takes a boost from his father to complete his healing. Out of the hospital, Kafir comes across Usgi and her family under attack from a band of Youma and his identity ...

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Ami (Mercury), Haruka (Uranus), Makoto (Jupiter), Michiru (Neptune), Minako (Venus), Pluto, Rei (Mars), Saturn, Usagi (Moon) - Warnings: [?] [R] [V] - Published: 2005-11-05 - Updated: 2005-11-06 - 3312 words

1Moving
PART 8: THE POWER OF LOVE

Kafir was floating in the dark abyss of his sub-conscious, awash in the memories of his past life. He heaved a great sigh and turned to face a familiar presence. There in all his dark glory was Death. He was dressed in a hooded black, purple, and blue robe that swirled around his skeleton frame; in his bony hands he held an elegantly simple scythe. Wings of black, purple, and silver extended form his back. Kafir sighed once more.

"Must you?" the Shi-no-Senshi as he gestured to the skeleton appearance of Death.

"Gomen ne. Forgot about that..." Death said as he waved his scythe and his appearance became more Human looking. The 'Human' Death looked almost exactly like Kafir with the exceptions of his eye and hair colors: those were Hotaru's black-purple hair and violet eyes.

"Better?" Death asked, humor in his voice.

"Almost," Kafir replied as he opened his arms.

The two beings embraced one another in a powerful hug. Death wrapped his wings around the younger man and himself as they both cried crystal tears.

"I've missed you, Musuko-kun...(son)" Death whispered.

"And I have missed you, 'tou-kun..." Kafir cried into his father's shoulder.

"There's a couple young ladies that miss you greatly right now, Musuko-kun," Death said.

"I know; I keep trying to wake up, but I cannot, I feel too weak..." Kafir replied.

"I know of that; it's one reason I am here," Death told his son solemnly.

"I knew this was too good to be true," Kafir said wryly as he and his father parted.

"I must go talk to your ai (love) and see if she can use her crystal to help wake you up," Death said as he faded away.

Kafir sighed and began to meditate.


**********


Usagi wiped her tears and stared through her red-rimmed eyes at her ai. She shivered as the air seemed to grow colder; she then heard the sound of something hard tap against the ground. She turned her head and stifled a scream. Leaning against the hospital room door was the Grim Reaper himself. Usagi leapt to her feet and lowered into a defensive stance,

"I won't let you take him!!" She snarled.

A dry chuckle washed over her. She was startled when she realized it came from Death. Death then stopped chuckling and spoke, "I recognize that stance. My Musuko-kun has been teaching you hasn't he?"

"Your... Musuko-kun..." Usagi whispered.

Death waved his scythe and assumed his 'Human' form. His violet eyes sparkled in mirth as he gazed at the Tsuki-hime.

"Hai. In my 'mortal' life, I was the Dosei no ou-sama (King of Saturn) and Otousan (father) to two very wonderful children," Death said.

"Kafir and Hotaru..." Usagi breathed.

"Exactly."

"Is...is Kafir going to..." Usagi swallowed a sob.

"Iie. However, he has been having difficulty waking up. I thought a jolt from your Crystal might help." Death told her.

"How are you sure it will work?" Usagi asked.

"He is your opposite half to your Soul. You are Life while he is Death. You are Light while he is Darkness. You are Female while he is Male. You are Ying while he is Yang. You understand?"


= The whispers in the morning
Of lovers sleeping tight
Are rolling like thunder now
As I look in your eyes =



"I think so..." She whispered.

"Then it is past time to awake your Prince," with that said, Death waved his scythe and vanished into thin air.

"But how do I do that?" Usagi whined to the place Death once stood.

She gave a sigh and turned to face the unconscious Kafir. She licked her lips slightly before she walked back over to the Shi-no-Senshi's bedside. She reached out a shaky hand and gently traced his dry, velvety lips. Usagi then leaned over and kissed Kafir on those lips. Their respective Royal insignias glowed upon their brows and a brilliantly luminous silver and purple light engulfed them. She felt broad-tipped fingers brush tendrils of her hair back from her face and the lips under her respond. She broke off the kiss breathlessly.

"Ai shiteru, Usa-chan..." Kafir whispered.

"Ai shiteru, 'fir-chan..." she replied.


= I hold on to your body
And feel each move you make
Your voice is warm and tender
A love that I could not forsake =



**********
(The next day)


The doctors and nurses' jaws collectively hit the floor as a completely healed Kafir dressed in a fresh set of clothing consisting of a White dress shirt, black denims and black combat boots with a black leather jacket with a satchel of overnight clothes. He blinked and stared at the opened mouthed medical staff.

"Nande?! (What?!)" Kafir demanded crossly.

With that exclamation to shake them out of their collective shock, the doctors and nurses began to shout questions at one another and at Kafir. A small bead of sweat appeared on the back of Kafir's head.

"Silence!!" The normally quiet and clam Shi-no-Senshi bellowed, "A man cannot think with all this noise!"

Once more Kafir was on the receiving end of opened-mouth stares. He sighed and signed himself out of the hospital. As he walked towards the elevator, heaving the satchel over his shoulder, he glanced back at the hospital staff; they were still doing the open mouth stare. He sighed and pressed the elevator's call button before he smirked and said, "You people do know you look like a bunch of fish doing that, right?"

There was a collective thud as the medical staff face-vaulted. Kafir chuckled as the elevator doors opened for him. Medical personal were so strange...


**********

Kafir walked by the park when a scream came to his ears. He froze with shock; that was Usagi's scream! He swiftly ran into the park, following the scream. He came upon the sight of Usagi and her family being attacked by a small army of Youma. Kafir bellowed a battle cry and threw his satchel at the head of the Youma nearest the hime-sama. It went down like a sack of bricks.

"Kafir!" Usagi shouted, "Help!"


= 'Cause I am your lady
And you are my man
Whenever you reach for me
I'll do all that I can =



Kafir tossed aside his leather jacket and rushed at the Youma nearest him. He slammed his fist into its face and it staggered backwards, he slammed his foot into the center of its chest and it flew backwards into one of its brethren.

"Run, Usa-chan!!" Kafir shouted as he attacked another Youma.

"Iie, 'fir-chan!" Usagi screamed as another Youma leapt upon his back.

"Solar BURN!" A masculine voice shouted, a large ring of flame incinerated a Youma.

Kafir slammed his elbow into the ribs of the Youma on his back and grunted out, "Good to see you, Apollo..."

A young man around Kafir's age with black hair and gold highlights with a gold and black bandanna holding his bangs off of his feline face, golden-hazel eyes, around 6'1" in height and possessing a slim muscular build dressed in a gold dress shirt, black denim pants, a black combat boots ran up to Usagi and her family.

"I recommend all of you get out of here," The man, Apollo, recommended in a purring tenor, "Kafir and I can handle these Youma."

Kafir grunted his agreement as he threw the Youma that had been on his back into a tree.

"But what of the Sailor Senshi?" Shingo asked.

"They're a little busy with the Youma attacking downtown," Apollo said grimly as he punched an approaching Youma.

"How many?" Kafir yelled as he delivered a roundhouse kick to another Youma' head.

"When I left them? Around a platoon and a half..." Apollo replied as he ducked under a claw swipe from the Youma he hand punched.

A long stream of curses in ancient Saturnian was all that answered Apollo. Apollo raised an ebony brow at the creative wording as he gutted the Youma with a hidden dagger. As the Youma doubled over, trying to hold its entrails into its belly, he slashed the creature's throat open. He heard a series of bones breaking and he turned to see that Kafir had broken his opponent's wrist, elbow, and ripped the shoulder from its socket: on the same arm. Apollo raised both brows at that.

"Enjoying yourself?" Apollo asked wryly.

Kafir grunted as he slammed the back of his fist into the injured Youma's jaw. The Youma sprawled out on the ground and Kafir held out his hand. To the shock and amazement of Kenji, Ikuko, and Shingo, the air rippled and a wicked looking scimitar appeared in his outstretched hand. Kafir stared at the Youma before him and an almost cruel smirk crossed his face. The Youma screamed right before Kafir brought the scimitar down, decapitating the Youma. He then brought his now black-eyed gaze at the other Youma.

"Who wishes to be next?" Kafir asked with sneer.

One of the Youma roared and charged at the Shi-no-Senshi. Kafir flicked his wrist and the scimitar disappeared. He simply stood in a relaxed stance, waiting for the Youma. Apollo noticed the Tsukino family was still present. ~Oh, kuso...~ he thought.

"Leave. NOW!!" Apollo screamed at them.

The Youma had reached Kafir and it swiped at his pectorals with its claws, shredding fabric, skin, and muscle. Kafir caught its wrist after it slashed him, and twisted its arm to where it broke and its bone protruded from its flesh. He twisted harder and ripped the limb out of its shoulder socket. Kafir then casually tossed the limb aside and with lighting fast hands, he reached out and snapped the Youma's neck. The Royal Insignia of Saturn gleamed brilliantly on his brow as he smirked at the remaining Youma.

"Bring it," Kafir uttered.

The Youma seemed to hesitate, and then as if on an unseen command, all of the remaining Youma charged at Kafir. Once more the Shi-no-Senshi summoned his scimitar and once more waited for the charging Youma in a relaxed stance, his crimson blood staining the front of his shirt. As the Youma were a couple feet away from him, Kafir swiftly lunged forward and is seemed as if he had disappeared from in front of the group of Youma and suddenly reappeared behind the group. He smirked and the entire group of Youma, quite literally, fell to pieces. Kafir then turned to face the gaping Tsukino family.

"'fir-chan!! You're insane!" Usagi shouted as she flung herself into his arms.


= Lost is how I'm feeling lying in your arms
When the world outside's too
Much to take
That all ends when I'm with you =



He banished his scimitar from whence it came and caught the Tsuki-hime in a powerful hug. He smiled as he inhaled the scent of her shampoo and perfume. She smelled of honeysuckles and lilies.

"What...ARE you?" Kenji asked.

Kafir looked at the older man and replied solemnly, "I am the Senshi that loves your daughter. Ore wa Kafir, Shi-no-Senshi, Dosei no Ouji-sama. (I am Kafir, Solder of Death, Prince of Saturn.)"


= Even though there may be times
It seems I'm far away
Never wonder where I am
'Cause I am always by your side =



Kenji's jaw dropped. As did his wife and son's.

"You're a SENSHI?!" Shingo exclaimed.

"Hai." Kafir replied as he hugged Usagi closer.

Apollo cleared his throat and said, "The others are here."

They all looked at the large group of Senshi heading their way. Several of the Senshi seemed to be attempting to support themselves by leaning on the others. Muttered curses in long dead languages were heard every so often.

Kafir suddenly tensed and swiftly turned, placing Usagi behind him. From the shadows stepped a large humanoid lizard-like Youma with long claws and a large mouthful of sharp looking teeth. Kafir snarled softly as he summoned his scimitar. His dark blue eyes were emotionless as he stared at the Youma. It roared and charged at him. He lunged forward, bringing his scimitar up, ready to intercept the Youma when...the Youma fell to pieces. Kafir skidded to a stop and he heard murmurs from the other Senshi. There, standing there over the pieces of the Youma, in all his dark glory, was Death. Several thuds were heard as a few of the Senshi and all of Usagi's family fainted.

"'Tou-kun..." both Kafir and Hotaru groaned, a small bead of sweat appearing on the backs of their heads.

"Gomen ne, Kafir-kun, Taru-chan..." Death said sheepishly with an even larger bead of sweat appearing on the back of his cowl.



(A few of Years later)

Usagi looked over at the heavily pregnant Rei with teary eyes. The Mars-hime smiled back at her, her own violet eyes shimmering with unshed tears as she helped Minako adjust the Tsuki-hime's veil. A young toddler with ebony black hair and blue eyes walked around in an almost exact replica of her mother's gown. Minako smiled down at her daughter as she approached the green-haired, blue-eyed toddler dressed in a tiny tuxedo.

"Is Murphy in there with you?" Came Alantas's voice, muffled by the door.

"Hai, Alantas-san," Naru replied.

"Do you need him for the pillow and the rings?" Ami asked.

"Hai." Alantas answered, "That and I want to make sure my musuko-kun hasn't made a mess out of his tux..."

"Murphy is doing just fine, Alantas-kun," Usagi said.

"He better be. Or Sha-koi will whup both of our arses..." Alantas muttered.

Murphy giggled and chirped, "Arse!"

Alantas's deep chuckle was heard at his son's attempt at being naughty. He conceded to the brilliance of his wife for using substitute curses.

"I don't know about you, Usa-hime, but Saturn-kun is scared out his mind. What was left of it anyway. Thought I'd never see HIM scared of anything!" Alantas laughed.


= 'Cause I am your lady
And you are my man
Whenever you reach for me
I'll do all that I can =


"You're not helping any, 'Ta-koi," purred Shawn from behind Usagi, where she was busily adjusting her aqua-blue-green bow tie. She, like all of the Soldier Senshi, was wearing a tuxedo that was black with the vest and bow tie in their planetary colors.

"Gomen ne," came Alantas's prompt apology.

"She's got you whipped, Earth-kun." Came Hermes's teasing voice.

"Hai, very whipped," quipped Ryoken.

"You two are ones to talk." Came Eros's scolding voice.

"This coming from Mr. I'm-whipped-and-I-love-it!" laughed Ares.

"Ah, but whipped is good!" Eros purred, "Especially whipped cream, spread all over Rei-koi's delectable body so I can--"

"EROS!!"

"LOVE-BOY!!"

The other's snickered at the combined shouts of Rei and Ares. Rei's face was flushed and the girls could imagine Ares' own face nearly matching his crimson eyes in near apoplectic rage. They heard Eros yelp and Ares' battle cry. Two sets of running footsteps were heard retreating from the ladies dressing room.

"I always knew my brother liked to do things like that, but not you, Rei!" Teased Minako.

If possible, Rei blushed even brighter and shifted uncomfortably as she muttered, "Shut up, Minako, if you know what's good for you."

"Sure thing, Madam Cream." Minako said with a grin.

"There are children present, you two." Chided Ami.

Minako stopped and blushed as she glanced over at her young daughter, Venita, and Murphy, both of who were staring at her and Rei with curiosity. Shawn looked over at the Venus-hime and the Mars-hime and scowled playfully.

"Jeez, not only do I have to worry about Murphy picking up cursing, but lewd behavior as well!" Shawn said.

"Gomen ne, Shawn-san," Minako and Rei squeaked.

"You two are forgiven. This time." Shawn sighed in mock exaggeration.

"Minna-chan, the priest is giving us the sign to get ready. See ya'll in a few." Alantas said through the door.

"Alright," Shawn said and looked over at Murphy, "Listen to your Michi-basan (Aunt Michi), Murphy. I'll see you in a few minutes."

"Hai, 'Kaa-chan!" Murphy chirped and moved over to Michiru and Haruka.




Kafir gulped as he stood before the assembled friends and family of Usagi. He could stare down an army of ten-foot Youma, armed to the teeth, with out blinking or even breaking a sweat. But this, this was terrifying. He had no concerns about his friends and family. After all, he knew them. Of course the looks that those on the bride's side of the cathedral were giving those on the groom's side was not reassuring. So what if a great many of Kafir's guests were demons and the like. That did not mean that they had no emotions. Kafir's musings were halted when the pianist began to play.


= We're heading for something
Somewhere I've never been
Sometimes I am frightened
But I'm ready to learn
Of the power of love =



The maid of Honor, Naru, walked down the aisle, her hair adorned with white flowers and silver and Gold ribbons that matched her long flowing dress perfectly. Following her were Usagi's Senshi in planetary order, wearing identical dresses in their planetary colors (Hai, even Haruka's in a dress. It took begging on Usagi's part, death threats on Kafir's part as well as the threat of sleeping on the couch for a yea or so on Michiru's part to make Haruka agree). Naru and the Senshi lined up and watched as the flower girl, Venita, daughter of Ares and Minako, and the ring-bearer, Murphy, son of Shawn and Alantas, walked down the aisle. 'Ohs' and 'Ahs' echoed through the cathedral as Venita sprinkled the white and pale pink rose petals on the ground for the bride to walk on. The groups laughed as Murphy and Venita both spotted their parents and broke into running down the aisle, heading for where the Groom's Attendants (Zues, Ares, Eros, Ryoken, Hermes, Alantas, Shawn and Eclipse {Solace's elder advisor and older brother to Apollo}) stood, Murphy going to his Mother while Venita ran to her father. Ares scooped Venita up in his strong arms and whispered in her ear, obviously giving his baby girl a gentle scolding. Murphy wrapped his arms around his mother's legs and Shawn smiled as she patted his head. Mrs. Aino laughed as she took Venita from Ares and Mrs. Kaiou smiled and shook her head as she and Mrs. Aino led their grandchildren to sit with them. Apollo grinned and shook his head before he straightened up and nudged Kafir in the side with his elbow.


= The sound of your heart beating
Made it clear
Suddenly the feeling that I can't go on
Is light years away =



Kafir's breath lodged in his throat as the first chords of the Wedding March were struck and all that were assembled stood to pay homage to the bride. Escorted by Kenji, who looked like he was ready to cry (Ikuko already was), Usagi seemed to float down the aisle. She was dressed in a white and silver, long-sleeved, traditional wedding gown and from a diamond encrusted tiara descended a veil that appeared to be spun, transparent silver. From behind that veil, Usagi's sapphire blue eyes sparkled with unshed tears of joy. Kenji and Usagi stopped before the Priest who smiled at them kindly.


= 'Cause I am your lady
And you are my man
Whenever you reach for me
I'll do all that I can =



"Who gives this woman to this man?" The kindly Priest's voice seemed to boom in the large cathedral.

"Her mother, brothers, and I." Kenji said, his voice full of chocked emotions, pride and joy being the most powerful. He placed Usagi's delicately small and pale hands in Kafir's larger, darker, and heavily scarred hands. Kenji then bowed to them and went to sit beside his sobbing wife.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here on this joyous day..."


= We're heading for something
Somewhere I've never been
Sometimes I am frightened
But I'm ready to learn
Of the power of love =
Sign up to rate and review this story