Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Pirates of the Chemical Romance

Chapter 3

by horsie890 1 review

Chapter 3

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-05-02 - Updated: 2007-05-03 - 1044 words

0Unrated
He awoke while the moon still rested high in the sky. He felt a dull pain throbbing in the back of his head, and it eventually caused him to open his eyes. Unfortunately the pain only intensified when he did. He ignored it and glanced around the room, only moving his eyes. It was filled with priceless antiques, though 'priceless' was hardly a word in his vocabulary. As far as he was concerned, anything could be sold for a profit if you played your cards right.

He recognized the room, even with his limited perspective. He also recognized the figure in the corner who sat quietly and watched him.

"You're awake," a voice said timidly. He was not surprised; anyone who knew something of his reputation would be terrified to be in his presence. "I was afraid something bad had happened to you." This, though, was a surprise. If anything, the man speaking to him should have feared for his own life.

"Do you remember me?"

He silently considered his options. Tell the truth and likely end up confessing to every illegal act he had committed in his lifetime, or lie and fake amnesia. He liked his second choice a lot more.

He slowly sat up, holding one hand to the back of his head, and looked at the person interrogating him.

"No." The other man's face fell.

"My name is Michael. You're my brother." He nearly scoffed. Of course he knew that. He managed to keep a lost look on his face and shook his head just enough for it to be noticeable.

"I don't remember anything."

"Not even your own name?" the younger man asked in surprise. Again he held back an arrogant response as he shook his head. "It's Gerard." He repeated the word to himself. It tasted foreign and dead, as if it hadn't been used for some time and was just being pulled off the shelf. He realized he hadn't responded to his own name in years. His notoriety had thoroughly seen to that.

He listened as his brother continued speaking of the past, as if trying to evoke lost memories within him. He played out the role well, eventually asking a few questions of his own. In spite of his better judgment telling him to leave and take everything he could carry, he wanted to know what his brother had been up to for the past eight years.

"They're letting me join the navy." His eyes widened at his younger brother's words. This presented a very real problem; if their paths were ever to cross while at sea, he would have a lot of explaining to do. Either that, or he could take the easy way out. The pirate's way.
-
He made his way back to the ship in the middle of the night. The entire crew had retreated to the ship, as usual, so he was alone. He wasn't worried, though; worry was an emotion that seemed to avoid him altogether, as if it feared him. He hadn't felt worry since that day...

He shook the thought from his mind. No point in reminiscing now. He had to get back to his ship. As he neared the water, he saw no signs of the ship or his crew. That was good; it meant his second-in-command had everything under control. He remembered he had taken a sterling silver mirror from the mansion and removed it from his cloak, using it to reflect the moon's pale light onto the water in his own code.

The response came not two seconds later. Just before a small cloud covered the moon, a single light flashed from the dark horizon and pointed to his way of escape. He ran down to the beach and found the exact spot the beacon had singled out. They had left a boat for him. How nice.
-
Everything went silent as the heels of his boots met solid wood once again. He realized how much he had missed the sound and watched as the crew fell into line before him. They all stood still and silent, awaiting his orders.

He heard a slight commotion at the very end of the line and took slow steps toward it. The tension increased with each person he passed, though this seemed normal. He generally had that effect on people.

"You'll learn to respect the captain, boy!" shouted someone not far away from him. Suddenly a young boy was thrown into his path, and there was dead silence.

The man frowned. He hadn't asked for any hostages.

"Would someone like to tell me what's going on?" he asked, not taking his eyes off the boy. He couldn't have been more than thirteen years old. One person stepped forward and tried to explain the situation, but the second he admitted to being the culprit the pale-haired man stopped him.

"If I am correct in analyzing the situation...you've taken a hostage," he said casually. The other man nodded. A dark look overtook the leader's face. "Did I ever ask for any hostages?"

No response. He asked again.

"I thought we needed-"

"I decide what is needed on my ship," the hazel-eyed man said abruptly. A sudden calmness came over him, though his eyes remained cold and cruel. "And I've just decided that you're not needed." He took a quick glance over at his second-in-command, who nodded in acknowledgment and stepped forward to execute his orders.

About a second later the man was flailing around in the frigid water. The captain glanced down at him with the same apathetic look he always held, then silently stepped toward the young boy cowering in fear of him. He sighed inwardly. It would be unwise to return to the shore and put their success in jeopardy. That's why he wasn't going to be the one to do it.

"You two. Take him back," he said swiftly, singling out two of them. "Five minutes and not a second more."

"But sir, that is madness! We can't possibly get there and back that fast," said one of them. The captain stepped toward him, glaring menacingly and beginning to reach for his sword.

They hurriedly obeyed his orders, fearing for their lives. They knew better than to cross him.
Sign up to rate and review this story