Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Original Prankster

Taking Sides

by BlueTawney 1 review

An argument and a change of heart.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover, Drama, Humor - Published: 2007-05-03 - Updated: 2007-05-03 - 4638 words

1Original
Chapter 7 - Taking Sides

My leg is really starting to throb now. I started to pat down my pockets. Fuck, I left the bastard pain killers in the med tent. Ok, this goes against every fibre of my being but I can't take this anymore.

"Leo?"

She looked up from her fix in a cup. I admit she looked visibly more relaxed. Junkie.

"Yeah?" She asked sounding very suspicious of me. Who can blame her? I am pretty bad ass if I do say so myself. And believe me I will make her pay for all this. But desperate times call for desperate measures

"Could you grab me a pack of cigarettes?" I was being as polite as possible, that's how desperate I am.

"Sure. Where are they?" Leo seemed shocked, putting her drained cup down on the small counter.

"Just steal some from the carton in Franks bunk." Oh. My. God. Leo is blushing. Oh this is too good. I'm torn between whether or not I should torment the evil cow or play nice to get my nicotine.

"Which is that?" She asked drumming fingers nervously on the counter top.

Guess which option I choose?

"Like you don't know." That certainly got her attention. She glared down at me, pushing herself away from the counter towards me.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" She asked sharply. I watched her a little startled, usually softly spoken, her voice was rising worryingly. She made quick work of the space that once separated us, now looming over me.

"Don't act all innocent with me. I saw you two eating each others face's off." I replied. Even 3 inches of sheet metal couldn't hide my smugness.

Her face went slack with astonishment. Oh yeah, I saw that bitch.

"Oh and what about you and Pete, huh? Looked pretty cosy from where I was stood." She barked glaring at me.

That little sneak! I grabbed hold of the couch and hauled myself up so I was face to face with her. Anger giving me new found strength.

"Fuck off. He was doing his 'I'm so emo' act and saw me spill. It's called being a Good Samaritan. You should try it some time."

"Excuse me? I'm the one who had to pick you up off the bathroom floor!" She retorted angrily. Oh throw that back why don't you! She was practically glowing red with anger.

"Did I ask you to? No. Infact I told you to get out." I said as I balled up my fists, ignoring the tearing of unhealed wounds.

"Seriously what is your problem? Is it impossible for you to just accept someone's help and be grateful for it?" Leo was glaring down at me, using the few inches she had over me to her advantage.

How the FUCK dare she ask what my problem is? Oh that's it.

"If it weren't for you I wouldn't have needed crutches in the first place!"

I gave her a warning shove in the shoulder, sending her staggering back a little.

"What?" She questioned confused. Anger was replaced by a more quizzical look, shoulders slouching slightly in confusion. What is she playing at? Your act ain't fooling anyone honey.

"You heard me. Ok so I fucked with your lights. I was the one who fixed it too. When I saw you with Frank, I was actually on my way to apologize you shit, fuck knows why. But tampering with my bike is fucking low. Even for you." I spat.

"Look," Leo snapped, making me flinch. I haven't seen her this angry before "Whatever you think I did, I didn't do."

"Whatever." I turned my back to her, not satisfying her with a retort, slumping back onto the couch before my leg gave way.

She stormed over and leaned on the back of the couch, effectively trapping me between her arms which were placed either side of my head. Ok this is uncomfortable.

"Do you really think that I would be able to tamper with your bike?" she asked pointedly, "I can't even change the oil in my car for Christ's sake."

But, it was her. I'm sure of it. It can't have been anyone else. It was her.

"I...yeah..." I sank back into the cushions, resting my head on the back of the couch. This is so confusing.

"And for that matter, how the hell am I supposed to have gotten to your precious bike when its locked up 24/7?" She asked, still red with rage. She was so angry; But I guess I would be too if someone had just accused me of something I didn't do. Ok I wasn't expecting this. For once in my life, I didn't have a snappy comeback or insult.

"I guess I never thought of that." I ran my hands through my hair in frustration. Shit. I've fucked up. Again.

"Yeah well maybe you should think before you point the bloody finger." She pushed off from the sofa and slammed the abandoned cup in the sink before storming off.

X

Slamming the cup down into the small sink I took pleasure in the shocked expression on Syd's face and walked off the bus. Screw Syd, Screw Matt and Screw all of My Chem.

Syd can find her own sodding cigarettes. And she can find her own way to the Tech bus.

Ha.

Bloody Syd. How dare she accuse me of doing something like that? I mean I know we've been pranking each other but I would never go that far; she could have died for God's sake.

For some reason it bothered me that she had such a low opinion of me, that she hated me that much.

Stomping along, kicking up dust and pebbles, I made my way over to FOB's bus and climbed on board. Ignoring Pete, Patrick and Joe, who were sat in the living area, I stormed into the bunks.

"Fucking...tosser...how dare....as if I bloody would..." I muttered angrily as I haphazardly threw clothes and bits into a large duffle bag.

"Err Leo...?" Pete asked cautiously, peeking his head round the sliding door panel.

Growling at him I lobbed a balled up pair of socks at his head, smacking him squarely in the eye. This is his doing. I didn't know how it was his doing but for now it just felt good to vent my anger out on someone and Pete had already pissed me off with his 'Rescue' this morning.

"Fuck Leo!" He said with a groan as he rubbed his now watering eyes, "What's gotten your panties in a twist?"

"One," I snapped turning to face him, "My underwear is none of your business. Two, if I'm a little pissed then it may have to do with the fact that I'm being sent back to the Tech Bus for the remainder of the tour as punishment for all the pranks."

"What?!" Patrick gasped appearing beside Pete.

I carried on shoving bits from my bunk into my bag.

"Matt's had enough and this is the punishment." I explained once more. I'm surrounded by idiots I swear.

"But that's not fair!" Joe interjected. Well duh.

"What about Syd?" Pete asked. I narrowed my eyes remembering his shirtless heroics this morning and questioned his motives for asking.

"She's moving aswel." I stated as I chucked my ipod, PSP and camera in along with the rest of my shit.

"We'll have a word with Matt," Joe said as he stilled my hands to prevent me from packing, "You can't go back there, it made you miserable."

Frowning I shook my head. Great, now I choose to get a frigging conscience?

"No." I said firmly, "I don't want any of you to get in trouble because of me and Syd. I can stick out the Tech bus for a couple more weeks; it won't be so bad."

Liar.

They all looked unconvinced but gave in eventually after much reassurance that I'd still hang out and see them every day. Packing up the last of my stuff I slung the bag over my shoulder and stepped off FOB's bus and headed towards hell.

The smell hit me first, stale fags, booze, piss and pot. Lovely combination. Hearing a series of loud thumps and crashes I walked into the bunk area to see Syd standing on crutches, chucking her things into her new bunk with a furious scowl.

Ah so she made it then. Wonder how long it took her to hop over from the MCR bus. Serves her bloody right the stubborn idiot.

I felt her look my way but ignored her and threw my own bag into an apparently free bunk and walked out into the living area.

I hate this place. I hate the mess and the stench of unwashed bodies and rotting rubbish. The dirty sofa and tables all sticky with weeks worth of forgotten spills and accidents. The TV lay on one side; the glass front cracked making it unusable, the kitchen was barren, the microwave and toaster long gone. Thank god the kettle survived.

Matt's a sadist I swear.

Unable to stand the smell any longer and with the true horror of the situation now hitting me, I made a quick exit. Jumping down the steps I slouched down at the side of the bus and let myself slide down to the floor, dropping my head into my hands.

Pulling out the cig's I stole from Joe last night I lit up and resumed my dejected pose on the ground.

Matt can sod off if he thinks I'm going to help with packing up this morning. There's no way I'm lifting a finger for that wanker.

"Mind if I join you?"

Syd. Again. She was standing awkwardly on the bus steps waiting for my reply. What the hell, I've got nothing else left to loose.

"Sure." I replied as I took a drag, "Knock yourself out."

I motioned to the space beside me and she limped over, her crutches now gone. Leaning against the bus I watched out of the corner of my eye as she sat down next to me with a badly disguised groan of pain.

Continuing to smoke in silence, I noticed after a few minutes that she was looking at my fag like I often look at the coffee pot. Sighing I held the packet out to her.

She took one and gave me a small smile as she muttered 'Thanks' under her breath. Pulling out a lighter she lit up and took a drag, inhaling with a deep, contented sigh of pleasure.

"I needed that." She said, her eyes closed in bliss.

"Yeah I know the feeling." I said quietly in agreement.

We lulled into silence again, which was fine by me as I was still a little pissed off at Syd's earlier accusations and in no mood for another fight. Syd however kept throwing not so subtle glances my way as she fidgeted annoyingly.

"What?" I asked finally as I turned to look at her.

"I'm sorry alright?" She blurted out and looked sullenly down at the ground.

"Yeah well so you should be." I answered as I stubbed out my cigarette and threw it under the bus, "As if I'd fuck around with something that could kill you."

She looked moodily down at the ground and I realised then that I couldn't end the conversation like that. On a bad note again. Syd had made the effort, had offered a sort of truce. It was only fair that I do the same.

"But yeah, apology accepted." I said with a smile.

I didn't want to jinx it though so left the conversation at that and walked back onto the bus to sort my shit out and get as settled as I was gunna get.

Climbing up into my bunk I shoved my bag to one side and proceeded to stick up some pictures from home on the walls. Merry and Thomas, my cousin sat in the sunshine, my mum and dad smiling as they sat on Brighton Beach, my best friend Holly pissed on a night out her arm around my equally drunken form. Feeling a bit calmer now that I had some mementoes from home around me I got out my ipod and lay down.

Not 2 minutes later the curtains were shoved back and I jumped, wincing at the sudden rush of light. Yanking out my earphones I gave Syd a look of confusion.

"Well if you didn't do it then who did?" She asked randomly as she leant heavily on my bunk.

"How would I know?" I replied shrugging, "You aren't exactly all sweetness and light, maybe you pissed someone else off?"

She smiled sarcastically at me.

"Ha-ha. Very funny." She said as she proceeded to drag herself up into MY bunk.

I sighed and moved over abit so that my legs were hanging off the edge to give her abit of room. I let her pull herself up on her own even though she was clearly in pain. Breathing heavily she finally made it and spread herself out taking up over half the bunk.

"Make yourself comfy why don't you?" I grunted as she wriggled around and elbowed me sharply in the ribs.

"Cheers, will do." She quipped with a grin.

"Maybe your bike just broke?" I said after we'd both got comfortable, "Can that happen?"

She looked at me like I had grown two heads. That'd be a no then.

"I checked it, so did Bob. There's absolutely no way it would have broken like that, not unless someone messed with it."

I looked down thoughtfully. The guys would've told me if they'd done something. It just wasn't their style though. Pete fancied the pants off Syd so he wouldn't have sabotaged that. Patrick couldn't tell a spanner from a screwdriver, Andy wouldn't just do something like that on his own and Joe can't keep a secret to save his life so we'd all know by now if he was the culprit.

So that left very few options as to who it could be. Either someone from My Chem or an outsider that we didn't know about yet. It being someone from MCR seemed highly unlikely. They all loved Syd, there's no way they'd hurt her.

"I don't get it," I said confused and more than a little worried, "If it wasn't FOB or MCR then who was it?"

"That," Syd replied, meeting my gaze darkly, "Is what I'm going to find out."

X

After hopping (falling) out of Leo's bunk, much to her amusement, I looked up at my own bunk. I liked to be as close to the roof as possible so chose the top bunk. It was easy enough to throw my stuff up there, but climbing was another matter. After several failed attempts I gave up, grabbing my crutches I went into the lounge and found Kirt, Jade and Dave surrounded by a pile of empty beer cans. As I made my way to the bus door, I could feel eyes on me. Leeches.

"What happened to your leg Syd? Leo finally taught you a lesson?" Jade sneered. His blood shot eyes behind dirty blond bangs made my skin crawl.

"No, I kicked Neil so hard in the nuts I tore my leg open." I retorted. Leaving them in drunken confusion I eased out the bus and limped across to the trailer that held my bike. I opened it up and there was Craig, all fixed.

It was dark inside the sheet metal box, but I could see he actually had 2 wheels again. I pulled the shutter down behind me, using the torch on my cell to see in the darkness. It was still early evening; the show was in full swing. I could just hear the roar of the crowds through the trailers insulated skin. I sank back into the corner, resting my head on the cool metal as I snuggled into the old comforter I used to kneel on when working on Craig.

If it wasn't Leo, then who? If it were FOB I would have heard by now. News spreads fast around here. Fall Out Boy attempting to murder a sound engineer would have had the press swarming. Today had been pretty exhausting, and eventually the noises of the tour sent me into a deep sleep.

I woke up to the sound of the trailer shutter rattling. Strange. As I went to get up from where I was laying I gasped at how much my leg hurt. It was wedged under Craig's tyre. I must have had quite an energetic sleep to end up about 2 foot from my comforter. I shuffled over to the trailer exit and raised the shutter.

"Syd? What are you doing in the trailer?" A startled voice asked.

Gerard was stood before me in a paint splattered hoodie and jeans. Large smudges of orange adorned one cheek, a deer caught in headlights look completing his appearance.

"I fell asleep. What are you doing out here at-" I check my cell. "9am!? Shit I'm late."
I must look like total crap and I swear I can still smell vomit. I grabbed my crutches and hopped down from the trailer.

"I'm sure Matt won't mind if you're late, the Tech bus is punishment enough for everything bad you do in the next ten years so its not like he's gunna do anything." He replied with a smile.

"That's not the point Gee. I take my job seriously and if whoever covered me was anything like Kirt or Jade then I'm gunna have a lot of work to do fixing what they undoubtedly broke. If I want a job doing right I have to do it myself." I said with a sigh.

I locked up the trailer and made a break for my new home. Hopefully Matt will see the light in a few days and change his mind on letting me sleep with Pete...

O My God. I said Pete. I meant MCR. MCR damn it.

Once I eventually boarded the bus, again having to suffer the humiliation of going up backwards, I found the three stooges sat around the table, flicking though a magazine. Leo was sat on the couch, gripping a coffee tightly in her hand, a strained look on her face. To her credit she gave me a cursory nod as I made my way towards the table, which I returned.

"Have fun with Wentz yesterday?" Dave cajoled. I'm sure my extremely messed up hair and crinkled clothes did nothing for my argument.

"I spent last night in my trailer." I replied scowling at him.

"The whole crew knows there's something going on between you two. You were spotted by the resident press being carried by a shirtless Pete. It's all over the internet."

God I want to wipe that smug smile off Jades face.

"Don't you three retards have trash cans to go empty?" I snapped and began to walk towards my bunk.

It meant nothing. I'm sure Pete will set the story straight. Hang on, I must be thinking of a different Wentz, the one who isn't a media whore. Oh I am so screwed.

As I made my way past, Kirt stuck his foot out kicking me on my bandage. The other two laughed their asses off as I crumbled to the floor clutching my stitched leg. Those fuckers.

X

Blinded by irrational fury, I mean why did I even care, I leapt up and stalked over to Kirt.

There was a resounding smack of skin on skin as my fist made contact with the side of his face. It happened so fast that I didn't even realise what I'd done until he reeled backwards, slumping into the sofa clutching his jaw, his eyes wide in shock and fear.

Shaking with rage, I ignored the dull throb in my hand and rushed over to Syd.

Shit.

She was sat, crumpled on the ground. She groaned loudly and clutched her injured leg, her face paling worryingly. Quickly moving over to her I held out a hand and hauled her up. It must have hurt because she didn't even protest or tell me to get lost.

That bastard. Kirt was one of my guys and has been a complete cocky tosser from day one. I don't think I've seen him do anything productive; he seems to spend all his time smoking pot and drinking whatever he can get his greasy little hands on.

"You fucking wanker Kirt." I snarled, as I helped Syd over to the dirty looking sofa.

She was breathing heavily and sat quietly with her head in between her legs.

Whipping round I strode back over to Kirt and the others and who were looking at me with terror in their eyes, their beer now long forgotten. Fucking morons. They could have split her stitches.

"You do realise that I'm your boss don't you Kirt." I said smugly, enjoying watching his spotty face drop in comprehension.

"Shit." He muttered his eyes wide with fear. The others scattered leaving him to fend on his own and Kirt looked around panicked, as he realised his groupies had left him to my wrath.

"Shit indeed." I said giving him a sinister smile, "I hope tripping Syd was worth it because it's cost you your job."

He stared at me in horror and I watched with a pleased grin. The little shit thought I meant he was sacked. O no. I don't need to sack him to punish him. Matt taught me that.

"I've decided that you're better suited to more...." I drew it out enjoying myself, "more of a hands on position."

His thick eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Ha. Here comes the best bit.

"You're lucky actually. Matt told me this morning that he's looking for a new assistant."

Kirt's eyes widened even further as he realised my plan.

It was every techs worst nightmare. Being Matt's personal assistant meant long hours, no thanks and an endless list of tasks. Kirt certainly wouldn't be bothering Syd again. Infact I doubt if he'll be bothering anyone anymore what with the amount of hours he's going to be doing.

I'm a genius.

An evil, evil genius.

He didn't even protest. Instead he choose to leg it, as fast as his lanky legs would carry him, off the bus and as far away from me as possible.

"Fucking Hell." Syd said slowly, her voice tinged with admiration, "You just decked him."

Sitting down next to her I gently rubbed at my tender and bruising hand.

"Yeah..." I said as it sunk in, "I guess I did didn't I."

I'm not a violent person. I've never punched anyone in my entire life; I've never even bitch slapped someone in a fight or anything. God. Maybe I have split personalities or something, like a female version of Jekyll and Hyde.

"I just punched someone." I stated in disbelief, "I've never done that before."

Syd looked at me in amusement, her dark eyes lighting up with mirth. Glad someone finds this funny. I'm turning into a right crazy bitch; god knows what I'll do next. Nick a car? Go to the nearest and shitiest Bar and start on the local bike?

I guess I can see the funny side though. Sort of.

"It fucking hurt too." I muttered shaking my head. I always thought that when you hit someone they were the only ones supposed to come out of it injured. Apparently not.

Syd began to laugh and I watched her bemused as she threw her head back and let out a deep throaty laugh that reverberated around the bus. No longer deathly white, the colour had returned to her face as she began to gasp from her laughter.

Why had I stood up for Syd so automatically? Would she have done the same for me? I had just punched a minion because he had tripped someone I'd loathed with a passion for the past 2 weeks. Confused? Yeah me too.

"I think I may be bipolar." I said dropping my head into my hands.

"Or just a secret psycho?" Syd said with a grin, "The look on Kirt's face; a pure classic."

"Not much of a secret anymore though." I said picking up my forgotten cup of coffee and taking a sip.

Syd laughed again and I shook my head fighting back my own laughter. Who'd have thought I'd be sat next to Syd being civilised for once?

I'm sure it won't last....although I've got to say it's kind of nice to have someone to talk to who isn't either piss drunk or stoned. Aside from FOB I barely get any decent conversation, plus I miss having a girl to talk to. Being surrounded by men all the time can get annoying after a while.

As we both calmed down we lulled into silence once more. It wasn't awkward though, more relaxed and surprisingly comfortable.

Reaching into the pocket of her cut offs, I watched as Syd struggled to pull something out. Curious, I waited to see what she would produce only to smile as she yanked some Marlboro reds out with a flourish.

"I reckon we need one of these after all that." She said as she dragged herself up and motioned for me to come outside.

As if I'd pass up a cigarette; although I really am going to quit after the tour. I always say that but I really mean it this time. Nodding I followed her out and sat next to her by the bus.

It was pleasantly warm outside. The sun beating down still but with a slight breeze, so it wasn't as cloistering as yesterday. Taking the offered cig I waited for Syd to light up before nicking the lighter off her aswel.

"I'm late." I stated suddenly as I saw the watch on Syd's arm. Not that I really cared. Matt wasn't exactly my favourite person at the moment and now that I knew he couldn't sack me, what really was the worst he could do? I'm pretty sure he couldn't punish me any worse than he already has.

"Me too." Syd muttered in between drags. The look on her face told me that she wasn't overly bothered either.

"SYD. LEO."

Speak of the fucking devil.

I cringed and quickly stubbed out my cigarette, seeing Syd do the same. Matt was striding over to us, his face unreadable. Getting up I held out a hand and dragged Syd up with me. Matt stopped before us and threw out his hands making me flinch automatically.

Syd staggered back and fell into the metal of the bus with a startled yelp and I shut my eyes waiting for Matt's fist to hit my face.

God I knew it, I've mad the man go crazy. I've sent him on that downward spiral, all the rehabilitation he got in jail forgotten because of me.

Shockingly though it wasn't a fist to the face I felt, but a firm pat on the shoulder accompanied by a hearty laugh. Opening my eyes cautiously I watched in amazement as Matt grinned, his teeth glaringly bright in the sun.

"Heard you hit that little fucker Kirt," He said between chuckles, "Good one. That whiney shit needed some sense knocked into him. I'm gunna have some fun with him I can tell you."

Giving me another rough smack on the back he walked off leaving me staring after him in astonishment.

Will wonders never cease?

"O." He called out over his shoulder, "Get and do some bloody work the both of you before I demote you to trash duty."

Ah. That's better; back to normal. All is right with the world.
Sign up to rate and review this story