Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Sibling Rivalry

Comforting words

by Lady-Amaya 2 reviews

After a terrible accident, theresa gets into a fight with her dad and refuses to come home for christmas. So Jay decides to ivite her to his house. Theresa gets along with the family good. But afte...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-05-03 - Updated: 2007-05-03 - 2072 words

0Unrated
Chapter Six: Comforting words


Jay tried to stay as silent as possible as he watched the teenaged girl continue to sob loudly. He had no clue what to do.

Should he leave? Give her some privacy and chase away the gathering groups of people? Or should he go to her in her time of need like a good friend would and comfort her?

Jay hastily chose the first one as her sobs continued to increase in volume, causing more people to look towards her hospital room. He started to walk towards them to shoo them away, but he realized he left the door open.

So he walked back and tried to close the door silently. He failed.

As soon as he tried to close the door he made a large squeak, causing Theresa's bloodshot eyes to shoot up to look at him.

They were locked into each others gaze for a long time. Theresa's emerald eyes gazing into Jay's coffee brown ones. Just gazing. But the gaze was broken when Theresa's eyes watered up again with tears, Jay stared at the floor guilty. He knew he should not have listened in. Since the gaze was broken, a long uncomfortable silence filled the room.

"H-how long have you been standing there?" She muttered silently, not looking into his eyes again.

Jay sighed. "Long enough." He answered guiltily. Closing the door and stepping inside the room.

Theresa nodded grimly, murmuring for him to come sit next to her.

Reluctantly he did just that. He slowly walked towards Theresa's hospital bed and sat down on the comforter.

For many long moments they sat together in silence, not looking at each other, neither of them spoke.

"Jay?" Theresa finally said after a long time of waiting. Jay looked up at her with a slight smile.

"Ya?" He said.

"I wish to apologize, for what my dad said about you." She whispered.

Jay smiled slightly, "Theresa you know I don't mind about what he said to me." Jay paused a look of complete rage coming into his eyes, "On the other hand you're lucky I didn't get a hold of the phone before you smashed it or things really would have gotten ugly." Jay grimaced in disgust.

"Some of the things he said to you were just, just," Jay's voice trailed off and a deep growl was realized from his throat.

"No, No! Please Jay!" She said pleadingly grabbing his arm to stop him from doing anything to rash.

"It was not my father's fault! It's just that......" Her voice trailed of and a small whimper escaped her throat.

Jay's eyes softened. He suddenly sat back down.

"Hey," He said softly as he saw the girl begin to whimper again. "Hey, it's alright Theresa. Don't Worry." He said soothingly, trying to calm her down.

Unfortunately, it did exactly opposite of what Jay wanted.

Theresa burst out crying again as soon as Jay said those words.

Jay sighed as he continually rubbed the girls back to comfort her. Why do girls have to look so damn cute when their crying? Jay thought to himself as Theresa continued to sob on his shoulder.

Soon, Theresa's tears had ceased so she pushed herself away from Jay and wiped her teary eyes.

She mumbled a small apology to her friend before she reached over to the table to grab a tissue.

Finally, Jay could not resist, without even thinking properly, he blurted out what his heart was telling him.

"You look really pretty when you cry." He blurted out. Jay froze as soon as he said those words. He turned away, blushing ferociously.

Upon hearing Jay's flattering words, Theresa stopped crying. She looked at Jay oddly for a long time, her cheeks reddening with each passing second.

Finally, after a bit, Theresa smiled, she still blushed, but she was still smiling.

Jay smiled quickly back, but could not bear to keep eye contact with Theresa any longer.


After a long time of silence, Jay finally spoke again.

"Theresa," He said looking towards her, "What were you talking about? When you said that, well when you were talking about a fire?"

Jay immediately regretted saying that. He knew that one, Theresa would be even more sad, and two, it was none of his business.

Theresa's response was different then what Jay expected. He thought she was just not going to tell him.

She did exactly the opposite.

"I was wondering if you were going to ask." She mumbled quietly.

"You don't have to tell me!" He stuttered out quickly, waving his hands when he realized Theresa's distress.

She just smiled sadly. "No," She said taking his hand in her own, "I need to tell someone."

"Well you see," She paused as if unsure whether she should continue. "Well, uh, um, you see....." Her voice trailed off.

"Well two years back, their was an accident, that nearly caused my entire family to die."

Jay gasped softly.

Theresa continued, "Back then, my father's business was horrible, we didn't have much money left to pay all my father's workers. My family felt like we were all going to starve if we did not do something quick. But then there was this boy. Only a few years older then you and me and well," She paused, "He gave us some money so that we could get back on our feet."

"My mother didn't trust him. He just came out of the blue one day, offering to help us. But I," She stopped again tears beginning to fall. "I was more foolish then my parents."

"This boy, Harrison, he and I soon were in a relationship." Now she was sobbing.

"During our short time as a couple, Harrison and I had many...disagreements....soon Harrison became abusive, and with ever single kiss I ever got, had another beating attached with it. After everything he did to me, I still don't know why I still stayed with him. I was actually thinking that I was....in love with him....." Theresa paused again, tears continuing to pour.

"But, but he wanted our money much more then he wanted my love. All along he was stealing our money, bit by bit, he was robbing us. And that was because I was stupid enough to give him access to our bank accounts. When I finally caught him in the act, well he...he..." Theresa squeezed his hand harder, tears pouring down.

She seemed at a loss for words. So she sat there, crying onto Jay's shoulder as she tried to get those words out of her head. Jay couldn't do anything except for rubbing her back and whisper soothing words.

Finally, Theresa found enough strength to whisper three heart breaking words.


"He raped me." She cried out.


This lead to another crying fit. Jay gasped and tried to comfort her. But he was at a loss for words. He could not do anything, except shake with anger; his hand's balled into fists, his fingernails digging into his skin. His teeth bit against his lip ad he tried to calm himself. Jay sat there shaking, trying to comfort the broken down girl.

Finally Theresa stopped and mumbled an apology.

"So what happened? Did you get the police?"

She nodded. "But it did not help. Nothing could stop him. When the police finally caught him, he had sworn he would get revenge. He said he would make me watch ever single member of my family die. Well he succeeded, he soon escaped from jail. And came back to my home. He came in and set the house ablaze. Leaving my father, mother and me to die."

"The fire fighters came just in time. Or so I thought. When I woke up in the hospital the next day, they said that my mother was trapped inside. That there was no way that she could have been rescued. They left her in there to die." Theresa started crying again.

Only now did Jay find enough strength to wrap his arms around the girl and actually make an attempt to comfort her. He also soon felt himself crying. He felt so bad for Theresa, she hadn't done anything wrong to this Harrison guy, and yet he raped her and killed her mother. That bastard.

"I'm so sorry Theresa." He whispered into her hair as she started crying less violently.

Theresa looked up from his chest and gave a small smile. But that smile did not last as another thought sprang into Theresa's mind.

"Oh well," She said, "At least I didn't end up pregnant. Not that my father cares anyway."

Jay winced. He saw Theresa beginning to cry again. He knew he should try and keep the subject of Theresa's father as far away as possible.

"So, did he get arrested again?" Jay said quickly changing the subject. As soon as he said that Jay mentally slapped himself. Nice going Jay, He thought, that was an even worse subject then before!

Theresa sighed. "No," She whimpered, "He lost his life in the fire as well."

"Oh," He murmured. Oh well, he thought, that cold hearted being deserved to burn in a blaze!

Theresa started to whimper again and she reached for Jay's hand. Jay allowed her hand to fold around his.

Theresa in her own mind started to think about all that has happened to her recently. First there was the time her family had gone bankrupt, then the start of Theresa's relationship with Harrison. Then when Harrison.......did the unforgivable...... and was sent to jail. Then Harrison's escape and when he burnt down their home. And now when she and the others had been called together to defeat Cronus.

Everything seemed so far away from that time. Like her new life was from a whole different time and place then her old life. Everything seemed better now. So much more brighter then before. But now, Theresa thought, I don't think Jay is ever going to stop thinking that this accident was his fault!

Jay started silently cursing himself. If I had just been more careful, more aware, Maybe Theresa would never have even gone into the alleyway in the first place! But then again, he should have been quicker in getting Theresa out of that horrible situation in the first place!

Jay sighed as Theresa started to cry softly. Jay once again wrapped his arms around her small form.

There must be something I can do! Something that I can do to make it up to her! As he pulled back slightly and looked at her face.

Poor girl, He thought as he hugged her again. She has been through so much already. And now her own father does not wish to see her! And at Christmas time! When families are supposed to enjoy their time together! She will be all alone at Christmas!

But Jay gasped inwardly as he grasped an idea. Maybe she doesn't have to be alone!

"Theresa?" Jay asked as he pulled back lightly. "I know you have been through so much already, and I know that you and your father are not......well.....not speaking to each other. But I was thinking, that maybe, if it was alright with you. Well....maybe you would like to spend Christmas with my family."

As soon as Jay stopped speaking, Theresa's head shot up.

"Y...You wouldn't mind? And your parents?" She whimpered.

"My mom is easy going and she just loves the idea of company!" Jay smiled reassuringly. "She would love to have you over for the holidays!"

"Are you sure it will be alright? You would not mind?" She asked.

"Of course! It will be awesome having you here!" He exclaimed.

After a moment or two of thinking, Theresa let out her biggest smile she had ever made.

"Oh Jay I would LOVE to!" She exclaimed clasping her hands together with excitement.

Jay smiled. "Good." He quickly untangled himself from her arms and walked towards the door. "But I will need to tell my mother."

Suddenly her smile vanished and the blood drained from her face. "Y-y-you won't tell her ab-b-bout ......him.......will you?"

Jay shook his head. "I will only tell her that you and your father had an argument. Nothing else."

Her smile reappeared quickly. "Thank you Jay. Thank you for everything!"

Jay gave her one more small smile before he excited the room closing the door behind him.
Sign up to rate and review this story