Categories > Anime/Manga > Weiss Kreuz > Entwined

5

by schism-ism 0 reviews

A try at fleshing out Nagi, a little.... (possibly) eventual NagixOmi

Category: Weiss Kreuz - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Crawford, Nagi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2005-11-08 - Updated: 2005-11-08 - 376 words

0Unrated
Nagi's last day at school was like all the others. Well, it'd started out that way. He woke up, performed all the hygienic duties he couldn't quite keep himself from marveling over, got dressed, and left for breakfast. At least, that's what he planned to do. As he opened the door, he was met with a suit or, more specifically, someone in a suit that turned out to be Brad Crawford. Nagi looked him in the eye and blinked once while Crawford continued to stand there expectantly.

"Yes?" He asked softly.

Crawford adjusted his glasses and said, "It's time."

"Is it?" Nagi couldn't keep the barest hint of amusement out of his voice. It was interesting how anticlimactic this was.

Raising an eyebrow, Crawford nodded. "Yes. You'll meet the other members of my team and receive your first orders."

He inclined his head slightly. Other members of his team. Nagi didn't miss that possessive phrasing, sensed that he wasn't meant to.

"What about my things . . . ?" Nagi asked. Having to leave so abruptly was . . . bothersome.

"Clothes and other necessities will be provided for you. Follow me," Crawford hesitated slightly, "Please." He turned to leave and Nagi followed obediently. That 'please' had meant 'now'.

He walked down the hall, eyes glued to the back stitching of Crawford's suit.

A few of the younger students stopped to stare. He heard someone whisper "father" and resisted the uncharacteristic urge to laugh. His father was probably drunk or, more appropriately, dead. It made sense, and he'd had long enough to think about it. Wasn't that what happened to people that miserably weak and pathetic?

Walking with Crawford reminded Nagi of the first time and how much things had changed. How much he had changed. He didn't feel apprehensive or afraid. On the contrary, he had this overwhelming sense of rightness. So many things in his life had been transient. But this? This had the taste of something that would follow him forever. This was another one of those defining moments, the kind that speeches were made about.

There was no reason to be scared because he knew exactly what was expected of him and there wasn't a doubt in his mind that he could do it.

It almost tasted like destiny.
Sign up to rate and review this story