Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Rain

Shattered Silence

by RenoTurk 1 review

A fight, one more step towards the condemned. Please R&R Thank you to everyone that is reading!

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance, Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-05-04 - Updated: 2007-05-05 - 1010 words - Complete

0Unrated
Excuse me but can I be you for awhile,
my dog won't bite if you sit real still,
I got the anti Christ in the kitchen yellin' at me again
yeah I can hear that
been saved again by the garbage truck
I got something to say you know but nothing comes
Yes I know what you think of me you never shut up
yeah I can hear that

Tori Amos


The bottom floor of the Ossuary had stacks of bones in different arrays that he was conscious of as he passed them. The shadows licked over them as he brushed close by, the skulls seemingly screaming in a silent opera reiterating the fate of the damned. Here they were in a blessed place and one of them was already shedding blood.

The other man still hadn't let his identity be known and that annoyed him more. It was harder to come to a conclusion on martial tactics but then again that could be how the unknown man survived. It took only a short moment of thought before the answer came.

There was a whizzing nose from the stairs as the Hellion moved across the floor. The crossbow bolt fled through the misty shadows around him and into the piled up skulls. There was a horrific shattering as the skull behind crumbled to dust. Hellion stepped to the wall below the stairs and watched flecks of old white bone clouded the air.

The man above moved from sight to reload the crossbow and to watch the movements of the Hellion. He could see the bloody smear plotting his made moves and he could see a smouldering lick of shadows forming underneath the best vantage point he had. The Hellion disappeared suddenly. The figure made his way to the top of the stairs and waited.

The shadows formed within a fraction of a second and up came the beastly demon from the pale stoned floor; the sight would have put the hooded figure off if not for his preparations and study. Hellion formed in front of him and clawed at him. His robe was caught but he moved out of the way and fired again.

The bolt thudded in to the Hellion's shoulder and the cold fiery eyes seemed to intensify. The hooded figure brought his hands around and pale creamy skin could be made out from his neck and then deep green eyes bore back at Hellion before it threw something towards him and the Ossuary floor lit up like a beacon.

The strange man in robes ran up the rest of the stairs as Hellion was thrown from the confines of his dark cloying shadows and in to the wall easily six feet above the chapel floor. He landed with a sickening thud and his back shattered more of the precious bones. Had he time to lament the loss he would have but he had to survive first.

More shattered bones stuck to him only this time he had lost the shadows he had pulled up to protect him. He groaned in pain as he fought the urge to rip the bolt from his shoulder in case more blood pumped out and he was weakened. He moved to the side and called the soothing feel of the darkest depths of the church. He saw Shanemah run up towards the second floor of the ossuary.

The skulls in the strange light of the Sedlec chapel seemed to produce an even more morbid vision with the damage he'd brought to them. Hellions cold blue eyes narrowed as he picked a course and leapt through the church and up the stairs. This hand to end and swiftly if it could.

Shanemah had found a small place to watch behind the display boards describing historical points of interested. The hooded figure waited for Hellion to arrive. The Hellion barrelled in to him and shadows licked around them both. Shanemah knew the panic that could come with being stuck in them as they wrapped around both figures.

Hellion's shadows worked between them both, the dark sticky tendrils worked under the arms of the robe and wrapped around the strangers back like seaweed against paddling feet. It was damp and icy on the skin. It was dark and lonely.

"I can drag you to hell." Whispered Hellion as the smouldering shadows around him spread out across the room. "We are both damned... we will not escape our fates. Confess your sins if you care too or simply drown in the weight of your own sin. Tell me about your part in Iterations." He threatened with that low growl as the blue eyes seemed to bore in to the robed figure.

"We are all trapped by one social confine or another." The voice said back. It was cool and resigned to its fate. "Mine was to delay you. I have done that." He said as he tried to wrestle free.

"Not good enough. Who ordered you?" He growled as he pulled the man closer. "Where is Fielding?"

"She's back with the Grand Master." He said the panic finally setting in. "They... you are not supposed to fight them. You're a priest!"

"I walked away from that a long time ago." Hellion mumbled. "You kidnap my child and I come after you."

He pulled the man closer and felt the rapid heartbeat and panic that came with it. He heard him screaming as shadows pulled at him and took on a life of their own. Hellion moved away when the struggling ceased. The first victim of the small war fell to the ground and the Hellion phased down to the bottom and collected his hat and coat.

Shanemah watched him walk out, the blood pouring from him but he said not a word before turning at the door and crossing his chest. He had to get that bolt out of his shoulder. He needed a rest before he started again. Shanemah's eyes followed him spotting a figure following him. A woman whom he had not seen before.
Sign up to rate and review this story