Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Alter Ego

Sunshowers and Spring Flowers

by aqueous 3 reviews

The first night at the dorms.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Published: 2007-05-04 - Updated: 2007-05-05 - 1382 words

0Unrated
A/N: Hey guys, I think I'm gonna work on some character analysis this chapter. I'm so happy for all you're feedback, and I hope I'm updating fast enough for you. I'm going to work really hard to make this as long as I can.

As I have said prior, some of these places do really exist, I'm trying to keep it as real as possible. Let me know if I'm not describing things well enough.

As well soon I will be adding some footnotes in cases of italian words.

Some surprise news, I've been working on turning this into a comic. I already have the first three pages of the first chapter done. Hopefully this is a project that will go well.

Hope you enjoy, and I'll keep you posted with further changes.
PS: Remember Jeff is now Nathan! (so there is no confusion.)

- - - -

Herry lightly placed his last shirt into his dresser and closed the door softly. He had been confused by the actions of most of his friends. He has understood and dealt with their crazy antics before, but now it just seemed escalated.

Archie and Atlanta have hit a new high in their hate relationship. He found it utterly ridiculous how Archie could even treat a girl he likes that way and expect something out of it. As for Atlanta, she's been even more impatient lately, and her temper seems to be getting worse, he began to worry about her. When in rage, and hurt many people tend to do things without thinking, and he could bear to see Atlanta make a mistake like that on Archie's behalf.

Jay had been in his own world since they first got together. The fact that nothing is happening is driving him mad inside he can tell. He felt Jay must think there's some big plan in action, that they must be ready at any time. Herry wished that his partnership with Theresa will let him lay back, sometime his good friend became a little too tense. Neil and Odie had been their plain selves and that's all he could ask for. He was glad he was paired with Odie, he knew the two wouldn't clash heads, not like the others.

Dorian was another story, Herry had thought he seemed nice enough, but he still hasn't told them why he's here, who he really is. The only thing he does no is he knows how to handle women, both Theresa and Atlanta were blushing at his gestures.

That set off another though, Theresa is seeming to let herself go with men. She flirts with nearly anyone, and she's going to get into trouble with that one day. Herry could tell her and Jay had something special, but the two just never really picked up on it. With Jay being so worried, and tense, and Theresa just wanting to be free, and be a normal teenager.

He sighed as his eyes feasted on the landscape before him. In spite of all the problems arising there is no other place he'd rather be.

- - - -

Archie quietly opened the door to his and Atlanta's room. He did not want to push her any farther, she had seemed to be on edge lately. Inwardly he began to worry about her, but he couldn't let his guard down, he couldn't forget things she had said to him too. While on the way up the tri-staircase he noticed Atlanta on the balcony, there was now a sun shower. He could see the beads of water upon her face, which was filled with anger and sorrow.

This tore at his heart, and he tried to look away but he couldn't. He admired her form for a moment. He began to wonder if he should apologize, he then realized the consequences of his mouth. He sighed and lifted his bags once more and began to walk down the hallway, giving her one passing look as he continued on.

Atlanta felt as if she had been watched and out of the corner of her eye she saw Archie walk away. Her mind flew and fumed with anger and sadness the rain was like a cure, she suddenly let out a huge cry at the top of her lungs. A yell so loud, and freeing. Her body trembled with the effort of this, and then her mind was less clouded. The sky cleared, and the sun beamed through even more strong. A smile broke across her face.

Archie heard just as he reached his doorway, her scream. He stopped, his back still facing. He closed his eyes tightly, he had never felt more horrible in his life. He thought of turning back, but no not now. He closed his door and lay on his bed to clear his mind.

All they could hope for was tomorrow to be a better day.

- - - -

Theresa stopped in mid-unpacking when she heard Atlanta's loud cry. She felt sorry for her friend, but she knew she wouldn't want her support at the moment, it was her time alone. Upset with the problems her friends had come across she made her way to the common room and sat on the comfy chair closest to the fireplace.

She wore her lounging clothes sweats and all. She wrung her feet over the side and lay back and closed her eyes lightly. A headache had grew from the confusion in her mind.

Jay done packing had walked into the common room, he saw her laying there, so helpless. He admired her beauty lit by the fireplace. She was so innocent, and he felt guilt for not being fair to her as of late. He had no idea what had got over him, and he found himself overcome by jealousy.

He slowly made his way towards the chair, in his mind he was trembling. He had been scared of one on one situations. Him one on one with the enemy was a different story.

"Ar-Are you alright?" He said quietly placing a hand on the chair. Theresa settled into the chair more, allowing the heat of the fireplace to warm her skin, a small tired smile played across her face.

"Nothing I can't handle..." she said reaching up to his hand, she touched it lightly, but Jay nervous pulled it away and turned around as to walk across the room. Theresa slowly retreated her hand, another from of hurt filled her.

"Was that Atlanta yelling?" He said unsteadily trying to change the subject.

"Yes," Theresa said no longer looking at him. "I don't blame her."

"Archie, doesn't mean harm, its only playful teasing..." Jay retorted defensively he knew how much he cared for Atlanta.

"Oh come ON Jay!" Theresa said sitting up abruptly. "You know Archie has no business picking on her THAT much, he goes over the top, and you do realize just because its a joke it doesn't mean it hurts." She slowed her temper, "If he cared for her, he wouldn't be so cold." She gave him a piercing look, referring to him as well.

"Well maybe were all a little stressed and tense lately..." Jay admitted.

"Stressed? Tense?!" She stood up, her anger flowing outwardly, "This is a vacation Jay! There is NO stress, no tension Jay! Nothing!" She crossed her arms. "All you ever do is worry about everyone's well being, but maybe you should look at yourself once in awhile, because you may not only be just hurting yourself." She let her sweater fall to the ground and she walked up to her bed, not even giving him a chance to speak further.

He stood there motionless for a few moments. He couldn't understand what she meant, and he wondered if the others felt the same. He wanted to know who he was hurting, because he could just fix it and things would be back to normal. He planned to sleep on it and patch things up tomorrow.

He picked up her sweater and held it for a moment, it smelt of flowers on a spring day. He placed it gently on the back of the chair for when she needed it. He put out the fireplace before going to sleep as well.

- - - -

PS: Let me know if you would like my chapters to be longer.
Sign up to rate and review this story