Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Laced With Nitroglycerin

5. We've Got a Big Mess On Our Hands

by aznfoblover 1 review

Kate has always been there for the guys as a sister and friend. What happens to her when their dreams come true? New creation. Have fun.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-05-06 - Updated: 2007-05-07 - 442 words - Complete

0Unrated
***
Chapter 5
We've Got a Big Mess On Our Hands (The Academy Is...)
"When it all comes crashing..."
***

I don't know how long I sat in my room. I vaguely remember Dani saying that she was going to her friend's house to stay the night and telling her to bring her phone.

I was just thinking. About school. How much was said in that empty classroom. How much was unsaid.

HowIkissedKate. Crap. I totally forgot about that. OK, maybe I didn't. Maybe that's all I was really thinking of. But that's irrelevant. Isn't it?

How Brent walked in on us and really isn't sick at all...

How I totally forgot about band practice. I can't let the guys down like that. I can't turn into Brent. I have to go. Even if Kate is going to be there. It was decided then. I was going to Spence's house and I was going to pretend like nothing happened.

But just in case, I wore my lucky hoodie and my hat. Just in case.

I wrote him a note and put it on the fridge. He couldn't say that I didn't tell him then. I took my phone just in case. I was probably going to end up forced to spend the night at Spence's, so I'd just meet Dani somewhere and tell him that we went out to breakfast. Or something.

I knocked on the door to the Smiths' house, instinctively pulling my jacket tighter and pulling my hat lower so that the brim covered part of my face.

Spencer basically dragged me into the house and plopped me down on the couch. There was someone else on the couch, presumably Brendon, and Kate was undoubtably there too. I pulled my knees up in front of me and placed my head on them.

"Ryan," Spencer said. I rested my head on my knees.

"Come on, Ry. You can tell us anything," Brendon said. I closed my eyes and let the silent tears flow. So much for pretending nothing happened.

"Ryan." Her voice was a whisper. That's how I was sure she was there. Someone started rubbing my back soothingly. I looked up and realized it was her. Brendon and Spencer were nowhere to be found.

It was just the two of us.

Oh joy.

***

A/N: Fast update for all of you who made me smile so much. Thank you for the nice reviews and I love you for them. You all made me smile so much my face hurt. This was for you.

Maybe more tomorrow/the day after/soon if I get reviews/if my teachers decide to show me some love.
Sign up to rate and review this story