Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Your Guardian Angel

The Sharpest Lives Are The Deadliest To Lead

by renthead 0 reviews

Well it rains and it pours When you're out on your own If I crash on the couch Can I sleep in my clothes? 'Cause I've spent the night dancing I'm drunk, I suppose

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Humor, Romance - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-05-07 - Updated: 2007-05-07 - 1816 words

0Unrated
The Sharpest Lives Are The Deadliest To Lead

"Autumn?" Ray waved his hand in front of my face. I hardly noticed. I was too distracted by what Gerard was drawing. It was a girl, dressed in a beautiful gown, but there was what looked like blood on her hands and face. Gerard caught me at my staring and put the paper away.
"Yeah?" I said, finally going to eat my lunch.
"You going to Frank's party?" I made a face at his improper grammar.
"Frank...?"
"Iero," Gerard finished. "He's going out with one of Mikey's friends."
"Her name is Victoria. I don't know why, but whenever I'm around either of you, I feel something weird." Gerard just couldn't leave that alone.
"That's called an erection, Mikey. It's okay to like girls." He shrugged it off and continued.
"No, it's almost like an aura, not an /erection/," he rolled his eyes at what he thought was inappropriate. I wrung my fingers nervously.
"Whatever you say, dude," Gerard winked at Mikey.
"Autumn, what's your next class?" It was nice to know that Mikey was actually engaging in conversation. I forgot about the whole Frank thing for a while.
"English, why?" A smile spread across his small face.
"Victoria's in that class!" the bell rang as soon as he said that.
"Well, I'm sure I'll see her soon." I gathered my belongings, waved to Gerard and ran to seventh period.
Like the rest of the rooms at Belleville High, the English room was dimly lit, but this one had more of an ominous feeling to it. A girl sitting towards the back caught my eye. Her shorter, choppy, dark violet hair grabbed my attention. I sat down next to her, and almost immediately she asked the question I thought I'd never hear.
"Show me yours and I'll show you mine" she smiled at me. I hoped that what I was interpreting was what she meant. I gently tugged at my sweater sleeve, hardly revealing the cross that would be forever engraved into my wrist. The girl pulled at her pant leg and I barely saw hers, cleverly hidden with a bandage. She scribbled down something on a note and slipped it to me. I read and memorized her address as our teacher began to ramble about the importance of the english language.
"Come over to my place before the party." I shrugged my shoulders.
"I have to check with my mom first." She laughed.
"Stop that."
"Okay, okay."
"You're Victoria, right?"
"Yeah, and you're Autumn?"
"Wait for me outside the school, okay?"
"Sure..." The rest of the day went fast. My mind was focused more on Victoria and the party than my studies. Gerard caught up with me before I found Victoria.
"Hey, want me to walk you home?" he ran beside me. I walked backwards, wanting to see his face more and more.
"I would love that, but I'm going home with Victoria." I smiled
"Plus, my mother wouldn't exactly approve of you."
"What do you mean?"
"She'll think you're my boyfriend," I said, rolling my eyes. He began to giggle again.
"Why? There isn't anything wrong with me being your boyfriend..." I pushed him away and skipped down the steps.
"Ditch the eyeliner and I might think about it" I called after him.
"No fair!" he tried chasing me, but I could out run any of the people at our school. I found Victoria, and we ran away before Gerard could find us.
"So, your place or mine?" Victoria asked as my street loomed nearer.
"Ah...mine." I decided. My house was new, but I had already put up so many posters, I forgot what the colours of the walls were. It was something I had been proud of in Ohio; it would most certainly be something to be proud of here.
"Mom?" I called when I led Victoria into my small house.
"You can go to the party..." Damnit, she read my mind!
"But..." There was always a 'but' when you had to abide by the Law
"No drugs, no booze, no sex" I recited, rolling my eyes. I pulled Victoria up to my room before she could say anything else to embarrass me anymore. She stretched out on my bed when we escaped to my room.
"So, how did you get rid of your wings?" How did Victoria always ask the most awkward and annoying questions?
"W-what?"
"I used a butcher knife," she whispered and lifted the back of her shirt to show me the scars where her wings used to be.
"A crude, yet effective, way to dispose of the fuckers." My eyes must have been wide, she started laughing.
"I-I...My father was a human" I tried to keep my voice down, but Victoria completely killed the purpose.
"WHAT??" then she was the one with the wide eyes.
"Yeah, mind not yelling? My mother doesn't want me to tell anyone, but...well, you asked" She started smiling.
"Well, better not get too friendly with Gerard. You wouldn't want to make the same mistake as your mother." I pushed her off the bed.
"Or you with Frank..."
"Too late for that, sweetie."
"Stop it, now," I said, not believing what I was hearing.
"No joke. Probably gonna happen tonight, too." I covered my ears with the pillow.
"La la la- I'm not listening"
"You should...you never know with Gerard when he's drunk..." Unfortunately, I had caught the last thing she said.
"Gerard gets-"
"No," she said, a bit too quickly "I mean, you never know." She laughed nervously. "...it's Frank's party so there's bound to be beer," Victoria was obviously trying to hide something about Gerard.
"By the way," She tried to change the subject "Gerard is going to pick us up, Frank lives kind of far"
"That's why he doesn't go to our school?"
"No, he lives in Belleville, but he got caught hanging out with stoners, so his parents sent him to catholic school" I tried to ignore the idea that one of the stoners could have been Gerard.
"But his parents are out of town a lot, so his parties are frequent" I grabbed a blouse and threw it on, my back turned to Victoria.
"Oh boy, that's not suggestive..." She rolled her eyes when I turned around.
"Well, what you're wearing isn't any better"
"I like my corset, thank you very much!" The doorbell rang.
"I'll get it!" I ran to the front door and, surprise, surprise, it was Gerard.
"GEE!" Victoria came from behind me and hugged him.
"VICKY" She got a very stern look on her face.
"Don't call me that"
"Whatever...Autumn, wow, you look-"
"Terrible? You didn't have to tell me that one. Let's go"
"Well, I was going to say that you looked beautiful, but..." he trailed off mid sentence. He held open the car door and Victoria and I crawled into the back of the tiny car.
"You're driving??"
"Yeah, so put your seat belt on." I clicked it into the slot and pulled it pretty tightly. I looked over at Victoria; she was hiking up her mini, not putting her seat belt on. I thought she was crazy.
"It's more fun this way" I shook my head and gripped the seat as the car jerked to a start.
"So, what's Frank like?"
"He's a great fuck..." I sucked in a deep breath.
"Gerard...?"
"Sorry, A, but I would have to agree with Victoria" I put my head in my hands and laughed. We pulled into a narrow street that had an ominous feel to it. This Frank person just happened to live in the slums of Belleville. When we found his house, it wasn't too obvious that he was having a party there. I reached for the doorbell, but Gerard just barged in.
"FRANKIE!!" Victoria ran up to 'Frankie' and planted a kiss on his lips. Frank had long black hair, but not as long as Gerard's. He threw me a bottle of what I hoped (but knew wasn't) juice. I popped the top off and pretended to sip. If Gerard and I got wasted at the same time...I tried not to think about it. It wasn't a very long party. We watched a movie for about an hour, but Ray got bored and started playing Frank's guitar, Frank and Victoria disappeared into his bedroom, Mikey was in Frank's parents' library, reading himself into a coma, and Gerard had been in the bathroom for a while and I was starting to get worried about him. I turned off the television and tapped on the bathroom door.
"Gerard? Are...are you okay?" I heard him coughing.
"I'm f-fine" he stumbled out of the bathroom with a lazy smile. He fell onto the couch, picked up a half-empty bottle and started drinking. I pulled his hand away from his mouth.
"Gee, you need to stop..." But he shook his head and continued drinking. I pulled the drink out of his hand and told him more strictly this time.
"Gerard, you need to stop. Now." He stood up and tripped out to Frank's backyard, falling into a swing. I sat down next to him, trying to convince myself that this was a dream, a nightmare, rather. Gerard turned and cupped my face in his hands.
"Gee..?" He leaned his face in close to mine.
"You look beautiful in the moonlight..." he slurred. His lips met mine. I couldn't help but fall into it, his tongue parted our lips. But I had to pull away.
"Gerard, I-I have to take you home"
"What about..."
"She'll get a ride home. Come on." I led Gerard around to the front. The drive back to my house was a quiet one, I think Gerard passed out on the way home. He woke up when I tried to carry him into the house. I turned my back for half a second, and he had me on the couch.
"Don't..." His hands were slowly creeping up my shirt. I tried to push him off, but inhuman strength wouldn't work unless I changed. Being half human gave me the ability to change between forms, but I didn't want to hurt Gerard.
"Gee," I whimpered. He was undoing my buttons, pressing his lips harshly against my neck.
"Gerard!" I screamed it this time. Just my luck, my mother wasn't home. The booze began to wear off, but my broken heart wasn't.
"Autumn, I didn't-" He stood up and tried to reach out and comfort me, but I brushed him off. I ran up the stairs to my room, everything was blurred around the edges. He followed me, but I didn't care.
"Autumn, I'm sorry,"
"No," I whispered
"And I love you!" I started crying, hating the words I was dying to hear.
"LIAR!" I screamed and slammed the doors in his face.
Sign up to rate and review this story