Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > This Is How I Disappear

Twelve

by relaxrelapse 1 review

this is a long one! :)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-05-07 - Updated: 2007-05-07 - 1124 words

0Unrated
My eyes darted around the lunch room. All the boys were still in the long line to buy lunch except Frank. He sat at our usual spot alone, modestly eating his lunch. I quickly made my way over to him with my lunch and sat across from him.

"Hey Adele."

"Ello Frankie. How's it going?"

"Good." He took a bite of his sandwich. "You and Gee dating?"

"Uh yeah..."

"Awesomeness!" He held up his hand waiting for a high five. I pleased him and slapped his palm. "You two are cute together. Perfect match."

"Aw. Thank you Frankie. So how is your love life?"

"Dead." I laughed lightly. "Well I do like this one girl. Her name is Jamia. But I don't want to ask her out."

"Why not?"

"I don't really know. It doesn't feel right yet."

"Well you ask her when you're good and ready, boy. She couldn't turn you down." I ruffled his hair and dug into my plastic looking meatloaf. Why did Americans make something called MEATLOAF? Do you realise how unattractive and unappetizing that sounds? A loaf of meat, not bread, but meat.

"You're right." Frank said.

"Huh?"

"Meat loaf is a really ugly name for it."

"Can you read minds or was I talking out loud without knowing it?"

"Both." He said with a chuckle and flashed those beautiful white teeth of his. I wonder if he bleached them.... The rest of the blokes finally managed to buy lunch and came and sat down with us. Gerard was last to the table. As he sat down Ray snickered and said,

"Hey /Chanel/." Gerard's head snapped up.

"What?" Ray, Bob and Frank burst into a laughing fit.

"Adele you told them!?" Gerard shrieked. I held up both my hands as if caught in the middle of a stick up.

"I didn't tell a soul I swear!" He slowly turned his head and shot a glare at Mikey who almost fell out of his seat laughing.

"I'm sorry!" He yelled. Gerard hit his head against the table. We all laughed harder and eventually a smile broke onto Gerard's face. He began laughing as well. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around. A short girl with blonde hair stood in front of me.

"C-can I maybe sit with you? I'm new here..." From the table next to us you could hear Gwen "cough" the word emo into her hands.

"Of course you can doll. Here take my seat until I get back." I walked to Gwen and tapped her on the shoulder she turned around and gave me a disgusted look.

"Can I help you Adele?"

"Yes you can. Please refrain from coughing/saying/writing rude comments to and towards my friends and I. You are a genuine whore and no one takes you or what you think seriously. Please drop off the face of the earth or go back to hooker land. And take your cheap, fake Louis Vitton purses with you." I turned on my heel and walked back to the table taking a seat on the other side of Gerard. He leaned over and whispered in my ear,

"Looks like you've learned American terms."

"Hmm?"

"Whore? Hooker?" I laughed and looked over to see the blonde girl from earlier sitting quietly.

"I'm Adele. You are?"

"Oh I'm Fiona."

"Where did you move from Fiona?"

"Florida. Its so different here. Cold."

"Ha. Cold is right."

"The people are cold too."

"Except us. I'm gonna have to say I am quite warm." Ray said. We all laughed.

"Yeah you guys are great. Welcoming the new girl and all."

"You have no idea." Bob said and looked at me. I smiled at him and he rolled his eyes.

"So what do you guys do for fun around here?" Fiona asked poking her meatloaf with a plastic fork.

"We party hard."

"Really?"

"If you consider causing mischief everywhere we go then yes." I said after I sipped the coke on the table.


"Yeah occasionally one of us will dress up like girl."

"We're all fun and games!" Bob yelled. The girl looked quite amused by all of us.

"I think I like you guys."

"Wow, we like you." I said. She snickered and placed her hands in her lap. "Want to hang after school, Fiona?"

"Totally!" She exclaimed. Her eyes were sparkling.

"Can I sit here?" I heard a sniffle and looked up. Everyone else was busy wrapped up in pointless conversations. I was the only one who saw and heard Alicia.

"Are you okay?" I asked after I saw her puffy red eyes and tear stained cheeks. We both began walking to the bathroom. She sat on the counter as I ran a paper towel under warm water. I started to wipe away the make-up that ran down her face. She sniffled some more.

"What happened?"

"Amelia and I got in this big fight. She called me so many things. And I-" she sobbed and brought me into a tight hug. I rubbed her back and let her cry on my shoulder. I honestly only talked to Alicia in History class on occasion but I guess she felt like she could trust me.

"What Alicia? What did she say?"

"She brought up my dad. She threw it in my face!" Her dad. Alicia's dad was a drunk. He hit her all the time, some days I would make up excuses when one of the guys would say something to her about her newest collection of bruises and cuts. I would defend her from Gwen and her posse. I always thought her best friend, Amelia, would be there for her but it's apparent now that she just wants to be another Gwen clone.

"I'm so sorry, darling. She isn't worth getting upset over. She's not a good friend, Alicia."

"You're right. She never was. She was always so caught up in being like Gwen. Dumb whore..." She laughed a little into my shirt then picked herself up and off me and the counter. She stood there wiping away extra tears and fixing stray hairs across her face.

"You sit with us from now on. If you tell the guys about your dad, they would support you all the way. We wouldn't ever hold it against you."

"Promise?"

"Promise." I said grabbing her hand in mine. She grinned so big almost all her teeth were visible. We walked out of the bathroom and made our way back to the table. She sat down and stood there quietly.

"Hey loves, we have another new addition to the table." I looked over everyone smiled at Alicia but Mikey the biggest. The glances they shared throughout the entire lunch hour were quite adorable.
Sign up to rate and review this story