Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter versus Predator

Recreation and Investigation

by Quillian 1 review

Even Predators know how to have fun...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover - Characters: Harry - Published: 2005-11-10 - Updated: 2005-11-10 - 857 words

0Unrated
DISCLAIMER: See Ch. 1.

A/N: Well, time for yet another chapter of this story!

IMPORTANT NOTE: OK, before I go any further with this, I think I should just say now that there won't be much of a story to this, but at the same time, it won't be most or all action and little or no plot (which was a pitfall with the AVP movie fell into). I just hope this works...

CHAPTER 5: Recreation and Investigation

Ka'link wasn't hunting at the moment. Well, not hunting as in the serious sense in which his kind often did so. Here, he was hunting just for fun.

So, instead of going after highly armed and dangerous opponents, he was amusing himself by killing off some petty human thugs and criminals.

Well, even if it wouldn't actually earn him any clan honor, it still made good practice and acted as a sort of recreational way to pass time.

Besides... Ka'link liked to think of it as doing a sort of "community service" to humans, who faced crime among their own kind as a major issue.

Right now, he was in the sprawling human metropolis known as "New York City," and had already sliced up more than a dozen "street punks" who would try to rob innocent victims of their valuables, maybe even kill them.

Once he heard the sirens of law enforcement vehicles heading his way, Ka'link decided he'd done enough of this for today and retreated up to a rooftop with his cloaking technology activated.

It was only a few hours until midnight, and once that came, he ran along relatively deserted streets, cloaking still engaged, until he made it to a patch of forest several miles away where he could be picked up by his clan ship.

Later, on board the ship...

Ka'link was going over information collected by his fellows who also decided to try hunting "magical" beings and other creatures. Using their advanced technology, these Yaut'ja hunters had constructed a database of magical spells by matching the incantations to the spells they produced. In fact, one Yaut'ja even broke into a Wizarding "bookstore" (a place where tomes of knowledge were sold), taken as many "spellbooks" as he could find, and had painstakingly converted the text into the Yaut'ja language so they could get a better idea of what they would be up against.

Ka'link thanked his friends and began to formulate a preliminary plan for a personal mission of his own: To observe the young wizard known as Harry Potter.

A few days later...

Ka'link was done observing this Harry Potter. Apparently, he was starting his training in the Wizarding world's own kind of law enforcement, where he was already excelling.

An important thing which Ka'link had observed was that Harry Potter detested this fame and reputation which had been thrust on to him, as well as the tales and rumors about him that frequently went around. Based on that, Ka'link decided not to acquire any tomes or records on him, since the facts written within could be false or misconstrued.

What really fascinated Ka'link was some of the possessions which Harry Potter owned. Among them was a carved shaft of wood which could be used for flying, as well as a cloak which could make the wearer invisible.

Ka'link was now really looking forward to fighting this Harry Potter. If he won, the honor he would gain for himself and for his clan would undoubtedly skyrocket.

Now, all he needed was just a little downtime so he could relax from all the hard and boring yet necessary work of research...

"Hello, Ka'link," said one of his friends as he approached him. "We just found a hideout of these terrifying magical creatures known as /vampires/. It turns out they can only be killed in a few certain select ways. You want to join us?"

"Sure, why not?" Ka'link said with a laugh.

The following hunt proved to be difficult and deadly, and yet at the same time, exhilarating and gratifying. From the middle of the night onward, Ka'link and a small group of his friends chased and pursued vampires in a cold mountain range. Just moments before the sun's rays began to shine over the horizon at dawn, Ka'link managed to trap one in a small cave. By a freak accident, Ka'link managed to kill it by reflecting the sunlight off his disc, which he was about to throw at it in an attempt to take its head off. The screaming vampire disintegrated into dust, eliciting momentary shock from the alien hunters. A moment later, however, Ka'link's friends all laughed, since Ka'link now wouldn't be able to save the head as a trophy. Undaunted, Ka'link merely took out a spare container he had with him and collected the vampire's ashes in there.

"Well, that was fun," Ka'link said with a cheerful laugh to his friends who had stopped laughing. "So who or what shall we hunt next?"

(End of Chapter 5.)

A/N: Well, I think this went well...

OK, so I think next chapter is where we'll see what Ka'link is up to in the meantime...
Sign up to rate and review this story