Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > Snapshots of the Soul

Simple Words

by feawen 0 reviews

Logan and Jean, what more need I say?

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Jean Grey, Wolverine - Published: 2007-05-11 - Updated: 2007-05-11 - 310 words

0Unrated
Snapshots of the Soul

Simple Words

She hadn't spoken yet. It had been four hours, almost exactly, since she had argued with Scott and the fearless leader had stormed off into the night. Logan had been in their bedroom, the room that he and Jean now shared, when he had heard raised voices in the silent midnight mansion. The slamming of a door. The roar of a motorbike. Fading into silence once more. And she hadn't spoken yet.

He waited for an hour longer, as she lay on the bed, not sleeping, eyes locked blankly on the shadow he cast from the little lamp by the bedside as he paced around the room. But finally he could wait no longer. He stopped pacing "Are you gonna tell me what happened?"

"Why the fuck do you care?"

The violence of her response shocked him "I'll admit I've never been that fond of your boy scout, but I sure as hell..." Logan trailed off. Jean gazed at him for a moment, seeming to contemplate him.

"Don't you dare" he began.

"I'm not going to" she assured him. But she wanted to "I'm sure you can guess what happened anyway" she continued.

"Tell me"

"I told him I was sorry for hurting him, he told me I was a slut and left"

"He called you a slut? When he gets back I'll finally decapitate him"

"He's not coming back"

"Oh ... I can't pretend I'm not pleased"

"I know. But, he's not a bad guy, Logan, and I've hurt him so much..."

"So what are you saying? Are you going to follow him?"

"He loves me"

"And you think I don't?"

"I have no idea! You've never told me!"

He came over and sat down next to her on the bed.

"I love you, Jean, please stay"

She let out a long breath.

"Okay"
Sign up to rate and review this story