Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > Cursed

Chapter five

by Tenoko 1 review

Squall tilted his head to the side "I find it rather funny to see you so flustered.""I'm glad I'm only here for your amusement." He grit out through clenched teeth.

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Kairi, Riku, Sephiroth, Sora, Yuffie - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-11-14 - Updated: 2005-11-14 - 4188 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: Me no ownie Disclaimer: Me no ownie.

AJ: You're making a rpg?
Tenoko: Yeah.
AJ: How?
Tenoko: It's a computer program called RPGmaker XP.
AJ: Is it any good?
Tenoko: What? The game or the program?

Cursed

They stood there, nearly back to back but for the wall that separated them.
"So?" Riku pressed, and he heard the shift of fabric as Vincent moved,
"So what?"
Heaving a sigh of impatience, Riku rolled his eyes,
"What did he say?" He demanded, "Don't come? It's okay to come? Eat it and die? What?"
Vincent Valentine chuckled,
"I wouldn't know."
Riku clenched his teeth,
"Then why am I talking to you?"
"Because I have the response from your human."
The muscle in his jaw flexed in irritation,
"You just said-"
"I said I didn't know his response," Vincent interrupted, "I never said he didn't give one." He added, holding up a white envelope between his fingers. Riku quickly snatched it away before Vincent decided to play more games with him.
"Tell Rikku and Gippal I said 'thanks'."
"You're only going to get yourself in more trouble." The dark man warned him, but Riku ignored him, disappearing into thin air and reappearing on the roof of the massive fortress. Despite the fact that he hated being underground, Riku's favorite spot was the roof of the castle, probably because he could see everything from there. But then again, he liked hanging out on roofs Aboveground, too.
Making himself comfortable, he tore into the white envelope, carefully unfolding the letter inside, smirking in amusement when he saw the smiley face doodle with sharp fangs in the corner.
Riku,
I'm sorry I got you put on restriction, and yeah it'd be great to see you again once you get off, if it won't get you in anymore trouble, that is. And don't worry, you haven't caused me any trouble, actually it would seem I've caused you all the trouble. I mean, you've gotten into fights with Rikku and the others because of me, you nearly got into it with Squall, and now your masters or whatever are mad at you. I want us to be friends, but only if it won't get you in any trouble. K? ^_^V See ya when you get off restriction!
Sora

Riku tucked the letter in his pocket, chuckling to himself. Sora worried entirely too much about him, which was kinda cute. It had been a long time since Riku had had anyone concerned about his well being, and yet, even though Sora knew Riku couldn't die, he was still worried about him.
Tomorrow he got off restriction. Tomorrow, he would go and see Sora. Hell, if he didn't kiss him the moment he laid eyes on him too. Riku didn't know what it was about the brunette, but Riku couldn't get him out of his head. Maybe it was because of the fact that when they were together Riku completely forget they were so different, destined to be enemies. Maybe.
He disappeared and reappeared in one of the east wings of the castle, roaming down the dark corridors lit by flaming torches and haunted by the darkest shadows. This was where his room was. Last door on the right. It was a massive room with a fireplace and a four-poster canopy bed with dark bedding in thick, rich fabrics. Like all vampires, he had a coffin, but he didn't use it, it was stuck in a corner hidden behind a separation curtain. It was a subtle attempt to defy the masters; sleep in a bed like a human and forget that he was considered the damned. Vincent was one of the only ones that actually slept in his coffin. The stupid things were horribly uncomfortable, not to mention cramped. Riku had never cared for closed-in spaces, somewhat claustrophobic, he guessed.
Ever cautious, Riku threw the letter Sora had written him in the fire, so that there wouldn't be any chance of the masters or anyone else getting their hands on it. Last thing he needed right now was for the masters to come down on him or Sora for having contact when they weren't suppose to. Ansem and Sephiroth could go screw themselves, or hell, even each other for all Riku cared. He paused, making a face at the thought of the two men together. That was disgusting.
"You suck on a lemon or something?" Squall asked, stepping out of the shadows, and Riku whirled around to glare at him,
"Who said you could come in here?"
"I wasn't aware I needed your approval." He told him, casually taking a seat by the fire. Riku set his jaw,
"This is my room. Don't you have your own room to inhabit?"
"Yes, but I'm here for the company, not the room." He told him, placing his hands in his lap, and tilting his head.
Seeing he wasn't going to be able to get rid of him easily, Riku sighed and plopped down in the chair across from him,
"What?"
"You're off restriction tomorrow." Squall comment casually; Riku blinked at him.
"Yeah. And?"
The brunette shrugged,
"Nothing, just curious if you were aware of it."
"I'm counting off the hours/, so surely you must have realized I would be aware of the /days left."
The other male chuckled in amusement, nodding,
"I suppose so. Why do you hate it here so much? It really isn't that bad, despite the lack of all modern conveniences."
"Namely it's the company I find so intolerable."
Squall frowned at him,
"I was under the impression we were friends."
Riku sighed in irritation,
"You know what I mean. The masters. Their puppets. Others like you, I have no quarrels with."
"Like Cloud and Gippal."
Riku rolled his eyes,
"Yes, like them, what do you want a list?!"
The corner of Squall's mouth curved up in a smirk,
"You're awfully impatient today, even more so then normal."
"Being stuck Underground for three months can do that to you."
"But it's only been a month for Sora."
"Sora isn't down here/, and Sora doesn't /hate where he's at."
Brushing his hair out of his face, Squall smiled lazily,
"Honestly, you make it sound as though you were living in Hell."
Riku shot him a look,
"You make it sound as though you think I should like it here."
Squall sent a look heavenward,
"God no! The only people who like it here are the masters and people like Seifer. Power hungry, egomaniacs."
"You seem to spend a lot of time down here." Pointed out Riku, and Squall shrugged,
"I don't have a choice. I can only go Aboveground so many times in a month unless sent by one of my superiors, and when I do go, it'll be to see Rinoa."
Riku frowned at him,
"Doesn't that make things awkward between you? That she's a slayer and you're a vampire?"
Squall shook his head,
"No. She's a small town slayer. She lives in a small town that never changes in the middle of nowhere. The only vampires she ever runs across are newbies looking for a stray meal. When you care about someone, the differences between you don't matter so much anymore."
Riku shrugged,
"I'll take your word for it." He fixed him with a look, "So what did you come here for?"
Squall raised a brow,
"What do you mean?"
"What do I have to do to get you to leave?"
"You have something more important to do then talk to me?" Challenged the brunette with an amused smirk that bordered on cocky.
Riku glanced longingly at his bed,
"I had planned on sleeping as long as possible so that when I wake up I'd be off restriction."
"Ah yes, I'm sure staring at the back of your eyelids is a much better way to spend your time then talking to a comrade."
"It is when you're impatient to change the scenery beyond your eyelids."
"Want a change of scenery? Take a walk."
"You know what I mean." Riku told him shortly, growling in frustration before throwing his hands up, "What is it with all of you today? Is it 'Annoy Riku Day' or something? First, Seymour was bugging me in the library, and then Vincent was toying with me about Sora, and now you!"
Squall tilted his head to the side,
"I don't know about them, but I find it rather funny to see you so flustered."
"I'm glad I'm only here for your amusement." He grit out through clenched teeth.
Waving him off, Squall shook his head,
"Not just for my amusement. You and I are in the same boat now. The elders have us under watch because we're in some form of a relationship with a human."
"Is that all there is to talk about? The fact that I'm friends with a human."
"You're calling yourselves friends now? From what I heard, the two of you had quite the make-out scene the last time you were Aboveground."
"We didn't make-out. I kissed him. A kiss. One. Not multiple times or even for extended amounts of time. A couple of seconds, big deal, what's it to you? You're the one who's actually sleeping with a human."
"Yes, but I am in love with Rinoa. I've known her for years. You've known your human-"
"Quit calling him my human!" Riku snapped, "He isn't mine! We're friends, he doesn't belong to me."
"According to Gippal, he's wearing your medallion." Squall offered coyly, causing Riku to roll his eyes again,
"How did I know this was going to be brought up?" He nodded, "Yes, he has on the medallion I had. I gave it to him, how else am I suppose to protect him when I can't even get to him?" He touched the medallion hanging from around his neck, "Besides, I got a new one anyways so it's not like he knows it was mine."
"No, but if the masters find out, they'll be coming to talk to you."
"They can rot in their coffins for all I care."
"Don't let them find out you said that or else you'll never be able to get off restriction."
"Were that to happen, I would find the nearest human and hand them a stake."
"What would become of Sora with you no longer around to protect him?"
"With me dead, actually /dead/, the vampires have no reason to target him, and if he should run into trouble, he knows where to find YuRiPa." He told him with a shrug.
Squall stood to his feet,
"Well in that case, I suppose I'd best let you get to your sleep. The sooner you get to sleep the sooner your realize you're off restriction."
"Then why are you still here?" Riku challenged.

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Yuffie pounced on Sora from behind, hanging on his back as though he were giving her a piggyback ride.
"Yuffie!" he cried out in surprise as she giggled, hugging him tightly.
"Carry me, Sora!" She pleaded, causing Kairi to giggle.
Sora twisted his neck so that he could glare at the wannabe ninja that grinned at him,
"Yuffie, get down."
She shook her head stubbornly,
"Not until you give me a ride."
"Yuffie, I'm not a taxi, or even a tree for you to climb. Now get down before I make you wish you'd let go sooner."
She snorted,
"What are you going to do?" She wriggled on his back, "C'mon! Just the rest of the way through the park!"
He quickly dropped to his back in the middle of the grassy opening, causing Yuffie to cry out in alarm.
"Oof!" Certainly the wind had been knocked out of her, she might have been even seeing stars, but he had warned her. Luckily for him though, she softened his fall. Not so luck for Yuffie. Kairi was nearly hysterical with laughter, holding her sides and swaying on her feet as she laughed whole-heartedly. Yuffie released Sora, allowing him to stand to his feet before he turned to grin down at her,
"I warned you." he told her, offering her a helping hand up. She slapped the hand away, glaring at him as she stood on her own,
"Some friend you are. Nearly crush me with that concrete skull of yours, I almost thought I'd been tackled by a beached whale." Kairi only laughed harder, tears streaming down her face, as Sora shoved Yuffie playfully. She shoved him back. He shoved her again, causing her to tackle him to the ground, before standing over him and laughing. "See how you like it!"
He grinned and jumped up, taking off after her as she shrieked and sprinted away.
"Run, Yuffie, run!" Kairi cheered, laughing again, as she took off after them both. The three of them dashed through the park, around trees and through bushes, the shadows of the night concealing them from the oblivious world.
"Last one home is as fat as a beached whale!" Yuffie cried, turning the game of chase into a race.
"Well then get to the back of the race, Yuffie!" Sora yelled at her, earning an indignant cry from the brunette.
"I am NOT as fat as a beached whale, thank you very much!"
She argued as Sora caught up with her, he turned his head to wink at her,
"You must be, since you're going to lose this race!" he told her, easily passing her up, causing her to cry out in frustration at having been bested in her own game.
"Sora, you get back here you cheater!"
He only laughed, continuing to run through the low brush and trees, darting between the shadows as his feet pounded the near frozen ground and his breath came out in white puffs.
"Sora." A voice whispered in his ear, causing him to come to a dead halt. Unfortunately, he forgot about the frost covered earth beneath his tennis shoes, causing him to lose his balance and go sliding forward, landing awkwardly on his back, looking up in a daze.
Riku's amused face grinned down at him,
"We have to quit meeting like this." He told him.
Sora shook his head, blinking in confusion before realizing he really was looking at Riku. He scrambled to his feet,
"Riku!"
Riku chuckled, waving,
"Hiya."
"What are you doing here? Are you finally off restriction? You aren't going to get in trouble for being here are you?"
Riku shrugged,
"I came to see you. Yes. And who cares?"
Sora frowned at him,
"I care! I don't want to cause you any trouble."
Riku titled his head to the side, eyes traveling over Sora's form,
"Nice coat." He commented casually, causing Sora to look down at his coat,
"Huh? Oh. Rikku got it for me. Kairi and I were talking about having to get coats for the winter, she over heard us and got some coats from a friend of hers for us." Riku nodded, but said nothing in response. "So, um, you've been... back home for three months?" Sora questioned, careful of his wording in case anyone else was nearby. "What is there to do there?"
Riku rolled his eyes turning away,
"Nothing but go crazy." He raked a hand through his hair, "God, I thought I would go insane."
"It's that bad, huh?" Riku shot him a look that made Sora laugh, and Riku smirked in amusement too.
"Trust me, I couldn't wait to get back here."
Sora nodded,
"Well, I missed seeing you around, so I'm glad you're back." He told him honestly, blushing slightly in embarrassment, and thankful for the cover of night so that his pink cheeks were hidden. "So, like, what do you do when you're here? Where do you stay?"
They began walking along a long forgotten trail, the race back to the church completely forgotten.
"I find ways to spend my money. I have an apartment not far from here actually."
"Spend your money? You have a job? What kind?"
Riku winked at him,
"I've learned a lot in my time so basically anything I want to do, I can do." He laughed, "I even had a clothing line once."
"A clothing line?" Sora asked incredulously, "Isn't that only for gay guys who wish they'd been born girls?"
Riku shot him and look, and Sora laughed.
"/No/! I did it for kicks. I tried to think of something I'd never done, something I probably wouldn't be any good at, and then I did it! What do you know? I made millions."
"Millions?!" Echoed Sora, causing Riku to laugh,
"Yeah, go figure. So, then, I do whatever for a while, spending my money and disappearing from the world so that when I reappear no one thinks it's odd or even remembers me."
Sora nodded in understanding,
"I get it. So you make enough that you could live off of for a long time, and then you simply disappear until you have to make more, right?"
Riku nodded,
"Basically."
"You said you live near here, where?"
A sexy grin made it's way across Riku's face,
"Not too far. Wanna go?"
Sora nodded eagerly, crossing his arms,
"It's getting too cold for us to be hanging around outside like this."
"Should you let your friends know where you are?" Questioned Riku as they turned down another path.
Shaking his head, Sora frowned,
"Nah. I'll just explain I ran into a friend, they won't care; it's not like it's the first time any one of us will get home late."
Riku nodded,
"So how have things been for you since I've been gone? The others haven't given you any trouble have they?"
Sora shook his head again,
"No, not at all. Really I haven't even seen them. I mean, I saw Cloud the day he came to see me, I only saw Gippal the night I met him, and other then that, Rikku has acted as the middleman."
Riku grinned at him as they emerged from the park and onto the paved road,
"It's kinda weird, isn't it? Going from seeing us all at once to not seeing ay of us at all?"
Sora shrugged, stuffing his hands into his pockets,
"I guess." He turned his head to look at the silver haired male, "Cloud said that you rule where you're from, or more your masters do. What's up with that?"
"Technology is limited there and people are highly superstitious, almost religiously so. They could over throw us if they simply got over their fear long enough to ban together, but they never do." He shook his head, "That's something I've never understood throughout history. A single person can hold an entire country beneath his thumb, leaving them all quaking in fear at the very mention of his name, but if those people simply worked together they could easily overthrow him. I mean, after all, it's only one man." He glanced at Sora, "A lot of dictators in history were one of my kind, too, you know."
Sora's eyebrows shot up,
"Really?! Like who?"
"Read your history book and find out." He told him playfully as they approached an old brick building. Sora stopped in the middle of the street, looking up at it,
"You live here?"
"Top floor, all to myself." He told him, heading around behind the building. "We could go in the front, but I prefer not to have much contact with the other residence that live here, so I take the back stairs. You don't mind, do you? If you want we can take a short cut."
Sora frowned at the back of his head,
"Shortcut? What like an elevator or something?"
Riku turned around to face him,
"Something like that. Wanna try it out?"
Innocently, Sora nodded,
"Yeah, okay."
Riku snaked his arms around the younger boy's waist, causing him to gasp in surprise as he was hauled against Riku,
"Close your eyes..." Riku whispered in his ear, transporting them from the dark alley to the living room of his home. He stepped away from Sora, smirking in amusement at the boy whose eyes were screwed tightly shut as though he were bracing himself for an impact. Slowly, carefully, he opened one eye looking around before opening both eyes fully to take in his surroundings in shock and surprise,
"Whoa! How'd you do that?"
Riku winked at him again, removing his coat and hanging it up,
"Trick of the trade." He motioned towards the living room, "Take off your coat, make yourself comfortable."
Sora nodded, removing his own jacket and hanging it next to Riku's, as the other male made his way into the kitchen,
"Do you want something to drink?"
"Nah. Hey, can I look around? This is the biggest apartment I have EVER been in."
"Yeah sure, but if you go in my room, just don't touch my coffin." He laughed out loud when he saw the brunette freeze in his tracks, "I'm kidding. There isn't a coffin, I sleep in a bed."
Sora laughed nervously, scratching the back of his head,
"That was a good one, you almost had me freaking out. It would be kind weird to go in someone's room and see a coffin." He frowned, "But I thought vampires slept in coffins."
Riku shrugged,
"Some do. Mostly the elders do, the rest of us have a coffin, but we sleep in a bed instead."
"So you DO have a coffin?" Sora pressed, and Riku nodded,
"Yeah, comes with the territory. Don't worry, it isn't here though, it's back in the Underground, in my room there. Even there I still sleep in a bed."
Sora shook his head, continuing with his exploration,
"That is so weird..."
"I'm full of surprises, huh?" Questioned Riku with a laugh, causing the brunette boy to laugh,
"That's an understatement."
He laughed again when he heard Sora let out another exclamation of surprise,
"Just how much money do you have to have a place like this?!"
Riku took a seat on the sofa, shrugging casually,
"Let's just put it this way: I could buy out Opera, Bill Gates, and Hugh Hephner like it was pocket change."
Sora stuck his head out look enough to offer an incredulous look before disappearing down the hall again.
"Why do you ever leave this place? It's absolutely great!" he asked, his voice traveling down the hall.
"Gotta get fresh air sometime."
"Can't you just have some shipped in?" Sora questioned, causing Riku to laugh.
"I'm sure I could find someone that sells fresh air on eBay, sure."
Sora reentered the living room, sitting next to Riku and dropping his head back to the cushion on the couch as he stared up at the ceiling,
"This has to be the coolest place I've ever been in." He lifted his head to look at Riku, "Oh, and there's some guy with long hair and a cape in your closet, is that normal?"
"Do what?!"
"I'm kidding, I'm kidding!" Laughed Sora, "Payback for the coffin scare you gave me."
"Funny guy." Stated Riku dryly, causing the brunette to laugh again,
"I know."
Riku tilted his head at Sora,
"So how are things going for the three of you at the church? It's suppose to get colder then it's gotten in this city in ten years this winter. Are you sure you won't freeze?"
Waving him off, Sora assured him,
"We're fine. If it get's too cold or we run out of wood for the night, we'll go to the Salvation Army."
"Well, if you ever want, you could come here. I'll give you a key."
Sora laughed,
"Yeah, and we'd also get arrested for undoubtedly breaking into your apartment and attempting to rob you blind."
"You'd have a key." Riku assured him, and Sora only laughed again.
"Which we swiped from you when we mugged you in the alleyway. Thanks, but no thanks."
Riku smirked,
"I guess it would look somewhat odd, wouldn't it?"
Sora merely grinned and nodded, before standing to his feet and walking over to the window, pushing the dark curtain aside slightly,
"I'll bet the view is always great from up here."
"My view is always nice." Riku breathed in his ear, causing Sora to suck in a sharp breath, letting the curtain fall back into place. Riku smirked in amusement leaning in closer to the boy, "Do I make you nervous? You're always falling down at my feet or nearly jumping away."
Sora swallowed hard, furiously contemplating the weave in the curtain.
"You don't make me n-nervous." He turned to face him, "Highly aware, yes, but nervous, no."
Riku raised a brow,
"Aware? Aware of what?"
Sora's tongue darted out across his petal pink lips,
"Of my senses. My touch sensation. My personal space. How close you are..."
Riku leaned in closer, a hair's breath between them,
"How close am I?"
Sora licked his lips again, eyes falling on Riku's ever-seductive mouth,
"Very close..."

TBC

Tenoko: Hahaha! I couldn't help but end it there!
AJ: (/Slaps/) You are evil!
Tenoko: Ow! Oh, and I know! I excel at it.
AJ: I know!
Sign up to rate and review this story