Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > Cursed

Chapter six

by Tenoko 1 review

He once again cupped the side of Sora's face. "Hear what I'm saying now. No matter what happens, I will always come back to you."

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Cloud, Kairi, Leon, Riku, Sephiroth, Sora, Yuffie - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-11-29 - Updated: 2005-11-29 - 4245 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: Me no ownie Disclaimer: Me no ownie.

AJ: So how's your game coming.
Tenoko: Slowly. Making an rpg is time consuming.
AJ: What did you expect?
Tenoko: (shrugs)

Cursed

"How close am I?" Riku questioned, and Sora licked his lips again, his eyes falling on Riku's ever-seductive mouth.
"Very close."
Riku smirk turned devious as he turned on his heel with a shrug,
"Well in that case, I wouldn't want to intrude on your personal space."
Sora blinked, shaking his head in surprise,
"Hey! You can't just do that!" he cried out indignantly.
Riku turned to him, raising a curious brow,
"Do what?" he asked innocently.
"Come on like you're fixing to start something and then just turn it off like that." he exclaimed, irritated.
Riku stepped closer to him again,
"Start something? I don't know what you mean." He tilted his head slightly, a cocky smirk forming on that perfect mouth of his, "Were you hoping I'd start something?"
Sora glared at him angrily before pushing past him and heading for the door,
"I don't have time for this, I need to get home!" he stated, reaching for his coat.
Riku was in front of him, then, grabbing his wrist lightly,
"What's the rush? Have a seat. Relax." he told him, pushing him back on the couch, leaving the boy sprawled out and staring up at the ceiling in surprise.
Riku crawled up the length of his body to straddle his hips, pinning the boy's arms up by the sides of his head,
"If you thought I was going to start something, I suppose I should then." He nipped at Sora's neck, causing him to gasp, "But the problem is," he drawled, kissing his jaw, "Where should I start?"
Sora glared at him angrily,
"The only way you're getting anywhere with me is if you force me."
Riku smirked at him,
"I'll only force you if you want me to."
"If I wanted you to you wouldn't be forcing me, now would you?"
"He has a point." Cloud stated, causing both of them to turn in surprise. The blond glanced at them, "I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't go any further until after I've left."
Riku released Sora's arms, but didn't get off of him, instead, twisted the upper half of his body to face Cloud,
"What are you doing here?"
Cloud turned to face him,
"I came to warn you before the two of you went too far. If you bind yourself to Sora, the elders will find out, it's just something they know when it happens. Which would cause you both more trouble."
"I have no intention of binding myself to anyone." Sora told them stubbornly, vainly pushing on Riku in order to try and make him get up. He might as well have been pushing on the Great Wall of China for all he moved him. "Get off of me, Riku!"
Riku smirked at him, thoroughly pleased with himself,
"No." He turned back to Cloud, "Then what do you suggest?"
Cloud ran a hand through his hair,
"You'll have to do like Sora said and force him, otherwise the elders will get mad." He shook his head, "It's amazing, they don't care if we take a whore or force ourselves on a human, but if it's consensual, they get mad."
"You could always tell them it was rape, since you're suppose to report back."
Cloud raised a brow,
"Is that what you want me to say?"
Riku shrugged, one hand resting over Sora's heart,
"Only if we go that far, which I'm sure you'll know if we do."
"Which we /won't/, now get off!" Ordered Sora, attempting to push him away again. Riku looked down at him, almost as though his feelings were hurt,
"What's the matter, Sora? You act as though you were mad at me."
The brunette pushed himself up onto his forearms, glaring at the silver-headed male on top of him,
"Gee, I wonder why? You keep messing with my head and then using it against me!" He gave him another hard shove, "Now. Get. Off."
Cloud waved his hand,
"Okay, okay. If you go that far, it was rape, just make sure not to mark him, okay?"
Riku nodded to him, batting Sora's hands away.
"Okay."
The blond man disappeared into thin air, causing Sora to frown at the spot where he'd just stood,
"Where'd he go?"
"He's over at YuRiPa's. Killing time until you go back home."
Sora turned his frown on Riku,
"How do you know?"
Riku leaned into him with a shrug,
"It's where he always goes when he can't go see Aeris." He lightly grabbed Sora's wrists again, kissing his jaw once more, "Now where were we?"
"We were about to go our separate ways. You were going to stay, and I was going to leave." Sora told him stubbornly.
Riku smiled into his throat,
"What if I don't want you to go yet?"
"You'll get over it." He told him, jerking his hands out of Riku's grasp with relative ease.
Riku relaxed more, laying on top of the younger boy with his head on his shoulder, causing Sora to go rigid again.
"Don't go yet." Requested Riku softly, closing his eyes as he felt Sora rest one arm over his thigh. He lifted his head to look Sora in the eyes, "You don't have to stay long, but just..." he paused, attempting to figure out just what it was he wanted of the boy, "just don't go yet." He shook his head, "I haven't seen you in three months. You were the main reason I wanted to come back, so just stay for a little while longer."
Sora frowned at him, before nodding slowly,
"Okay." His eyes narrowed in determination, "But I'm not sleeping with you."
Riku quirked an eyebrow,
"Sex? No. But stay the night anyway." He told him, flipping them over so that Riku was on bottom and Sora lay on his chest. The brunette blinked at the sudden change in position before frowning slightly in confusion at the male beneath him. Riku smiled at him, "I promise not to lay a hand on you."
Sora curled up next to him on the couch,
"I'm not worried about that." He told him, yawning. "I'll stay, but tomorrow, you have to meet my friends so they won't be worried about who I'm with or that I'm keeping things from them."
Riku grabbed the afghan off the back of the couch, placing it over both of them,
"Fair enough."
Sora yawned again, snuggling further into the warmth of Riku's body,
"Goodnight, Riku..."
The silver headed male ran a hand through his spiky brown locks,
"Goodnight... Sora."

Kairi held Sora back as Riku and Yuffie walked on ahead talking casually.
"Where'd you meet your friend, Sora?" She asked in a hushed whisper, her eyes closely following the male in question.
Sora glanced at him,
"Riku? I ran into him the night I met Rikku and others. Literally, I mean. I crashed right into him."
"He's kinda cute, but he seems kinda dangerous, don't you think?" She asked, turning her worried blue eyes on him. "Like the way he dresses and the way he acts, they just give off this vibe..."
He waved her off,
"Riku's fine. He's just tough, but he isn't dangerous."
Kairi shook her head, unconvinced,
"I don't know. You've only known him a month, there's bound to be some things about him you aren't going to like when you find out."
Sora smirked in amusement, catching the glance Riku sent back his way, before smiling at Kairi,
"I don't know, Kairi. I already know a lot of his secrets and I still like him just fine. I doubt there's anything that could change that." He shrugged, "Besides, everyone has a dark side, you have to accept it with the good, right?"
"Not if it's too dark, you don't." She argued, looking away.
Sora stopped, turning to face her as he titled her chin, making her look at him,
"Trust me on this, Kairi. Riku may seem dangerous, but he's not. Reckless, yes, but not dangerous. He isn't like your parents or any of the other people that hurt you, he wouldn't hurt any of us, and I wouldn't let him or anyone else ever hurt you, understand?"
She nodded and hugged him, tears springing to her eyes. Sora tried to reassure her as he held her to him, running a hand comfortingly through her hair as he whispered softly to her. Over the years, Sora had come to see Kairi a lot like his own sister, and protected her whenever she was threatened or afraid. It wasn't unusual for her to leave her own spot by the fire and come curl up next to him because the silence and shadows of the night scared her.
"Get a room!" Cried Yuffie with a giggle, causing the pair to break apart and turn to the other two who were waiting patiently on them. Yuffie began hopping up and down excitedly, pointing to Riku, "Breakfast is on him! He already said so!"
"Riku!" Sora exclaimed chastisingly, frowning at the dark look Riku was sending their way, before it melted into a nonchalant shrug as he turned on his heel and began walking away,
"What? It's the least I can do after the hard time I gave you yesterday."
An uncontrollable blush crept over Sora's cheeks at the mention of the night before. They had only slept while they were together, but still, Sora almost felt as though they had done something dirty. There had been something so intimate about the moment, the near pleading look he had seen in Riku's eyes, the desperation, as though if Sora had left him that night, Riku would surely have died. Though Riku came across as tough, at moments Sora saw just how fragile he could be.
"I'll forgive you just so long as you don't pull a stunt like that again." Sora told him, "You don't have to buy us breakfast. We manage just fine on our own."
Yuffie stopped so suddenly, Sora almost walked into her. She turned on him quickly,
"Speak for yourself when you refuse a hot breakfast! I happen to be looking forward to some French toast and a short stack, thank you very much!"
"...It would be a welcomed change..." Kairi added softly, causing Sora to blink at her in surprise. She was always the last one in their group to accept outside help. She smiled brightly, "And it'll give us a chance to get to talk with Riku more, right?"
Sora sighed in defeat,
"Alright, but just this once, and we have to return the favor later on, okay?"
"Onward to breakfast!" Cheered Yuffie, dancing around excitedly. Sora smirked in amusement when he watched her. When you stopped to think about it, her and Rikku were actually a lot alike... Maybe they were related too?

Kairi frowned at Riku as she buttered her a piece of toast,
"Are you sure you aren't going to eat anything?"
Riku shook his head,
"I'm not hungry."
Sora cast a glance at Riku in quiet contemplation as he took another bite out of his stuffed French toast. He'd figured vampires mainly lived on blood, but surely they had to eat actual food sometimes too, didn't they? He'd have to ask him about it later.
He and Riku sat together in one side of the booth facing the girls, one of Yuffie's great ideas. Note sarcasm. Currently, Sora was finding Riku to be very distracting, the hand resting on his leg and the lazy stroke of his inner thigh would be enough to distract anyone. He dropped a hand to his lap, swatting Riku's hand away, but the boy simply put it back where he'd had it and continued with his administrations. Sora shot him a cross look, only to receive a cocky smirk in return. Riku had been kind enough to treat them to breakfast, which he had claimed was his attempt at an apology for being thoroughly aggravating the night before, which was about the only reason Sora wasn't making a scene currently. But Riku was still being damn irritating. And distracting. Maybe it was because the distraction was rather pleasant that made it all the more irritating. Maybe.
"So Riku, like, where do you go to school?" Kairi asked, tilting her head to the side.
He placed his elbow on the table and his chin in his hand as he shrugged,
"I'm not in school anymore, I graduated a couple of years ago."
"Are you going to go to college?" She pressed, and he chuckled,
"That's what I graduated from."
Yuffie choked on a bite of her pancakes. She gave him a disbelieving look,
"You've graduated from college? You don't look old enough to have barely made it out of high school!"
He shrugged again, leaning back in the booth,
"You could say I've been around the block a time or two."
"Are you like a certified genius or something?" Kairi asked with wide curious eyes, causing him to laugh.
"I'm sure it's the 'or something'. I'm no genius, just a fast learner, I memorize things almost instantly."
"Sometimes he's too smart for his own good." A voice stated, causing all of them to turn. Cloud and Squall stood next to each other, looking down at them, causing Sora to throw Riku a questioning look to Riku who merely shrugged in response.
"Cloud! Squall! What brings you here?" The silver haired male questioned, raising a suspicious eyebrow. Squall shrugged, running a hand through his hair,
"You know, just in the neighborhood."
"Would you like to sit down?" Offered Yuffie with a grin, "Pull up a chair."
They complied and Riku motioned to both of them,
"These are my cousins. Cloud and Squall. Guys, these are friends of Sora's: Yuffie and Kairi."
They all murmured polite greetings, as Riku gave them a demanding stare,
"So what are you guys really here for?"
Cloud scratched the back of his head,
"Well, first off, we were told to tell you to come back home, your brother wants to talk to you about why you were on restriction." Sora froze, and noted the way Riku stopped caressing his thigh through the fabric of his jeans. Cloud shook his head, "Don't look so worried. You'll probably be back here tomorrow."
"What else?" Demanded Riku, causing Squall to sigh.
"You're being put on a sort of... probation. You have to report in to Rikku every Friday."
Frowning in confusion, Riku raised a brow,
"Why Rikku? Why not one of you?"
"They want an uninvolved third party for you to account to."
"Rikku is involved." He pointed out and Cloud shrugged,
"Not enough in their mind's eye."
"Why were you on restriction?" Yuffie asked, "Did you sneak out in the middle of the night to go party with your friends?"
Riku laughed, shaking his head,
"No, nothing quite so glamorous. There is this group of people that my family kinda is feuding with..." he began, nearly making Sora snort. Group of people his family was feuding with?? Yeah that was one way of saying 'I'm a vampire who made friends with a human, and those higher up in the vampire food chain hate humans.' "And well, I made friends with one of them, so some of my relatives are kinda pissed."
Squall snickered, earning a dark look from both Cloud and Riku.
"Making friends with the enemy, huh? You don't think your family will disown you, do you?" Kairi questioned, worriedly.
"God, I hope so." He exclaimed, causing each of the men at the table to laugh. Removing his hand from Sora's thigh, he reached into his back pocket, pulling out his wallet and laying down a fifty-dollar bill, before replacing his billfold and standing up. "Well, if they want to see me, I suppose I better go so I can get back sooner." He turned to Sora, "Walk me back to my house, okay?"
Sora shot his a suspicious look before relenting and standing as well.
"I'll see you girls at home. Cloud, Squall, it was good to see you again." They all waved him off and the two men left the restaurant side by side. Neither one of them spoke until they were nearly a block away, "I didn't get you in more trouble, did I?"
Riku shook his head,
"Nah, I doubt it. They're probably only going to reiterate to me why I ended up on restriction and not to do it again."
"But you've already done it again."
"They don't know that."
"What if they find out?"
"They won't." he told him confidently.
"What if they do?" Worried Sora, brows drawn together.
"They won't." He reassured him.
"I don't know..." Sighed Sora, biting his bottom lip between his teeth. Riku grabbed his hand, leading him off to the side,
"C'mon."
"Where are we going?"
"Just follow." Riku told him tersely, leading him in to a dark alley way blocked from sight. Sora followed along silently, frowning when Riku turned and wrapped him in his embrace; causing the world around them to fade into Riku's living room. Cupping the sides of Sora's face, Riku forcefully kissed him, a bruising kiss that made Sora gasp in surprise. The kiss softened and Sora found himself once again kissing back, warmth washing over him as Riku arms moved to embrace him and hold him closer. Sora sighed into the kiss, allowing Riku entrance into his mouth, where the silver haired male casually tapped his tongue against his own, before withdrawing and lifting his head as he once again cupped the side of Sora's face. "Hear what I'm saying now. No matter what happens, I will always come back to you."
Sora frowned,
"But how can you be sure?"
A slow grin stretched over Riku's face,
"Because I promise I will always come back to you." He told him, placing another kiss on his lips.
"You're masters are going to only get angrier if you keep making me promises." Sora warned him softly, causing Riku to wink at him in response,
"Then shall I make them ecstatic?"
Sora laughed, shaking his head,
"Not today." Riku leaned forward to kiss him again, a soft seductive kiss that Sora eagerly leaned into, nearly causing him to fall flat on his face when Riku disappeared into thin air. Sora growled in frustration, punching empty air, "Damn cocky bastard!"
"I heard that." Riku's voice laughed in the air surrounding Sora, only causing the brunette to punch at air again in irritation.

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Riku hesitantly knocked on the door to Sephiroth's chambers, fidgeting nervously when the door opened all on its own.
"I've been expecting you." A smooth voice stated as Riku cautiously entered the dark room, eyes scanning for the older male everywhere. "Look up." He instructed him, and Riku did so, spotting the man in question leaning against the wall in the corner, the only strange thing about the scene as the fact that he was upside down, with his feet firmly planted on the ceiling. Gravity has no effect on the undead, but it was still something you had to get use to seeing.
"You wanted to see me?" Riku questioned, ready to leave as soon as possible. Cool colored eyes slowly opened to observe him with chilling indifference.
"You just got off restriction, correct?"
Riku nodded,
"Yes sir."
Sephiroth turned 180 degrees before slowly descending to the ground and taking a few steps towards the younger vampire.
"Recall for me, if you would, what exactly got you on restriction in the first place." He instructed, crossing his arms over his exposed chest. Riku had to admit, the older vampire was indeed something to look at. Unearthly beauty and a body that appeared to have been chiseled out of marble; he stood there clad only in a pair of black leather pants, his hair loosely tied back with a black ribbon. A lot of the other vampires called Riku and Sephiroth 'brothers' because they supposedly looked so damn much alike, and if they really looked as much alike as everyone seemed to think, Riku could only hope he'd one day look just as damn sexy, too.
"I met a human and promised to neither hurt him, allow anyone else to hurt him, or to erase his memories." He told him simply, causing Sephiroth to nod and pace slowly in front of the low burning fireplace,
"Just bear with me for a moment if you would, and tell me why exactly you promised these things when you know they're forbidden." Riku hesitated and Sephiroth shot him an impatient look, "I'm waiting."
With a sigh, Riku looked away,
"He... reminds me of someone I knew a long time ago."
"When you were alive you mean?" Riku nodded, and Sephiroth's smile turned malicious, "Someone you betrayed?"
Riku's head shot up,
"No! They weren't suppose to..." He frowned, pain and guilt wrapping around his heart, "He wasn't suppose... to get hurt. That was part of the deal."
The older man raised a sculpted eyebrow,
"Oh really? I'm intrigued. Tell me how it was suppose to happen."
Riku found himself wrapped up suddenly in a memory he'd tried desperately to forget.
"They were after the family that had taken me in... The master of the house was cruel to everyone, but often took the brunt of his frustrations out on me." His frown deepened, "I simply wanted them to feel pain... a moment of what I'd been feeling since I'd walked in that house. Yuki was their son, Master's pride and joy, and... my friend." He shook his head furiously, "He was the only one in that house who ever gave a damn about me, to everyone else I was just the orphan that owed them for taking him in; I was the ungrateful servant boy." A dark cloud settled over him. "They wanted to take care of the Master for cheating them on a deal, I was going to allow it, but only if they promised Yuki wouldn't get hurt, they had to let him live. I was suppose to go with him on a hunting trip the day it happened, so that I would know nothing happened to him..."
"What happened?" Sephiroth prodded.
"They came a day early..." He told him softly, suddenly feeling very heavy and worthless. "They destroyed the entire village, not just the one manor... they killed... everyone." A thick ball formed in his throat, the back of his eyes beginning to burn. "I tried to convince Yuki to go for safety, but he wouldn't have it." He snorted, "Said he had to stay and protect what was rightfully his. They ran him through and he died in my arms." He was shaking and he knew it, but he refused to give into the tears that threatened to fall at the memory. "The one person I'd wanted to protect, and I couldn't even save him..."
"Records say you sold out the entire village." Stated Sephiroth matter-of-factly. Riku's head shot up,
"It was the betrayal of one family that led to the destruction of a village. I was double-crossed."
Sephiroth was silent for several moments, frowning in contemplation before waving him away.
"I'll speak to you again on this matter. Leave me."
Riku bowed and back out of the room, before fleeing back to the Aboveground once more...

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Ansem leaned casually against the bookcase, raising an inquiring brow at Sephiroth,
"What are you up to? You've been in this library scanning books for nearly six hours."
Hastedly, the younger elder glanced at him, then continued flipping through the book he was reading,
"This library holds every record of every vampire to have ever existed. Somewhere there is a book on each of them, and it tells why they ended up a vampire."
Ansem nodded, rather bored with the topic, seeing as how it held no real purpose to him.
"What is your point, Sephiroth?"
The man in question replaced the book to its shelf before snatching up another one,
"Riku told me about how he ended up as a vampire, the betrayal that got him here."
"What about it?"
Sephiroth shook his head,
"It doesn't add up. Records say that Riku betrayed the entire village, everyone, not just a select few. But according to Riku, he betrayed certain members, namely one man, in a family that had taken him in and yet was unkind to him, he wanted a particular boy spared, but the rest of the family to hurt, he never said he wanted them dead, and then he was double crossed, a betrayal that led to the lose in the lives of all members in the village."
Ansem shrugged,
"So? You have heard of people lying, haven't you? He's lying, that's all."
Frowning, Sephiroth looked up,
"That's just it though." He turned to Ansem, "I don't think he's lying."
At this, Ansem frowned, "Well, then if he's telling the truth, why was he cursed to become a vampire?"
"Because somebody else was lying."

TBC

AJ: So, Riku was made a vampire as a punishment for a crime he didn't commit?
Tenoko: That's what Sephiroth seems to think.
AJ: Well, if that's the case, what can they do about it?
Tenoko: (/shrugs/) How should I know?
AJ: Because you're the author!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story