Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Trashed And Scattered

3. Open windows

by leitchy 1 review

who looks through the window?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-05-13 - Updated: 2007-05-14 - 1463 words

0Unrated
written mostly by emily. haha. remember, mrs way/hurley/smith/toro ... yeah. that cool one!

I took my time walking to my locker. I had learnt pretty quickly who my locker neighbors. And that they hated people like me. By the time I got there every one had made their escapes from the school. I shoved a few books in my bag then slammed my locker shut, the crash echoing through the deserted halls. Hitching my bag on to my back it trudged down the halls, my sneakers squeaking on the cheap lino. Opening the front door, I stepped outside, pulling my hoodie over my head. I walked hastily towards the gates. The sooner I got out of here the better. As I stepped on to the sidewalk, I jumped a meter high, when a hand suddenly tapped me on the shoulder. I spun around ready to hit whoever or what ever was there. Now I'm not saying I'm not saying I'm paranoid , but seriously this was New Jersey not Queens, I didn't know if someone was going to ask me for directions or rob me. I breathed a sigh of relief when that hand turned out to be Macy's.
"Wow, dude. Chill. I'm not going to shoot you or anything..."
"Seriously Macy, don't EVER do that again." I laughed softly. "Why are you still here anyway?"
"Waiting for you. Thought I'd walk home with you. Didn't realize you were going to take forever!"
"Sorry bout that.... My locker is surrounded by preps... "
Macy held up her hands.
"Say no more. I understand. Anyway we better get going; if I'm not home soon my rents will have a fit"
"sorry..."
"Don't be. It's not your fault. Where do you live anyway? "
"Couple of streets that way. " I said, pointing to my left. "...um...damn it I can't remember what its called... how about we just start walking, I know where it is"
"Lead the way"
Our walk started in silence. I pretended to be interested in the dying trees that lined the sidewalk. She pretended to fix her phone. Or maybe it really was broken. Either way it was kind of awkward. Luckily Macy didn't seem to like awkward silences and cleared the air quickly.
"So ... do you have any brothers or sisters?"
"Umm. I have a brother, Micah."
"How old is he?"
"19... He's at college studying psychology"
"Oh cool"
"Why are you so interested...." I replied, raising an eyebrow.
"No reason..." She caught my expression. "Hey! It's not like that!"
" Sure, sure...."
She hit me playfully on the arm "Shut up."
I hit her back, as we laughed loudly. It probably would have seemed ironic to onlookers considering our clothing. Laughing emo's. Oxymoron if I ever heard one. But I could tell me and Macy were going to be great friends. Despite how cliché that sounds it was true.

"Any other siblings?" She asked.
I paused. "No. Just Micah. We are close. It's cool. He's really sweet, you know?" She smiled.

Sooner than I expected we were standing in front of my house. Time flies when you're having fun, I guess. Never thought that phrase held any truth until now. We stood in silence as Macy took in my house.
"Nice place" she commented
"yeah it's alright ... so I suppose I'll see you tomorrow?"
"You bet!" she responded in mock happiness.
I giggled and began to walk towards my front door "See ya"
I had turned to go when Macy grabbed my elbow. I looked back confused. She gently tugged at my sleeve revealing the scars on my wrist.
"If you ever need to talk, ever, call me. Please" Macy whispered softly, slipping a piece of cardboard in my other hand. I nodded, avoiding eye contact. She let go of my arm and I pulled the sleeve back down quickly.
"See you tomorrow!" she waved walking off down the road.
"Bye...."
I looked down at the business card in my hand.
Macy Vengenance
Adolescent and social deviant.

Her home and mobile number was printed on the back. I folded it and placed it in my pocket. Unfortunately I would probably have to use it.

After I'd done my homework, I decided to get changed. I wanted to get in to something more comfortable. I looked at the clock. 6pm. Mum should be home from work soon.
I walked up to my room and shut the door behind me. A cool breeze was blowing thought my open window, the curtains floating on the air. I searched through my drawers for something to throw on. I looked out the window and I saw the full moon. Hmm, I loved vampires, but werewolves? Too many teeth. I pulled out a pair of black trackies and a faded red Elmo shirt. So i liked Elmo. Problem? I chucked them on my bed and reached for the jeans i was wearing. I slid them off. I gently tugged on the hem of my shirt, and slowly pulled it up over my head, being careful not to disrupt my fringe. I began reaching behind my back to unclasp my bra. I almost undid it when my sixth sense kicked in. No, i don't see dead people but i had a weird feeling that i was being watched. I turned around slowly. I suddenly realized that my window lined up directly with another next door. And that there was a teenage boy, probably a horny teenage boy watching me. My jaw dropped in shock and i quickly reached for my recently discarded t-shirt, using it to cover myself. I ran over to the window glaring at him, as his eyes widened in embarrassment and his mouth formed the word 'no' in explanation, as he quickly shook his head. I slammed the window shut and pulled my blinds closed, disgusted. Stupid teenage boys! Shaking my head i finished getting changed and turned on my computer. I had just opened my inbox when the doorbells high pitched chime rang out through the house. Who the hell would be ringing my doorbell at this hour? Besides Jehovah's Witnesses. I hurried down the stairs puzzled. I looked though the spy hole on my door and saw the boy from next door shuffling nervously on the doorstep. i let out an exasperated sigh and pulled open the door.
"What do you want?" i snapped, rather harshly. he opened his mouth so speak but i cut him off.
" oh and sorry that I'm not topless right now" i said, sarcastically, leaning against the door frame.
He looked at me, hurt. "umm.... i just came over to apologise about before.... i didn't mean to stare... just you know... its not every day i look out my window and there's a half naked girl standing there...."
he spoke softly, looking away. He seemed sincerely sorry. He didn't seem sleazy like most other guys his age. I softened immediately.
"Hey its okay... its half my fault too... i shouldn't have been getting changed in front of an open window. "I smiled.
He looked at me surprised. After my previous reaction he obviously wasn't expecting this. i held out my hand.
"I'm Alyzon by the way"
He shook it firmly "Gerard"
That name rang a bell. Macy had mentioned a Gerard earlier at school. There couldn't be that many Gerard's in Jersey and he looked the part, wearing faded black jeans and an iron maiden t-shirt.
"Hey, you wouldn't happen to go to Belleville High would you?"
"Yeah...."he replied, his eyes narrowing in confusion.
"And you wouldn't happen to be friends with a Macy would you"
"yeah ... Why?"
"Just because i go there too, it was my first day today and Macy, well, befriended me after a pack of jocks decided to trip me in the hallway" Gerard nodded at this knowingly. "and i think ended up sitting with your friends, Frank and Ray ... she mentioned you"
"and that i had a detention?"
"Yeah."
"Then yes, i am that Gerard"
"Well then, it's a pleasure to meet you"
"the pleasure all mine" he responded smiling.
Suddenly screaming erupted from the house next door, Gerard's house. He winced visibly.
"Well i better get back to hell" he stated sadly, shoving his hands in to his pockets, as he began to walk away. "nice meeting you"
"hey wait" i called out to him. "Why don't you come inside for a little bit?"
"But we've only just met. I barely know you." he yelled back, over the shouting,
"well, we're going to be neighbors', maybe we should change that?"
He shrugged, and walked back over. I stood aside and he stepped in to my house. He looked down nervously when the shouting escalated. I shut the door firmly, shutting it out.
Sign up to rate and review this story