Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When Vampires Attack

Paths Crossed

by xXBethypooXx 2 reviews

Dawn discovers something terrible Gerard did in the past ... and it involves her dead boyfriend.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-05-14 - Updated: 2007-05-14 - 1431 words

0Unrated
Dawn sat on the hardest sofa in the chill out room, curling up like a frozen cat. Patrick was gurgling on in front of her rambling about some rival group somewhere or other, doing whatever to disturb their whatsit.
Memories of Gerard's pale face coming closer to hers flashed through her mind. There had been something wild about his eyes at that point, but they softened as if his vampire nature had never kicked in in the first place. What would he of done to her if his carnivorous instincts had been allowed to go their own way? Dawn shivered.
"Gerard! There you are. I've just recieved news that-"
"I need to talk to Dawn for a minute," Gerard interrupted Patrick, his voice displaying no emotion. Dawn jumped slightly and looked over the back of the sofa to the wooden door. Barney was crouching behind Gerard, looking like a rat behind an eagle.
"What about?" she asked, though she knew full well what it was about.
"Nothing concerning this lot," Gerard said, and moved to the side so Dawn could pass through. The rest of the guys bleeted, insulted.
"Yeah, thanks Gerard, way to make us feel wanted," Ray murmered. Bob, who was sat next to him, agreed heartily - or as heartily as he could get with an expression of a pouting possum on his face.
Dawn left the building with Gerard and Barney following suit.
"What's he doing here?" she asked, gesturing at the old, toothless man.
"No idea. He just started following me," Gerard replied. Barney chuckled loudly and scuttled away like a crab. There was something rather disturbing about his nature. Dawn folded her arms and leant against the brick building, waiting for Gerard to say what he had to say.
"I ... I just wanna tell you something, just so you know," he began, taking a breath. Was this it? Was he finally about to reveal his terrible past? "I can't have relationships with people," he blurted out, scratching his arm nervously.
"I ... what?"
"I can't have a relationship with anyone. It's just that..." Gerard murmered, turning away. Dawn immediatly pitied him.
"Your vampire nature, huh? Would you of bitten me?" she asked, sitting down on the gravel and subconciously rolling about the small stones.
"No ... well, maybe. I don't know. When a vampire 'sees red' then who knows what he'll do? We can sense blood like sharks," Gerard explained, looking downcast. Something about his face made Dawn want to hug him.
"Well ... no offence but I just kinda got caught in the moment, y'know?" she lied.
"Oh, well, yeah. I understand."
"But I'm kind of the same. Ever since my boyfriend was killed by a vampire in New Jersey, I don't feel I can have another relationship with anyone," Dawn blurted. What the hell had brought her boyfriend up? Her past was supposed to be dead and buried.
"What was his name?" Gerard asked, a note of concern in his voice.
"Brendon. Most people called him Wendy for some reason. Maybe because it rhymes with 'Brendy'," Dawn smiled. She turned to look at Gerard, who was figiting uncomfortably. His eyes looked blank. A thought came to her mind. "Did you know him?"
"No ... i-"
"Do you know the vampire who killed him?" Dawn said desperately. Silence deafened her. The rustling of the nearby trees and grass mysteriously disappeared. Gerard lowered his head to his raised knees, but Dawn suddenly pulled it back up, fire burning in her eyes. "It was you, wasn't it."

"But they can't be coming back here! They've been here five hundred times already!" Ray yelled at Patrick, gesturing wildly in mid-air before smacking his hand on the wooden windowsill next to him.
"I'm afraid they are coming back. Apparently, they have even more demons on their side now-" said Patrick, before being interrupted by Bob.
"Wait a minute," he called out, standing up. "Who exactly is 'they' precisely?"
"La Oscuridad errante, you idiot!" Frank yelled, punching Bob in the arm brutally. Bob thought back for a moment. La Oscuridad errante were a band of rebel vampires. They too were against Moe and his followers, but they weren't exactly angels. For some reason they kept coming back, trying to convince Gerard to join their ranks. No matter what they persuaded him with, he said no.
"Oh yeah," said Bob. "Why can't they just leave Gerard alone?"
"No idea. It's a good thing he doesn't join them, though-" Patrick said aloud, but soon realised he had said too much. The others gave him dodgy looks and were just about to pester him for answers, when they heard a female yell come from outside.
"Dawn!" Ray hissed, and raced out of the room.

Dawn blindly ran at Gerard, swinging her fist at his face. Her knuckles bruised painfully on his skull, but she couldn't feel it. All she felt was a burning anger roaring within her. Her fist made contact with Gerard yet again, and she kneed him as hard as she could in the stomach. He collasped to the ground, winded, and Dawn kicked him relentlessly anywhere she could reach. Suddenly, she felt arms wrap around her arms and pull her backwards.
"Dawn! What the hell do you think you're doing!" came Bob's voice. Tears streamed angrily down her face.
"He killed my boyfriend! It was him!" she screamed, struggling to get loose from whoever was holding her. Mikey rushed to Gerard's side and helped him up, but stared at his friend oddly.
"Is this true?" Mikey asked, sadly. Gerard sighed and wiped the blood off his face with his sleeve.
"Yeah, it's true, but you don't understand-"
"We don't have to understand, murderer!" Dawn screeched, still struggling. "I never should of forgiven you for being a vampire-"
"Forgiven me?! Why the hell did I have to be forgiven!" Gerard shouted back at her, his cut lip slurring his speech a little. "It's suddenly my fault Moe bit me?"
Dawn stammered slightly, still filled with rage. "It probably was! Maybe it's you he's after, and you're too cowardly to fight him on your own! You were obviously dragged up by a good for nothing family!"
Gerard suddenly began shaking with anger, his eyes glowing red. A huge gale suddenly knocked everyone off their feet, apart from Gerard. His hair waved about madly. Words couldn't express the anger he was feeling at that moment. Patrick, who had somehow forced himself to stand up against the tremendous gale, dragged himself over to the anger-driven Gerard and grabbed his shoulder.
"Stop it Gerard! Remember how I taught you to control this!" the group's leader yelled above the surge of wind. The vampire growled ferrally, trying his hardest to stop the almighty gale rocking Leona. He fell to his knees and gripped his head, and the wind died down to a small breeze as quickly as it had begun. The fallen group raised their heads tentatively.
"What the hell was that?!" Ray shouted, his large hair looking like a vulture's nest.
"Either a passing tornado, or..." Bob began, looking down at Gerard. Dawn suddenly laughed manically.
"Think your fancy magic scares me? Well it doesn't!" she shouted, getting up off the ground. "Where ever your family is, I hope they're going through the worst time of their-"
"I don't have a family!" Gerard shouted suddenly, getting to his knees shakily. Dawn blanched slightly as Gerard's form was replaced by that of a huge bat made from black energy. The white eyed creature sank into the ground, and Gerard was stood there no more.
Silence racked through everyone. Without them realising, the whole village had come to watch the scene. One large man was snickering loudly with his skinhead friends. This was obviously the infamous Brett, who had unfortunately befriended Ignious. The demon was staring at Dawn, looking rather bored.
Patrick turned to face the confused group, looking tired and more his age. "Let's deal with this some other time," he stated, and walked back to the village hall. Frank, Bob, Mikey and Ray followed him with subdued expressions, but Dawn remained still. She felt as if her brain was about to explode from everything running through it at an alarming pace. Hate, sorrow, anger, regret, fear and loss just a few of the emotions streaming through her. What Gerard had done was unforgivable, yet was it really his fault? Dawn had a strong feeling she still didn't know anything about his past.


Author's note: I'm well aware Gerard (and Mikey) does have a family! All the best to them!
Sign up to rate and review this story