Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When Vampires Attack

The Ocean

by xXBethypooXx 2 reviews

Igneous fools the group with his false tale of woe ... suspicion ensues. Dawn also finds where Gerard hangs out in troubled times.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-05-13 - Updated: 2007-05-13 - 1280 words

0Unrated
Dawn clapped as Gerard kicked the head off a poor scarecrow brutally. He was trying to teach her the classic 'Karate kick' as she called it, but when she tried she just ended up doing a barrel roll. She just wasn't cut out for this kind of stuff. Patrick also applauded Gerard's display.
"Great, great. We'll be starting our mission in no time at all. Dawn, next time we train maybe you should bring your own methods of killing vampires? You're not very good at this sort of thing, are you?" he said, smiling pleasantly. Dawn folded her arms indifferently, silently cursing Patrick for pointing that out. Gerard grinned at her stubborness.
"I'm sure your method is just as good as this," he said, rubbing his leg; he had obviously bruised it whacking the head off the scarecrow. "What do you-" he continued, but his eyes suddenly snapped open wide. Dawn subconciously put a hand to her hair.
Patrick also spun around to look where Gerard was staring at. His jaw fell open unpleasantly. "Demon!" he shouted, causing Dawn to finally turn. What she saw nearly made her do a face-plant in the grass. A big ball of fire was walking towards them! Gerard ran past her quickly, but stopped when the demon did. The fireball waved in some sort of greeting.
"I Igneous. I mean no harm!" it said, audibly smiling. Through the fire, Gerard could make out a face made of rock. Small flames flickered in its hollow eye sockets.
"Why are you here?" Gerard demanded, clenching his fists.
"Moe murdered Igneous's family long ago. Moe made me slave. I escape and run here. Thought could help you kill Moe. Please take Igneous in." the fireball pleaded, sounding like a whiney dog. Gerard stared straight into Igneous's eyes, obviously trying to see if he was lying. The demon faltered slightly.
Dawn felt sorry for Igneous. He had lost his whole family? They should take him in straight away! He would certainly be useful, since he was made of fire and all. Everyone else seemed to agree, but waited for Gerard to say something.
"He's lying," he said, crouching in fight mode. Dawn yelled her disaproval, as did everyone else.
"I not lying! Please let me help!" Igneous said desperately, his flames growing more violent.
"Yeah, Gerard. Give him a chance. You know there are some good demons in the world!" said Mikey.
"Trust me, he's lying. Take him in if you want, but it'll just end in someone dieing. If that happens then I'll beat the crap out of him," Gerard stated, still staring down the demon.
"Well he's not lying, so that won't be the case will it?" Dawn said, walking up to the demon. Gerard reached out to pull her back, then stopped, biting his lip.
The tall grass around Igneous waved about slightly, as if there was a breeze of air immitting off of him. Surprisingly, there was no sign of scorching anywhere he had walked.
"Sure, you can join us," Dawn said, putting her hands in her jean pockets. Gerard groaned and shook his head, then looked up at the trees Igneous had came from. He squinted and looked surprised, but didn't say if he had seen anything.
"I'm just gonna check those trees."

"Sceadu! The vampire's coming towards us!" cried Heolstor from the trees. The shadow turned around and blanched slightly.
"He's seen us. Stupid Igneous, though his acting was rather superb. Genip, you stay here. Me and Heolstor will report back to Moe," he said, looking up at the tall mist woman. She nodded, and slowly disappeared into the air.
"Please tell Dunkler Nebel of my whereabouts. I forgot to tell her where I was headed," came Genip's voice, reffering to her darker sister. Sceadu nodded, grabbed Heolstor by his skinny arm, and disappeared into the many tree shadows.
Gerard reached the trees, relishing the shade momentarily. He poked about, but could find no sign of any other demons being here. But he was sure he had seen something ... plus his senses were still alert for some reason. Giving the small grove one last look, he spun around and saw the group heading back to the village with Igneous tagging along behind them. Sighing, he headed across the field but didn't enter the village like everyone else. He found the secret path that led to the sea, and wondered down it while staring at all the wild plants and flowers. If only people would learn to trust him. He was sick of people thinking he was a liar. Igneous was one of Moe's spies, he knew it.
Dawn backed off from the rest of the group and saw Gerard walking down a path she had never seen before. It was between those two hills behind which was the glittering sea. Curious, she silently followed him.
They soon arrived at a small cove. The powerful sea rolled over itself in waves and hit the sand with strong strokes. Cliffs surrounded the cove like crumbly skyscrapers. Some of them hung dangerously over the sea, as if they were thinking of falling in. Gerard walked up a steep, grassy hill that reached the top of an outcropping cliff. Dawn followed him up it, still curious. What was he doing here?
"I love the sea," Gerard said suddenly. Dawn nearly slapped herself; he had known she was there the whole time. She watched as he sat down on the edge of the cliff, and breathed in heavily.
"Why's that?" she asked, sitting down next to him.
"I dunno ... I suppose because it's eternal, y'know? It's always there, inspiring so many things. It's too big to comprehend," Gerard replied quietly. The two were silent for a moment as they fiddled with the tough grass. "...And," he continued, slowly, "whatever you throw in the sea comes back to you."
Dawn loved the sea too, but she had never thought of it that way. Gerard was clearly wiser than her, and more emotionally in touch with himself. She suddenly found that her hand was on his. He looked at her, questioningly, but saw she was leaning in closer and closer to his face. He did likewise.
"There you both are!" someone yelled suddenly. Gerard and Dawn both yelped and leapt to their feet, blushing with embarressment. They saw Frank waving his arms wildly on the steep hill, trying not to fall off the edge. "Patrick wants to see all of us, pronto! You'd better get your asses back quickly, he looked pretty urgent." He finished his speech by finally falling off the edge of the hill with a yell. Luckily, he landed on a rather conveniant sand dune, and remained unhurt.
Dawn scratched her head nervously and looked at Gerard, who was staring blankly at her with an odd look on his face.
"Sorry, I..." she began, but shook her head and hurried down the steep path. Why the hell had she just tried to kiss him?
Her mind swirled in confusion. Part of her hated Frank for interuppting their close encounter, but part of her was grateful. He was a /vampire/... it couldn't be this way. Tears welled up in her eyes, and she followed Frank back along the secret path.
Gerard was in the same state of mind. Why had he ended up trying to kiss her back? He would only end up hurting her...
He decided it was time to tell Dawn one of his biggest secrets.


Author's note: Sorry about the rubbishness of this chapter. I wrote it when I just got up and I was just typing random stuff. Hope it wasn't that bad. :)
Sign up to rate and review this story