Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When Vampires Attack

Man of Fire

by xXBethypooXx 3 reviews

The team begin their training and develop secret moves to defeat Moe. Little do they know they're being watched by some people who are rather odd...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-05-08 - Updated: 2007-05-08 - 1433 words

0Unrated
Dawn had not long been freed from the whiteness of what she discovered was a small medical clinic. So small in fact, that it could only hold up to three patients. Some village.
She practically skipped down the gravel path towards her house. Although Moe's attack on her mind had made her feel like a moldering bag of crap, she felt awesome now she could return to her house. Not that it was much of a house, but still, it was home. Just as she got in through the front door, the portrait in her arms wobbled dangerously. The cloth seemed to fly off on its own accord.
"I won't stand for this dogs tripe any longer! I've had enough of being handed from person to person!" Van Helsing yelled boisterously. Steam seemed to be flying from the top of the frame.
"Chill, Abe. Hopefully this will be the last time you get swapped for some bubblegum," Dawn smiled.
"I have no idea what this 'bubblegum' is, but I am tired of hanging on a wall watching people come and go like a- a-"
"Portrait?" said Dawn helpfully. The painted professor trembled with rage; Dawn had a hard time getting him on a rusty nail in her wall. Soon, he gave up his fight and hung pathetically on the bluish wall.
"Oh, if only Dr. Seward were here! He had more decency then any of you lot put together, especially that bumbling buffoon of a vampire! Why, that nimkapoop nearly destroyed my fine frame when I commented on his obvious lack of power-"
"Look, stop moaning!" Dawn nearly yelled, now seeing why Gerard had rid himself of the infernal stress. "You're the most famous vampire hunter in history. You should know that vampires aren't good with insults; they're proud people ... most of the time," she continued, trying hard not to grab the small ornament of a dog on her mantlepiece and thrust it straight through Abraham. The portrait merely sniffed and shuffled slightly, trying to get comfortable. Dawn suddenly heard someone calling her name from outside.
Opening the door, she saw Ray and Bob gesturing madly.
"Yo, Dawn! Patrick convinced that nutjob Barney to lend us his 'schpluffa field'. We're going there to train. Wanna come? All the guys will be there," Ray called. Dawn had no idea what a 'schpluffa field' was, but going out for some exercise seemed to be a pretty good idea. She said a quick goodbye to Van Helsing - who kindly reminded her not to talk to anyone who deals in portraits - and walked with Bob and Ray to one of the fields she had passed while arriving here. Again, the sparkling ocean was visible inbetween two green hills. A sense of freedom overwhelmed Dawn's system. Grinning like a four year old with a lollipop, she raced towards a group of men with her arms waving around in the air merrily.
"Why do they all do that?" Bob asked wonderingly. Ray clicked his tongue thoughtfully.
"No idea. Must be some caveman instinct," he decided. Bob finalized their short conversation with a nod, and jogged through the trail Dawn had made in the shaggy grass, his blondish hair waving in the slight breeze. Ray smiled to himself and relished the feeling of the way to hot Spring sun on his face.
Yet, someone hidden in the trees was not enjoying the weather as much as everyone else.

"Yoohoo! Gerard!" Dawn called to the vampire as she watched him trudge up the field. Pulling a white hanky from her trouser pocket, she waved it girlishly. A smile played across Gerard's lips. Even he could enjoy the bright weather with no bother from the blinding light. Only vampires of pure darkness could be harmed by the sun's rays.
When he reached the group, Patrick sat up from the grass.
"Good morning, everyone. I thought we could enjoy this oddly fine day since tomorrow won't be quite as refreshing, thanks to global warming. Barney will be along in a minute to set up the scarecrows-"
"Scarecrows?" interuppted Dawn, imagining having to plant seeds as Barney wheezed in the background.
"Yes, Dawn. We use our fighting skills against them to train. I'm afraid some of us are to dangerous to fight with eachother."
"But I can't fight! I know how to kill vampires and stuff, but literally kick their ass? Hell no," Dawn half panicked. Patrick just chuckled.
"That's the reason we train," he said simply. He turned when a familiar coughing boomed across the field. Barney was dragging a row of beaten up scarecrows over a wooden stile nearby. If he had any sense, he would of carried them over one at a time.
Gerard raised an eyebrow, then turned to Dawn. "I haven't done this in yonks. I think I've forgotten everything."
"Pfft! Imagine how I feel. I'm such a newb," Dawn tutted, putting her hand to her forehead to block the blazing sun.
"If I can actually remember anything, I could teach you if you want. I'm pretty good at the martial arts and stuff."
Dawn could just imagine it. Batman and his new sidekick, Wienergirl.
"Sure, but it'll take a while for me to get my leg past my waist."

"They're just getting set up. It doesn't seem as if they will be discussing any secret plans or raids today," came a high pitched, wirey voice, hidden in the darkest area of trees. The demon's name was Heolstor, and he bore a resemblance to a short , green monkey with a dash of Yoda. He was extremely skinny and swift, and one of Moe's most trusted spies.
"Maybe one of us should befriend them and train with them. That would be a much easier way to get gather information about them all," said Sceadu, a being of the shadows. He bore a similar resemblance to Gerard, but his hair was longer and his eyes were completely black, even the whites.
"That is a good idea," replied Heolstor. "It's better than hiding in the bushes, waiting for something to happen. What do you think, Genip?" He wondered, looking at a tall woman who appeared to be made of silver smoke.
"It is agreeable. I cannot withstand this sun any londer. I fear I will evaporate," she said in a ghostly voice. "Igneous should be the one to do it. All he's done that's useful in our journey is light our way."
The demons nodded at eachother, then looked at Igneous with sparks in their eyes. Igneous, being made of flaming rock, couldn't express his emotions vier his face, yet his gnarly voice pierced human's chest like loud music.
"I not go! Humans very dull and stupid. Igneous not go!" he protested, waving his flaming arms in front of himself.
"You will go before I turn you into a molecule!" Sceadu half shouted, his black eyes shining purple threateningly. Igneous squeaked and quickly raced towards the field as fast as his wide legs could carry him.
The other demons were silent as they watched him nervously make his way up to the hunters.
"We must be careful. I'm surprised the vampire hasn't sensed us already. Moe said he was dangerous," Genip whispered, her voice drifting slowly towards her allies.
"This village will soon be crumbled to dust!" Heolstor hissed, gesturing by squeezing his small, green hand together.
"Hush, Heolstor. Moe wants to rid himself of that lot first. Especially Gerard. The rest of the village shall perish soon after," Sceadu chuckled. "Soon, humans will be extinct; vampires and demons will rule this planet in no time."
Heolstor and Genip smiled at their pale friend, evil in the form of Moe reflected in their eyes.

Author's note: I'm sure my story is pretty confusing! I just wanna make a few things clear while I have the chance: My vampires are different from the ones you see on TV and read in books. Mine can't transform into any animals, yet when they're powerful enough, their magic takes the shape of a shadowy bat if you know what I mean. (If you've seen Raven in the Teen Titans cartoon, you'll know what I'm on about, even though her magic takes the form of a raven, obviously.)
Also, the MCR in this story aren't a band ... yet. Mikey and Gerard are not brothers either, as I said in the first chapter.
Thanks to AlexSanDee who notified me of the confusion I may have caused, and to all who have reviewed! Much love!
Oh yeah, and I don't think Gerard knows martial arts in real life. :D
Sign up to rate and review this story