Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When Light is Made to Fade......Or When Darkness Lightens Up.

It was ARRANGED to be

by gerardlover17 2 reviews

ok in this story a 20 year old girl is arranged to marry a man ten years her senior. He is the lead singer of a band she had never heard of. but she has seen pics and was scared at how dark he look...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way - Published: 2007-05-15 - Updated: 2007-05-15 - 388 words

0Unrated
Three Months Ago

"Darling. We Have something to tell you. You've known that one day you would follow the tradition as the youngest daughter in the family you would have a husband chosen for you. Well you father and I have chosen one. His parents are friends of the family and they've talked to him. He is rich. He is the lead singer of a very popular band. You'll like him."

"How old is he?"

"Oh darling age doesn't..."
"How old?"
"Thirty"


*My Point Of View Present Day*

When my parents had told me that, well i thought my life had ended. I was to marry someone ten years older than me.

Now I had always known that they would choose my future husband, but i had hoped he would be near my age. Well that was shot to hell. And to make matters worse the man looked positively evil. Pale skin, white blonde hair. Black clothes.

I shudder thinking about it. Brandi, my maid-of-honor, saw me shudder and said "What? You're getting married in a few days and you look like you are going to your execution."

"Brandi. You don't understand. Have you ever even seen the picture of him?"

"No. Where is it?"

Getting out the picture my parents had given me, i handed it to my best friend and looked away.

"Oh my god Shannon. He's got so much potential. He's hott. How old is he?"

"Thirty." I moaned.

"Who cares. What is age but another useless number." Brandi said shaking her head.

"It's not just that. It's not like i'm marrying for love over here."

"Huh?"

"It was arranged, Brandi. I've never even met him. I'm scared."

"Well you'll meet him tonight. You need to toughen up. He's rich, He's hott, and you'r parents approve. It won't be the death of you. Now i got to go get ready. I suggest you do the same."

She got up and walked outside. I watched her go wishing i could take it all as lightly as her. I look down at the picture in my lap and sigh. 'If only he didn't look so dark.' I thought to myself. With a sigh i got up and got dressed. Tonight was the engagement party and i had to get ready.

Tonight was the night i met him.
Sign up to rate and review this story